Author Topic: the forum is famous!  (Read 813 times)

HoyaSaxa03

the forum is famous!
« on: February 10, 2005, 07:18:00 pm »
from the post.com's (very good) going out gurus online chat today:

Logan Circle, Washington, D.C.: Do you guys read the D.C. music blogs that are out there about the "scene"? There are a bunch and they all seem to contradict each other. Are there any you recommend for either good information, good taste or pure humor whether intentional or not? Links please!!!

Al Gore

Rhome: You know, I've never really read them. Care to toss out any specific ones? The few I've seen smelled faintly of being driven by an agenda, that clique'ish type vibe. I'm a big fan of staying up on the calendars of the local venues and going out regularly to check out stuff you've never heard. Most bands have websites with mp3's, or you can always preview material at washingtonpost.com/mp3. And if you stay tuned to this space, you might just see a new blog. Hmmmm...

Joe: Not a blog really, but I regularly amused by the discussions in the 9:30 club's forums page - especially when they are all bashing each other. The one problem I have with many of the local music blogs I've read (I won't name names) is the obsession with indie rock...and only indie rock. Gets boring pretty quickly.
(o|o)

Fico

Re: the forum is famous!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 07:22:00 pm »
Sure...the Forum is famous..but what about the clouds and the end of the sky or whatever it is we are supposed to convert to today...

eltee

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 07:27:00 pm »
Hoya is Al Gore?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 07:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by El Tee:
  Hoya is Al Gore?
ok, i'm outed ... i am al gore, but i didn't make that post to the GOGs ... lot of people trying to trade in on my name these days ...
(o|o)