Author Topic: The Brown Bunny  (Read 6741 times)

bearman🐻

Re: The Brown Bunny
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2004, 04:30:00 pm »
When she was dating Albini, my mom (who lived across the street from him) got to meet Polly. She was in town doing a show at the Vic Theater. She got me an autograph, which I just think is the coolest. My mom rocks!

Sailor Ripley

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2004, 05:00:00 pm »
Both Harvey and Gallo deny they've been anything but friends.

Dandy01

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2004, 05:27:00 pm »
That's funny, I've been discussing this with friends all week, but just saw this thread.  I'm so going to see it.  It'll be opening at Visions tomorrow.  

A review:
 http://www.suntimes.com/output/ebert1/wkp-news-bunny03f.html

I like weirdos like VG.

Lazer Guided Melodies

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2004, 08:57:00 pm »
I saw the Brown Bunny early last month and Vincent Gallo was there to talk about the film.  So, despite all the hoopla over the Cannes reaction and the infamous last 10 minutes I really enjoyed the film.  Yeah, the last scene is quite graphic but it makes the whole rest of the non-narrative film make sense. A man dealing with intense lonlieness after the loss of a true love. Vincent Gallo was hillarious. I guess he just rented a car, put the movie in a trunk, and was stopping in cities as he drove across the country to show the film. He didn't have any clothes with him so the host of the evening dropped him off on Colfax in Denver to go to a thrift store, gave him directions to the theater, and he said he would be back after the film. He talked for two hours afterwards about everything from the curse he put on Roger Ebert's prostate, the first time he met Chloe Sevigny when she was only 16, making out with his girlfriend in some theater in Manhatten when he turned and saw this beautiful creature on the screen(Christina Ricci in Adams Family 2), and Christina Ricci getting drunk and peeing in the middle of resteraunt during the filming of Buffalo '66. I guess Jennifer Jason Leigh agreed to do the film and everything in it, and he actually met with Demi Moore to do it as well.  He really used silence for dramatic effect in the film so that when a song was used it was that much more effective.  Milk and Honey by Jackson C. Frank was just gorgeous.  I think even Nick Drake covered that song.  Here is the trailer featuring the song:  http://www.galloappreciation.com/brownbunny/BrownBunny.wmv

Jaguär

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2004, 12:36:00 am »
Originally posted by The O' Rotten Factor:

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Anybody planning on seeing this one?

I hear PJ Harvey's boyfriend Vincent Gallo is pretty well hung...
Is P.J really doing that dirtbag Gallo? My opinion of her just nosedived if that's the case..... [/b]
My thoughts exactly.

A friend of mine lives next door to her. I'll have to ask him to do a little neighborly Neighborhood Block Watching for me.    :D      ;)   Or would that be bloke watching?    :p

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2004, 10:35:00 am »
Any guesses whether this film will show for more than a week?

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2004, 12:11:00 pm »
We saw this movie yesterday.

Chloe Sevigny really sucked in this movie.

Celeste

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2004, 09:31:00 am »
So, has anyone else seen it yet?

I thought it had its merits...

lily1

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2004, 09:41:00 am »
she sucks as an actress, yes she's celebrated as this muse. you see her all over the fashion magazines as a fashionista too. i think she's ugly and she dresses badly.

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2004, 09:43:00 am »
She apparently has a big mouth as well.

Originally posted by lily1:

she sucks as an actress, yes she's celebrated as this muse. you see her all over the fashion magazines as a fashionista too. i think she's ugly and she dresses badly. [/b]

Celeste

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2004, 10:04:00 am »
I guess I'm not gonna get an intelligent discussion about the movie here...

ggw

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2004, 10:07:00 am »
Nor at home, apparently.

Originally posted by Celeste:
  I guess I'm not gonna get an intelligent discussion about the movie here...

Celeste

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2004, 10:33:00 am »
We've already had that discussion...I'm looking for *other* opinions...I guess I'm curious to know how other people who've seen the movie interpret it.