Author Topic: What type of scenester are you?  (Read 8006 times)

sonickteam2

Re: What type of scenester are you?
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2003, 05:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bagster:

Hey, y'all can think and say whatever you want.  I should take it as a compliment, actually.  Still, I agree with Sonick.  I find y'all, but especially Celeste, needlessly incendiary. [/QB]
Rhett at least has some (strange as they may be) interesting comments on music and such. I am not sure why Celeste is on the board.

i am sure she feels the same way about me, though.

Bags

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2003, 05:24:00 pm »
Hey, I bought Pernice Bros. after the 117th rant by Rhett, and I love them.  No question, he's got worthwhile input.  I'd never take that away from him.

Plus, I think it's pretty hysterical when he defends Wilco for the 149th time.

Celeste

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2003, 05:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

Hey, y'all can think and say whatever you want.  I should take it as a compliment, actually.  Still, I agree with Sonick.  I find y'all, but especially Celeste, needlessly incendiary. [/b]
Rhett at least has some (strange as they may be) interesting comments on music and such. I am not sure why Celeste is on the board.

i am sure she feels the same way about me, though. [/QB]
I comment about music...maybe not the music most of the people here like to talk about...and everyone else talks plenty about non-music topics too...I suppose I'm on this board for the same reasons many others are...I'm bored at work and have spurts where I am not motivated...blah blah blah...

Bags, you've just got some issues...you oughta be a preschool teacher or something.

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2003, 05:47:00 pm »
If constructive criticism about music were the only criteria for being on this board, would Mankie be here? Would Dupek? I imagine both of them would leave if the onlt talk was about present day music, and their was not talk about sports, cars, girls and whatever stuff it is that Dupek likes. This board is more than just a music board, and that's what makes it interesting. If I want to talk about music, I go usually go to the Fulks board, where my musical brothers and sisters reside.

Hey, y'all can think and say whatever you want.  I should take it as a compliment, actually.  Still, I agree with Sonick.  I find y'all, but especially Celeste, needlessly incendiary. [/b]

i am sure she feels the same way about me, though. [/QB]

Venerable Bede

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2003, 05:57:00 pm »
hey rhett, are you gonna go to iris dement at birchmere?  i wanted to a few years ago, but it sold out before i could get tickets.  tickets are $25 each, so, i'm gonna have to do a lot of double shifts, cause my back catalog of worth magazine is, ironically, worth-less.   :)
OU812

Bags

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2003, 06:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by Celeste:
 Bags, you've just got some issues...you oughta be a preschool teacher or something. [/QB]
:)  I am so confident that you are virtually alone in your assessment that I find you amusing.  Outside of you, I don't remember ever being flamed.  Go for it, it's how you have fun obviously.

And Rhett, I don't know why Dupek is here, to tell the truth.  Sure it's about more than music, but it is the premise of the board, so a thought or two here or there make sense to me.

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2003, 07:35:00 pm »
 ...I don't know why Dupek is here, to tell the truth.
Other than 'having no life', it's because I am waiting for someone to make me a FANTA Shokata mini movie.

Celeste

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2003, 09:08:00 pm »
I was thinking...I am sorry I made that comment before, Bagster, and other comments, that maybe weren't so loving, at different times on the 930 board. I'm going to try and be more careful about things I say.

There are a few people that I've met in person who I miss sometimes.

It's easy to be evil, maybe it will be more of a fun challenge to be nice or say enlightened things instead of sinking to the lowest common denominator...

sonickteam2

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2003, 09:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
 I imagine both of them would leave if the onlt talk was about present day music, and their was not talk about sports, cars, girls and whatever stuff it is that Dupek likes.
Rhett wins the funniest person award for the day for sure.  What the hell IS IT that Dupek likes? who the hell is he??? what is he? where does he come from?  dupek is a mystery to me and sometimes i wonder if dupek is even human.

has anyone met him?

all that said, i do love him  :)

and i am starting to be fond of rhett and his sometimes grumpy old mandom.

poorlulu

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2003, 09:39:00 pm »

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
 I imagine both of them would leave if the onlt talk was about present day music, and their was not talk about sports, cars, girls and whatever stuff it is that Dupek likes.
Rhett wins the funniest person award for the day for sure.  What the hell IS IT that Dupek likes? who the hell is he??? what is he? where does he come from?  dupek is a mystery to me and sometimes i wonder if dupek is even human.

has anyone met him?

all that said, i do love him   :)  

and i am starting to be fond of rhett and his sometimes grumpy old mandom. [/b]
hey sonick look.............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3057222488&category=50600

just don't be so easily distracted again............

oh and never question the master..............he doesn't like questions  ;)

ChampionshipVinyl

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2003, 10:14:00 pm »
you are a pretentious indie asshole. you piss off everybody but other pretentious indie assholes. you suck extremely hard and only listen to stuff on pitchfork media. fuck you

Nice to feel good about oneself.

And I agree with the earlier comment about the Pernice Brothers.  I am lovin' that record.  Can't wait to see the show at the Ottobar in Dec.

The Black Nerd

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2003, 10:23:00 pm »
It said that I am a nerd...go figure.

evilizac

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2003, 12:28:00 am »
"you are either a record nerd or not a scenester at all. you are the coolest of the bunch. bravo, dude."

wow I am so touched yet so alone.
 Fun fun fun.
 humbug... if only
WHAT?

evilizac

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2003, 12:57:00 am »
but it's also too bad that I find thos eindie chicks so damn fine.
 Oh my nerdly life.
WHAT?

thenotebookgirl

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2003, 01:49:00 am »
That's OK. I love shaggy-haired indie-boys with messenger bags, buttons, small t-shirts and carefully beaten-up Chuck Taylors.

Anyone know where I can find some?