Author Topic: is layne staley still dead?  (Read 6828 times)

Samantha

Re: is layne staley still dead?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2003, 05:58:00 pm »
Evan Dando's hair is sad & desperate, that's enough

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2003, 07:14:00 pm »
Lyle Lovett tickets go for anywheres up to 75 bucks, depending on where he is playing. And he typically plays large venues like Wolftrap. Thus, he is not sad and desperate. Neither are those who can afford his show, and neither are those of us who were smart enough to see him at Borders a few years ago.

Like I'm sure you've listened to a lot of his music....hmmm, maybe his music is good for a car ride or two...

poorlulu

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2003, 08:21:00 pm »
Sure. I am sure Pyle Lovless is really talented........

I don't go for fancy cars
 For diamond rings
 Or movie stars
 I go for penguins
 Oh Lord I go for penguins

Throw your money out the door
 We'll just sit around
 And watch it snow
 I go for penguins
 Oh Lord I go for penguins

Penguins are so sensitive
 To my needs

To my needs
 To my needs
 To my needs
 To my needs

To my needs
 To my needs
 To my needs

To my needs
 To my needs
 To my needs
 To my needs
 To my needs

To my needs
 To my needs

Those lyrics are sooo deep. I can just imagine you getting your better half to wear a penguin suit and waddle about so you can sing it to her.

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2003, 08:32:00 pm »
My wife in a penguin suit...hmmm, now there's something we haven't tried yet. I'm liking that idea already...well she is very sensitive...

Bags

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2003, 11:44:00 pm »
Lyle is brilliant.  That dry nonsense is so enjoyable.  He mixes songs that are fun, crazy, sensitive, important, silly and heartfelt.  And they're all beautifully executed.  A Lyle Lovett concert is truly a thrill.

No sharp objects to the head, just great appreciation for someone at the top of his particular field, even though it's not my normal field.

mankie

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2003, 12:26:00 pm »
I love penguins...I could have one with my coffee right now..yum yum!

Hope you didn't mind me posting smackie...I thought it would be okay seeing as others have now.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2003, 02:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

Hope you didn't mind me posting smackie...I thought it would be okay seeing as others have now.
where are you getting penguins these days.... the bastards at costco cut me off   :mad:
T.Rex

G.Love

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2003, 02:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  artists I have seen do instores:

Lyle Lovett
 Cracker
 Rhett Miller
 Evan Dando
 Keb Mo
 G Love and Special Sauce
 Alejandro Escovedo
 Whiskeytown

huh, huh, huh, huh, he said Special Sauce!!!

mankie

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2003, 02:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:

where are you getting penguins these days.... the bastards at costco cut me off    :mad:  [/b]
Some Superfresh stores have starting carrying English choccie etc....you have to read the wrapper to make sure it's not the shit made in Hershey PA in a Cadbury wrapper though.

Jaguär

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2003, 02:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:

where are you getting penguins these days.... the bastards at costco cut me off    :mad:  [/b]
Got a penguin on your back?

vansmack

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2003, 03:49:00 pm »
  Some Superfresh stores have starting carrying English choccie etc....you have to read the wrapper to make sure it's not the shit made in Hershey PA in a Cadbury wrapper though.
Smackette sniffed out an Irish market around the corner of our new place in SF.  They serve imported puddings, real bacon and porks, lucozade and of course hob knobs and other choccie goodies.  Bloody things are costing me a fortune.
27>34

Jaguär

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2003, 04:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Smackette sniffed out an Irish market around the corner of our new place in SF.  They serve imported puddings, real bacon and porks, lucozade and of course hob knobs and other choccie goodies.  Bloody things are costing me a fortune. [/b]
I have a Scottish pie place around the corner from me that sells stuff like that. Damned British store hours too! Don't know how they can afford to stay in business when most people don't have time to shop until after they close.

vansmack

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2003, 04:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
  I have a Scottish pie place around the corner from me that sells stuff like that. Damned British store hours too! Don't know how they can afford to stay in business when most people don't have time to shop until after they close.
At $1.50 to $2.00 for a candy bar, they don't have to sell much to stay in business.
27>34

poorlulu

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2003, 09:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  ]At $1.50 to $2.00 for a candy bar, they don't have to sell much to stay in business.
ooh but soooooooo worth it.............why is american chocolate so shite?

mankie

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2003, 10:34:00 am »
Originally posted by poorlulu:

ooh but soooooooo worth it.............why is american chocolate so shite? [/b]
I think I may know the answer to that....in Britain the choccie has to have a certain amount of cocoa in it to be chocolate, whereas in the US as long as it has "some cocoa" in it...it's chocolate. Therefore Brit choc has more cocoa and so more flavour....I'm sure Rhett, GGW or some other smart arse will correct me if I'm wrong, but I did hear that one time.