Author Topic: Pogues show...  (Read 33420 times)

Chained Bear

Re: Pogues show...
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2005, 09:37:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:
  The post above yours announcing the second show is direct from the official 9:30 Club weekly email newsletter, so it's correct.

9:30 Club tickets usually go on sale on Thursdays.  Big shows can go on sale anytime, as they're often a special sale.
Thanks Bags. Interestingly, everyone else seems to have received the 930 email before I did--I got it this morning, and saw this message posted last night around 5:30 p.m. local time. Hmmmm....

Anyway thanks.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2005, 10:16:00 am »
whats amusing about people not getting the 9:30 email blast, is I'm now getting three sent to various email addresses... one addy which i never got it at until recently, and the other sent to an old addy which was switched with another due to death by spam.
T.Rex

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2005, 11:05:00 am »
I don't feel bad for them at all.  Don't support scalpers then complain that you paid too much for a ticket.  Someone thinks the Pogues are worth $400.  They're going to see the Pogues for $400.  Had they been a little patient and waited a couple of days, they could be seeing The Pogues for a lot less.

Aftermarket ticket buying rule #1:  Never pay an outrageous amount of money for a ticket within hours of a show selling out.  There may be another show added, or the cost may drop a lot after the initial hype dies down.   It's not terribly uncommon to find people at the door practically giving tickets away for shows that sold out almost instantly.

And I'll bet it wouldn't have been too hard to pay someone half that price at the door for their tickets.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2005, 12:32:00 pm »
And like someone else pointed out, if you don't mind missing the opening song or two, you will most likely be able to get a ticket for LESS than face value when the scalper just wants shot of what's left.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2005, 12:37:00 pm »
i wonder if the thursday show will sell out?  it looks like the 2nd boston show hasn't sold out yet

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2005, 01:05:00 pm »
Dublin not sold out yet....nice pre-christmas trip for you lot. Hell! I'll even buy you a beer.

« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2005, 02:42:00 pm »
With such a late starting time on a school night, can I put in a vote for NO OPENING ACT? Of course, unless it's someone really good.

bez

« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2005, 03:00:00 pm »
I will be harangued for sure for even mentioning this, but it looks as if there is some sort of 'pre-sale' through pogues.com for 10am Thursday if you register.

Hmmm... wonder if this will actually work.

« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2005, 03:07:00 pm »
Not here to harangue...but the presale probabably only has a small percentage of available tickets.

Question for anyone who bought tickets in the first "presale"...were the service charges any less than the $6.25 per ticket+$3.25 per order service charges of tickets.com? Just wondering if there is any real advantage to bothering with the presale when it's probably easier to get tickets through the regular sale?

Originally posted by bez:
  I will be harangued for sure for even mentioning this, but it looks as if there is some sort of 'pre-sale' through pogues.com for 10am Thursday if you register.

Hmmm... wonder if this will actually work.

« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2005, 03:26:00 pm »
Boston Orpheum Theater capacity: 2800
 9:30 Club: 1200?

DC can draw from most of the Mid-Atlantic and all of the Southeast. Boston has to compete with NYC.

So I think it will defintitely sell out. Maybe not as fast as the first show, but maybe it will since everyone knows about it now.

Originally posted by Got Haggis?:
  i wonder if the thursday show will sell out?  it looks like the 2nd boston show hasn't sold out yet

bez

« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2005, 03:31:00 pm »
What is the 'official' capacity @ the 9:30? I always thought it to be ~900, give or take...

Someone call the DC Fire Marshal... and good luck with that.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2005, 03:33:00 pm »
What the hell is a pogue anyway?

ggw

« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2005, 03:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by Etan de Balzac, Footie Ball Player:
  Question for anyone who bought tickets in the first "presale"...were the service charges any less than the $6.25 per ticket+$3.25 per order service charges of tickets.com?

Yes.

Will-call only.

ggw

« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2005, 03:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by Chaz, Lover of all Beings:
  What the hell is a pogue anyway?
The Pogues were founded in King's Cross, a district in north London, in 1982 as Pogue Mahone â?? "pogue mahone" being the Anglicisation of the Irish póg mo thóin, meaning "kiss my arse."

wptandy

« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2005, 03:44:00 pm »
Does anyone know if Shane ever got the new set of choppers that was reported some time back?