Author Topic: Kasey Chambers Roll Call  (Read 1599 times)

Lamb007

Kasey Chambers Roll Call
« on: November 11, 2004, 02:29:00 pm »
The new album is kind of <meh> but her last two stops at 9:30 were stellar. One of the few shows I've attended there when people actually shut up during the quieter songs.

brennser

Re: Kasey Chambers Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 05:51:00 pm »
I really enjoyed her last show but the new album is horrible - a pity because she has one of the finest voices in music today - I will content myself with listening to her first two albums

Lamb007

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 10:49:00 am »
For those who care (and judging by the turn out, not many do), it was a very good show on par with her previous headlining stops at 9:30. She continues to be one of the most gracious performers out there. Mercifully, the bulk of the set list came from her first two albums, as well as a cover of Lucinda Williams' "Change The Locks." The three songs she did perform from the new album fared much better live. A show surprisingly worth the 25 clams.

brennser

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2004, 11:59:00 am »
her cover of Change the Locks is really good - how many people do you think were there? I was hoping it might have been a 2 for 1'er in the 9.30 club email but alas no

if she's only playing 3 songs from her new album thats a fairly blatant acknowledgement that it sucks

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2004, 12:04:00 pm »
Maybe I'll go see her the next time she's in town, probably at iota for $15.

nah, probably still not worth it.

J'Mal

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2004, 04:36:00 pm »
Kasey Chambers was fantastic..... I think she did more than 3 new songs, though.....

One of them in particular, "Pony," was very good.  She did it last February, too....

Props also to Shane Nicholson.  The middle opener was just ok, didn't really get her groove.