Author Topic: SP Surprise  (Read 1362 times)

skevin007

SP Surprise
« on: July 11, 2007, 02:02:00 am »
So the "surprise" was a bit odd but fun nonetheless. Event staff portioned off the front of the building for the first 200 people where we were given mini zeitgeist flags, wristbands, and T-shirts. They then asked the first 6 people in line to separate from the group. Here is where it got a bit weird.

the 194 people were given sticks of wood made to look like protest signs that said "We love SP" on one side, and the album cover on the other side.

the 6 people (myself included) were given SP protest signs that said "down with SP" and "SP Sucks" etc...

At this point we were told to mock a protest. A few minutes later during our "Protest" Corgan and his crew pull up in two classic cars and get out in the middle of it all. They shook hands with a few fans and then headed in the building.

The most funny part of it all was all of the bystanders that had accumulated and thought it was a real protest.

Yea so, like I said. Kinda weird. Billy Corgan I suppose...

skevin007

Re: SP Surprise
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 02:04:00 am »
Sorry for being a bit jumbled. The show was surreal and amazing for me. Thats all I can say now....too tired. I'm sure others will review in depth.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 07:42:00 am »
Originally posted by Kevin Craig:
  the 6 people (myself included) were given SP protest signs that said "down with SP" and "SP Sucks" etc...

That sounds like the only fun part of the evening.  I could have come up with a lot better signs than those.

Brian

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 12:15:00 pm »
hey brian, congrats on figuring out how to spell your name!
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 12:17:00 pm »
ooh, what a surprise, a big marketing campaign followed by a rock star entrance to the club...never would've expected it from Corgan

and i thought Thom Yorke was bad!

Vas Deferens

(_|_)

RustyOrgan

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 12:22:00 pm »
Those free shirts and posters were pretty crappy, but they WERE free and the first 200 or so had a very good chance of seeing Corgan up close. Not so bad!