Author Topic: ****My Chemical Romance pictures!!****  (Read 21321 times)

andyrichter

Re: ****My Chemical Romance pictures!!****
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2004, 07:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:
 i have heard a my chemical romance song (and watched the laughable video), "I'm Not OK", which was on one of those "best of new rock" shows on mtv2.

i hate my chemical romance because they are an emo-core clone, and i hate the entire genre of emo-core. here's why: the sense of sadness, depression, and self-loathing hocked by bands like MCR, The Used, etc, etc has pervaded every fucking part of "popular" modern rock (ie, what's on the radio and MTV). it's the same moods expressed by the nu-metal scene, it's just all "i hate myself and i want to die".

so now on rock radio/music tv we have a few genres: nu-metal and emo-core mainly, and a few other tracks that happen to break big (by accident, usually). when you turn on DC101 or HFS all you hear is people telling you how much life sucks and how much they want to end it.

emo fans just piss me off, just like people who say "Happy Monday!" piss me off, or people who forward emails, or ignorant rednecks. i just don't like them. and don't tell me that the (modern) emo scene is some kind of vibrant and diverse group of people. it's downtrodden kids who  need someone to reinforce their anger and pain, and it comes with a dress code.

of course it's beyond their control that i hate MCR. i hate plenty of bands, and it's all beyond their control. i dont expect my hatred to make them change or anything.

re: interpol vs. MCR fans. I like plenty of bands that have rowdy fans and play shows where fights break out. I also like plenty of bands that have become cache and attract douches. Douches and assholes don't preclude me liking a band. An emo-kid fanbase does.

Why? Reasons? Why am I so warped?

Who knows, but I can tell you one thing, I'm not the only person in the world who is praying the emo-core fad is passing.
dude, shut the fuck up already.  get over yourself. before i come over there and stare at your girlfriend.

you ignorant redneck. [/b]
:D

vansmack

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2004, 08:01:00 pm »
  are those two girls?

i hate my chemical romance and everything they stand for. mainly because of their fans.
  get a fucking clue, you're not talking to the jocks at your high school who make fun of you for listening to alternative music.

i'm sorry that you've been brainwashed by emo-core trash. you'll wake up in a couple of years and come to your senses, but it will be a long, tough recovery.
Are you sure all you did was stare at the two guys who were checking out your lady?  

You seem fairly unprovoked here, but worthy of a whipping.

And then alas, the bouncer at the 9:30 has to bail you out, in his own, shall we call it eloquent, way.
27>34

Jaguär

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2004, 09:41:00 pm »

but then again, I'm a cynical misanthrope who loves to stereotype and categorize.  
you really sound like every bit of a jerk as the people you are whining about in the other thread thats all. [/b]
a jerk, yes.  a douchebag, no.

very critical distinction there. [/b]
Hey Hoya, don't let Sonick bother you too much. He's not worried about mouthing off all the time like he does until he gets a reaction from someone because he'll just send his girlfriend in to punch them out.    :D      :D      :D  
 Laughed my ass off.
 (Allergic, you need to know your recent 9:30 forum history to not take it so wrong.)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2004, 12:30:00 am »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
  Hey Hoya, don't let Sonick bother you too much. He's not worried about mouthing off all the time like he does until he gets a reaction from someone because he'll just send his girlfriend in to punch them out.     :roll:    

i don't get hot and bothered too easily ... but what does piss me off is asking about my thought processes, then telling me to shut the fuck up and stop posting when i lay it out there for you
(o|o)

allergic_to_you

« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2004, 08:55:00 am »
Just stop writing! hahah god.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2004, 09:27:00 am »

i don't get hot and bothered too easily ... [/b]
Well everything you've said so far contridicts this statement.  By your own admission you seem  bothered by just about everything.  You are a misanthrope, correct?  Or is that just a big word you learned at college?

sonickteam2

« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2004, 09:36:00 am »

Originally posted by Jaguär:
  Hey Hoya, don't let Sonick bother you too much. He's not worried about mouthing off all the time like he does until he gets a reaction from someone because he'll just send his girlfriend in to punch them out.      :roll:    

i don't get hot and bothered too easily ... but what does piss me off is asking about my thought processes, then telling me to shut the fuck up and stop posting when i lay it out there for you [/b]
dude.  everything you say in this thread, contradicts what you say in the Interpol-douchebag thread.  and just cause i got sick of your nonsense doesnt mean i backed off.

and jag's too old to remember that Rob Gee is the one who started talking about girlfriend's punching people.

you wanna argue about peoples freedom to listen to whatever band they want...bring it on pal, cause you're gonna lose every time!

sonickteam2

« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2004, 09:38:00 am »
Originally posted by chaz:

