Author Topic: pumpkins roll call/pregame  (Read 8181 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: pumpkins roll call/pregame
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2007, 11:39:00 am »
I'm on the road as soon as Kim gets here.  I'll have folding chairs, snacks, and drink with me.  We will be heading upstairs for the show.  With a total over well over 50 pieces of titanium in me from various injuries/repairs, I can no longer handle the floor at most any show, but I still have a kick ass time!
FUKIT

TheDirector217

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2007, 11:47:00 am »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by nkotb:
  Smackie, this is the line for the Smashing Pumpkins, not Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.  Also, you might want to check that girl's ID.  Just sayin'.
My bad.  Excuse me, I'll head down to the 9:30.  Does anybody mind if I bring a few underage girls with me to keep you all company? [/b]
I must meet you & purchase a drink.  Your posting has hit new levels of excellence recently, & I am impressed.  For the record, I am not impressed by very much . . . .

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2007, 11:52:00 am »
Very true. You're impressed by Silversun Pickups, and they don't seem like very much.   :p  

Originally posted by TheDirector217:

Smackie, this is the line for the Smashing Pumpkins, not Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.  Also, you might want to check that girl's ID.  Just sayin'.
My bad.  Excuse me, I'll head down to the 9:30.  Does anybody mind if I bring a few underage girls with me to keep you all company? [/b]
I must meet you & purchase a drink.  Your posting has hit new levels of excellence recently, & I am impressed.  For the record, I am not impressed by very much . . . . [/b]

skevin007

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2007, 12:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Very true. You're impressed by Silversun Pickups, and they don't seem like very much.    :p  

I must meet you & purchase a drink.  Your posting has hit new levels of excellence recently, & I am impressed.  For the record, I am not impressed by very much . . . . [/b]
[/b]
Their new album is growing on me!

vansmack

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2007, 12:10:00 pm »
OK, me and the girls have finally made it across town on our bikes down to 930 F St. and you guys can relax, there's nobody here yet.
27>34

Darth Ed

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2007, 12:11:00 pm »
So we all expect the Pumpkins to play for three hours, right? That would put the end of the show at around 12:30am. I usually take the Metro (last train to Greenbelt at 12:21), but I don't want to miss the end of the show. I don't suppose anyone here is driving back to College Park or Greenbelt after the show and would be willing to give me a ride (if the show runs past 12:17am)?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2007, 12:22:00 pm »
 I must meet you & purchase a drink.
you do realize that he's in SF, right?  

Very true. You're impressed by Silversun Pickups, and they don't seem like very much.  :)
<sig>

nkotb

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2007, 12:23:00 pm »
What's the over/under on them playing "Starla"?  I noticed it was at a majority of the Asheville shows.  Think we'll luck out tonight?

TheDirector217

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2007, 12:27:00 pm »
Yeah. I am aware of that after the whole said-concert-of-legendary-group-in-Oakland-he-went-to-that-doesn't-exist fiasco.

Originally posted by sweetcell:

I must meet you & purchase a drink.
you do realize that he's in SF, right?  

Very true. You're impressed by Silversun Pickups, and they don't seem like very much.    :)  
It's good to see that fatherhood has not dulled the double-edged sword that is Rhett's acerbic wit.    ;)

bnyced0

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2007, 12:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by Darth Ed:
  So we all expect the Pumpkins to play for three hours, right? That would put the end of the show at around 12:30am. I usually take the Metro (last train to Greenbelt at 12:21), but I don't want to miss the end of the show. I don't suppose anyone here is driving back to College Park or Greenbelt after the show and would be willing to give me a ride (if the show runs past 12:17am)?
I'm going back to Baltimore, so yeh I can drop you off at the metro station in greenbelt if necessary.

Mobius

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2007, 12:30:00 pm »
  What's the over/under on them playing "Starla"?  I noticed it was at a majority of the Asheville shows.  Think we'll luck out tonight?
Really? I'd guess they're bringing the big guns tonight, it being a 'record-release party' and all . . . so I'd say over and would be happy to be right.

tinygee

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2007, 12:53:00 pm »
here are my hopeless hopes of what they'll play, a wishlist of sorts (in no order whatsoever):
 here is no why
 cherry
 rotten apples (the original way, not like recently)
 starla
 hummer
 sweet sweet
 luna
 galapogos
 in the arms of sleep
 to forgive
 vanity
 real love
 on and on and on and on.........i cant fucking wait for the show

walkonby

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2007, 01:12:00 pm »
what songs do you hope they don't bring along?

will they be "cheesy, but appropriate" and open with today?

distance

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2007, 01:15:00 pm »
they'd better never even think of playing 'rock on' ever again.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2007, 01:23:00 pm »
Opening with "Cherub Rock" would send the place into a frenzy!

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3