Author Topic: Billy Corgan on 6/24  (Read 17337 times)

SPARX

  • Member
  • Posts: 2070
Re: Billy Corgan on 6/24
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2005, 09:45:00 pm »
I must say I'm underwhelmed by the new solo release.I was expecting much more from Billy  :confused:

distance

  • Member
  • Posts: 1236
Re: Billy Corgan on 6/24
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2005, 10:51:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Julian, faux celeb-porn CONNOISSEUR:
  It sold out in case anyone missed it.
i'm disappointed.

ZwanzofNever

  • Member
  • Posts: 26
Re: Billy Corgan on 6/24
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2005, 12:38:00 am »
the album wont be released till june 21, how can you be underwhelmed? the first single (walking shade) is pretty damn good, very new-age feel.

SPARX

  • Member
  • Posts: 2070
Re: Billy Corgan on 6/24
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2005, 12:59:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by ZwanzofNever:
  the album wont be released till june 21, how can you be underwhelmed? the first single (walking shade) is pretty damn good, very new-age feel.
I've managed to hear a promo copy.If your a fan you won't be bummed or anything. I was hoping for more Jimmy C though,he"s the backbone when they're at their finest IMHO.He sold out though so i'm sure he'll bring his best game.

distance

  • Member
  • Posts: 1236
Re: Billy Corgan on 6/24
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2005, 01:22:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by ZwanzofNever:
  the album wont be released till june 21, how can you be underwhelmed? the first single (walking shade) is pretty damn good, very new-age feel.
how can you be underwhelmed? how can you have any expectations for his crap after killing SP?

Lively One

  • Guest
Re: Billy Corgan on 6/24
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2005, 02:50:00 am »
Quote
how can you be underwhelmed? how can you have any expectations for his crap after killing SP?  
Hah!  Yes, Billy Corgan killed his band.  You are so
 schooled on that subject, aren't you?  List some facts before making prejudicial accusations.  Otherwise, don't make foolish comments.  Who died and made you the expert on the demise of the Smashing Pumpkins?  Prove your credibility please.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

  • Member
  • Posts: 5970
  • JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Billy Corgan on 6/24
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2005, 04:48:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Lively One:
  Prove your credibility please.
When he shows his Master's Degree in Breaking Up Of The Smashing Pumpkins, boy, are you going to feel foolish.

Lively One

  • Guest
Re: Billy Corgan on 6/24
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2005, 12:39:00 am »
Quote
When he shows his Master's Degree in Breaking Up Of The Smashing Pumpkins, boy, are you going to feel foolish.
So your bassist becomes obsessed with plastic surgery and cocaine and your second-hand guitar man is never really into the music, just money, models and silly fashion statements. What then praytell, do you have left?  D'arcy flaked out--admit it.  James just wants to be a part of something semi-famous that hands him a decent paycheck so he can still purchase his designer dungarees and schmooze with New York's finest ditsy cokeheads, (see: A Perfect Circle).  Yep, you are right. That Master's Degree theory is seemingly plausible.  Funny though...

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

  • Member
  • Posts: 5970
  • JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Billy Corgan on 6/24
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2005, 08:23:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by Lively One:
   
Quote
When he shows his Master's Degree in Breaking Up Of The Smashing Pumpkins, boy, are you going to feel foolish.
So your bassist becomes obsessed with plastic surgery and cocaine and your second-hand guitar man is never really into the music, just money, models and silly fashion statements. What then praytell, do you have left?  D'arcy flaked out--admit it.  James just wants to be a part of something semi-famous that hands him a decent paycheck so he can still purchase his designer dungarees and schmooze with New York's finest ditsy cokeheads, (see: A Perfect Circle).  Yep, you are right. That Master's Degree theory is seemingly plausible.  Funny though... [/b]
Way to take a joke.   ;)

Mobius

  • Member
  • Posts: 1132
Re: Billy Corgan on 6/24
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2005, 12:45:00 am »
Masters degree in killling the SP?  If he were a bullfighter, he'd have been chased out of town.  The death of the SP was a slow painful sloppy experience.  They had such an aura of greatness from 91 to 93 the memory of which was badly tarnished by their later years.
 
 Has anyone ever figured out how the guy who was so cool and mysterious and brilliant, in the gish era in particular, became such a raging twat?  I mean, seriously?  That said, I'm going to check out the show.  Maybe some magic is back.

HoyaSaxa03

  • Member
  • Posts: 7037
Re: Billy Corgan on 6/24
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2005, 12:50:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by Mobius:
 Has anyone ever figured out how the guy who was so cool and mysterious and brilliant, in the gish era in particular, became such a raging twat?  
i'll take a shot in the dark:
 
 money? fame?
(o|o)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

  • Member
  • Posts: 5970
  • JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Billy Corgan on 6/24
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2005, 08:30:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by Mobius:
    That said, I'm going to check out the show.  Maybe some magic is back.
If you like Gish-era Pumpkins, I'd maintain you may be pleasantly suprised by this tour/album since the tracks that've leaked sound very much like Adore (read: techno/synths) meets Gish (read: the new-wave sound of the 1989-1991 recordings).

SPARX

  • Member
  • Posts: 2070
Re: Billy Corgan on 6/24
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2005, 03:15:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Julian, faux celeb-porn CONNOISSEUR:
   
Quote
Originally posted by Mobius:
    That said, I'm going to check out the show.  Maybe some magic is back.
If you like Gish-era Pumpkins, I'd maintain you may be pleasantly suprised by this tour/album since the tracks that've leaked sound very much like Adore (read: techno/synths) meets Gish (read: the new-wave sound of the 1989-1991 recordings). [/b]
I don't know what you've been smoking but the new one is a FAR cry from anything resembling Gish!

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

  • Member
  • Posts: 5970
  • JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Billy Corgan on 6/24
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2005, 03:30:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by SPARX:
  I don't know what you've been smoking but the new one is a FAR cry from anything resembling Gish!
Not Gish itself, but if you're familiar with the new-wave sound alot of the 1989-1991 material had, there's alot of that on the new material.

SPARX

  • Member
  • Posts: 2070
Re: Billy Corgan on 6/24
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2005, 04:34:00 pm »
The man had arguably one of the best drummers going and the new one sounds like a drum machine more often than not.Shame on Billy!