Well everything you've said so far contridicts this statement.  By your own admission you seem  bothered by just about everything.  You are a misanthrope, correct?  Or is that just a big word you learned at college? [/b]
haha, yeah.  he doesnt get bothered easily but the songs selection on a radio station he doesnt even have to listen to really throws him in a tizzy (temper tantrum, that might be a canadian word)

chaz

« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2004, 09:45:00 am »

Well everything you've said so far contridicts this statement.  By your own admission you seem  bothered by just about everything.  You are a misanthrope, correct?  Or is that just a big word you learned at college? [/b]
haha, yeah.  he doesnt get bothered easily but the songs selection on a radio station he doesnt even have to listen to really throws him in a tizzy (temper tantrum, that might be a canadian word) [/b]
And those people that forward e-mails....god what is wrong with those fucking losers???

chaz

« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2004, 09:49:00 am »
As the camera in the saloon swings to a low-angle shot and the orchestra strikes an ominous chord, the towering image of John Wayne fills the screen. Just as Wayne had presided over western pictures for thirty years (and would continue to do for more than another decade), veteran director Howard Hawks (Scarface, Red River) almost certainly intended Wayne to carry his 1959 Warner Brothers film Rio Bravo.

Fortunately for us, however, Rio Bravo is not your archetypal John Wayne film.

Co-star Dean Martin, as `Dude,' an alcoholic gunslinger struggling with sobriety, steals the screen in nearly every scene of Rio Bravo. Martin's potent mixture of innate coolness, vulnerability, and unflustered acting creates a dynamic and vibrant character that truly drives the unhurried emotional tenor of the film.

Rio Bravo opens with Wayne's John T. Chance - a beefy cow-town sheriff with a resilient independent streak - in some considerable trouble. Joe Burdette, the rowdy black sheep brother of powerful rancher outlaw Nathan Burdette, is waiting in the city jail for extradition on murder charges; and the Burdette gang doesn't take too kindly to Chance's vision of court justice.

While John T. is as obstinate and ageless as any John Wayne character, the supporting cast, led by Dean Martin's Dude, clearly sets Rio Bravo apart.

Because of his stubborn self-reliance and his refusal to place his friends in danger by involving them in the violent situation, John T. relies on only two rag-tag deputies and a young-yet-wise gun-for-hire to protect the county of Presidio, Texas, and keep Burdette under lock and key until the U.S. Marshall arrives.

Dean Martin's Dude is known by the local Mexicans as Borachon, or The Drunken One. Dude found his way into a bottle after his woman took off on a stagecoach, and two years later he seems to be in no better shape. Ridiculed by outlaws and cowboys alike, Dude has become a shell of his former sharp-shooting self.

Conveniently, however, Dude turns the corner on his grief and alcoholism at just the right time. He joins forces with John T., an old friend and partner, and quickly regains his ability to dispense justice from the hip with circus-style revolver shots.

In the best exchange of Rio Bravo, a surprised Nathan Burdette asks Dude: `You're pretty good with that gun when you're sober. How did that happen?' Dude responds with a cool arrogance, `If you mean being good with a gun, I've had a lot of practice. If you mean being sober, I'm gettin' practice on account of your brother.'

While Dude is John T.'s close partner, Stumpy provides the happy trigger finger to protect the jail from the Burdette gang, and the wit and thick accent to keep the Fifties audience rolling in the aisles. Unfortunately, like many classic films, most of the humor in Rio Bravo - aside from Stumpy's dead-on impersonation of John Wayne that rivals only Joker's in Full Metal Jacket - does not age well.

Young music and film star Ricky Nelson handles the character of Colorado Ryan with remarkable ease. Reluctant at first, John T. learns to trust Colorado for his lightning fast pistol skills, his aversion to meddling in others business, and his silky smooth crooning.

Rio Bravo is certainly in the top tier of westerns, and it has its star-studded group of actors to thank. Even with their best work, however, the film just cannot make that considerable climb over the hump to greatness. Like many other films in its genre, the motivations of both the characters and the plotline become hopelessly muddled at times.

For instance, the opening scene of Rio Bravo, which sets up the action and main story, is one of the most important parts of the film. In an effort to incorporate most major characters into this scene, however, the inspiration behind the players, especially Joe Burdette, is never clear. In addition, the history between John T. and Dude is never explored or fully explained.

