Author Topic: Pogues show...  (Read 33423 times)

EricV

Re: Pogues show...
« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2005, 01:24:00 pm »
Flogging Molley is a good show. Pogues are very different. And if you don't know that, you probably just don't get it.... and yes, you probably do SUCK! hehehe

Thanks for the show on the 9th Seth. I guess lot of Pogues fanatics here are in your debt. And thanks to the band as well. I'm sure it will be a great show. One question though: doors open at 10:00, or does the band come on at 10:00?

bez

« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2005, 01:29:00 pm »
Sweet. Just scored 4 tickets (Two purchases of two) at 12:27PM.

Obviously, they ain't sold out.

Thanks, Seth.

xcanuck

« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2005, 02:06:00 pm »
Ditto - just picked up two for Thurs night at 1:00pm.

We're also going for the early show (Metric). Back to back shows at the 930 on my birthday. Niiiice. Now if only my liver will forgive me.

« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2005, 02:14:00 pm »
Pogues, Flogging Molly. Same difference. Punch of pasty drunken Irishkis singing and dancing around doing a jig.

Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:

Originally posted by Etan de Balzac, Footie Ball Player:
  Or just buy Flogging Molly tickets. Only $20. Same show, basically.
Same show as what???? [/b]

« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2005, 02:16:00 pm »
And your nonexistent bank account...

Originally posted by xcanuck:
  Ditto - just picked up two for Thurs night at 1:00pm.

We're also going for the early show (Metric). Back to back shows at the 930 on my birthday. Niiiice. Now if only my liver will forgive me.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #155 on: December 15, 2005, 02:24:00 pm »
it's a good thing that the people over on the pogues board are boasting about how many tickets they got for this show, because we can send everyone complaining about not getting tickets over there to bitch about it....
T.Rex

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #156 on: December 15, 2005, 02:33:00 pm »
Still tickets available at 1:33.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #157 on: December 15, 2005, 02:37:00 pm »
uh, correct me if i'm wrong, but tickets for the first show were listed not to go on sale until last saturday on the offical pogues site.  their information was either wrong, or the 930 started selling tickets early - by the time the public sale was supposed to happen, all the tickets were sold out due to tickets.com/930 selling them early.  so really, you could say that the first show is for members of this forum...i see no harm done that the password was posted on the offical pogues forums. besides its not like you can really scalp them anyway.

although doesnt really matter to me anyway since i got tickets to the friday show hehe

it took hours (not minutes) for the first show to sell out.  tickets went on sale at 10am...i bought tickets around 4:30pm.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2005, 02:45:00 pm »
my point of view on this issue is that this presale appeared to be a perk for being a member of this forum.  the minute the link was posted elsewhere it dimishes the value of that perk.  my concern was that forum members were going to get locked out of getting tickets because of others were gaining access to presale, which now doesn't appear to have happen.  regardless all future complainers should take up their beefs elsewhere....
T.Rex

« Reply #159 on: December 15, 2005, 02:45:00 pm »
Yes, but you got tickets through the regular sale.

This is a presale for which you are paying for the privilege of standing in the will call line.

You probably have already received your tickets, and won't be allowed to stand in the will call line.

Originally posted by Got Haggis?:
  uh, correct me if i'm wrong, but tickets for the first show were listed not to go on sale until last saturday on the offical pogues site.  their information was either wrong, or the 930 started selling tickets early - by the time the public sale was supposed to happen, all the tickets were sold out due to tickets.com/930 selling them early.  so really, you could say that the first show is for members of this forum...i see no harm done that the password was posted on the offical pogues forums. besides its not like you can really scalp them anyway.

although doesnt really matter to me anyway since i got tickets to the friday show hehe

it took hours (not minutes) for the first show to sell out.  tickets went on sale at 10am...i bought tickets around 4:30pm.

Bags

« Reply #160 on: December 15, 2005, 02:46:00 pm »
  Can someone remind me what the advantage is to WILL CALL?

Advantage -- tickets don't get lost in the mail, you don't misplace them.

I've never waited on Will Call line longer than a few people.  Of course, I don't get there early to get right inside when the doors open.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #161 on: December 15, 2005, 02:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  my point of view on this issue is that this presale appeared to be a perk for being a member of this forum.  the minute the link was posted elsewhere it dimishes the value of that perk.  my concern was that forum members were going to get locked out of getting tickets because of others were gaining access to presale, which now doesn't appear to have happen.  regardless all future complainers should take up their beefs elsewhere....
yeah, point taken.

Bags

« Reply #162 on: December 15, 2005, 02:49:00 pm »
  Why not provide a free drink ticket to those willing to stand for 30 or whatever minutes in the cold waiting to pick up their will call tickets?
I don't know how you would wait in line for 30 minutes without TRYING to get there at the most popular time to stand in line.  If you're waiting that long, you planned it that way.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #163 on: December 15, 2005, 02:50:00 pm »
   And I question what convenience will call provides.
the convenience of being able to buy tickets in advance of the show, regardless of shipping time.  if all tickets had to be mailed, advance sales online or on the phone would have to be cut off at some point in order to ensure adequate shipping time.  with will call, you can order tickets whenever you want, and know for sure that they will be waiting for you at the box office.  

the only shows with crazy will call lines are the ones that sell a lot of tickets late, or are will call only in order to prevent scalping.

Bags

« Reply #164 on: December 15, 2005, 02:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by EricV:
 One question though: doors open at 10:00, or does the band come on at 10:00?
I'm 95% sure that the doors will be at 10:00.  There's another band scheduled for the club that night (though not announced on 9:30's website, but up on the band's website) -- it's pretty usual for 9:30 to hold two shows in one night, and 10:00 is the normal door time for the second show.  The earlier show will probably be doors at 6:00.