Author Topic: The Birchmere - Q's  (Read 6235 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: The Birchmere - Q's
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2006, 08:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by El Sugartastic:

Originally posted by Chaz, Lover of all Beings:
  www.mapquest.com

C'mon people...this isn't rocket science.
I've seen stranger questions answered here in a friendly manner.   :(

Crunchbird

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006, 09:28:00 pm »
i also need to find out how the hell both shows can proceed, simultaneously
The Birchmere includes two different performances spaces.  Their main space has a fairly large stage along one of the long walls, and the audience all sit at tables separated from the stage by a decent distance.  Probably holds a few hundred people.  The other space, "the Bandstand" is straight ahead when you enter the Birchmere doors.  The room feels larger, but due to the layout the actual "floor" in front of the stage is much smaller.  As mentioned above, people always fill the floor at Bandstand shows, so if you're sitting at one of the perimeter tables you won't be able to see much of anything once the performance starts.

All that said, I don't think I've ever been to the Birchmere when there were performances going on in both spaces simultaneously.  It could still be some sort of glitch in the listings . . .

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006, 12:29:00 am »
Originally posted by Crunchbird:

i also need to find out how the hell both shows can proceed, simultaneously
The Birchmere includes two different performances spaces.  Their main space has a fairly large stage along one of the long walls, and the audience all sit at tables separated from the stage by a decent distance.  Probably holds a few hundred people.  The other space, "the Bandstand" is straight ahead when you enter the Birchmere doors.  The room feels larger, but due to the layout the actual "floor" in front of the stage is much smaller.  As mentioned above, people always fill the floor at Bandstand shows, so if you're sitting at one of the perimeter tables you won't be able to see much of anything once the performance starts.

All that said, I don't think I've ever been to the Birchmere when there were performances going on in both spaces simultaneously.  It could still be some sort of glitch in the listings . . . [/b]
No, no.  I meant...the Elected are playing at 9:30, but 90% of the Elected are playing as well in Jenny Lewis's backup band...

Crunchbird

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2006, 10:42:00 pm »
Birchmere shows start early.  The Jenny Lewis show has a 6:00 door and a 7:30 start time.  Shows at the 9:30 club start later, and 9:30 may well be the time the doors open.

One night I saw Lhasa play at the Birchmere, then bolted across town to catch My Morning Jacket at the 9:30, and I didn't miss any of either show.  Of course, MMJ was the headliner and The Elected are openers, but I'm guessing that even if they end up cutting it close they'll make it there in time.  Either that, or Jenny has made other arrangements for the night/tour.

lily1

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2006, 02:41:00 am »
birchmere shows start on time. doors are almost always 6pm for seated shows, with first act right at 7.30pm, ocassionally 8pm. there is a rare bandstand show that doesn't start until 10pm, but definitely rare.

stay away from most of the food. the chicken tenders are safe though.