That said, director Howard Hawks proves that a wide assortment of actors not usually associated with the genre can help John Wayne carry the film and maintain the leisurely style that propels Rio Bravo

sonickteam2

« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2004, 09:50:00 am »

i hate my chemical romance

i hate the entire genre of emo-core.

emo fans just piss me off, just like people who say "Happy Monday!" piss me off, or people who forward emails, or ignorant rednecks. i just don't like them.

i hate plenty of bands

hoyasax is a pretty laid back dude.

chaz

« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2004, 09:55:00 am »

i hate my chemical romance

i hate the entire genre of emo-core.

emo fans just piss me off, just like people who say "Happy Monday!" piss me off, or people who forward emails, or ignorant rednecks. i just don't like them.

i hate plenty of bands

hoyasax is a pretty laid back dude. [/b]
And that girl whose honor he defended at DC9 is one lucky lady.

allergic_to_you

« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2004, 10:34:00 am »
[/qb][/QUOTE]hoyasax is a pretty laid back dude. [/qb][/QUOTE]And that girl whose honor he defended at DC9 is one lucky lady. [/QB][/QUOTE]

rofllllllllllll

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2004, 11:10:00 am »
wow, you're doin some diggin!

As the camera in the saloon swings to a low-angle shot and the orchestra strikes an ominous chord, the towering image of John Wayne fills the screen. Just as Wayne had presided over western pictures for thirty years (and would continue to do for more than another decade), veteran director Howard Hawks (Scarface, Red River) almost certainly intended Wayne to carry his 1959 Warner Brothers film Rio Bravo.

Fortunately for us, however, Rio Bravo is not your archetypal John Wayne film.

Co-star Dean Martin, as `Dude,' an alcoholic gunslinger struggling with sobriety, steals the screen in nearly every scene of Rio Bravo. Martin's potent mixture of innate coolness, vulnerability, and unflustered acting creates a dynamic and vibrant character that truly drives the unhurried emotional tenor of the film.

Rio Bravo opens with Wayne's John T. Chance - a beefy cow-town sheriff with a resilient independent streak - in some considerable trouble. Joe Burdette, the rowdy black sheep brother of powerful rancher outlaw Nathan Burdette, is waiting in the city jail for extradition on murder charges; and the Burdette gang doesn't take too kindly to Chance's vision of court justice.

While John T. is as obstinate and ageless as any John Wayne character, the supporting cast, led by Dean Martin's Dude, clearly sets Rio Bravo apart.

Because of his stubborn self-reliance and his refusal to place his friends in danger by involving them in the violent situation, John T. relies on only two rag-tag deputies and a young-yet-wise gun-for-hire to protect the county of Presidio, Texas, and keep Burdette under lock and key until the U.S. Marshall arrives.

Dean Martin's Dude is known by the local Mexicans as Borachon, or The Drunken One. Dude found his way into a bottle after his woman took off on a stagecoach, and two years later he seems to be in no better shape. Ridiculed by outlaws and cowboys alike, Dude has become a shell of his former sharp-shooting self.

Conveniently, however, Dude turns the corner on his grief and alcoholism at just the right time. He joins forces with John T., an old friend and partner, and quickly regains his ability to dispense justice from the hip with circus-style revolver shots.

In the best exchange of Rio Bravo, a surprised Nathan Burdette asks Dude: `You're pretty good with that gun when you're sober. How did that happen?' Dude responds with a cool arrogance, `If you mean being good with a gun, I've had a lot of practice. If you mean being sober, I'm gettin' practice on account of your brother.'

While Dude is John T.'s close partner, Stumpy provides the happy trigger finger to protect the jail from the Burdette gang, and the wit and thick accent to keep the Fifties audience rolling in the aisles. Unfortunately, like many classic films, most of the humor in Rio Bravo - aside from Stumpy's dead-on impersonation of John Wayne that rivals only Joker's in Full Metal Jacket - does not age well.

Young music and film star Ricky Nelson handles the character of Colorado Ryan with remarkable ease. Reluctant at first, John T. learns to trust Colorado for his lightning fast pistol skills, his aversion to meddling in others business, and his silky smooth crooning.

Rio Bravo is certainly in the top tier of westerns, and it has its star-studded group of actors to thank. Even with their best work, however, the film just cannot make that considerable climb over the hump to greatness. Like many other films in its genre, the motivations of both the characters and the plotline become hopelessly muddled at times.

For instance, the opening scene of Rio Bravo, which sets up the action and main story, is one of the most important parts of the film. In an effort to incorporate most major characters into this scene, however, the inspiration behind the players, especially Joe Burdette, is never clear. In addition, the history between John T. and Dude is never explored or fully explained.

That said, director Howard Hawks proves that a wide assortment of actors not usually associated with the genre can help John Wayne carry the film and maintain the leisurely style that propels Rio Bravo
(o|o)

tinygee

« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2004, 11:24:00 am »
I have to agree with sonick on this matter, i mean let these people enjoy their bad music, and if you dont know them personally what the shit should you care? if someone i actually know and care about likes this insanely horrible type of music then i make a point to introduce them to something original...but for the jokers who do like this music, let em, thats less people at the shows i attend....and no one likes a show where you cant even turn your shoulders.