Author Topic: Pogues show...  (Read 32534 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Pogues show...
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2005, 03:33:00 pm »
It was also published in the listings at 930.com as Just Announced
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2005, 03:39:00 pm »
it's interesting to note that aren't any tickets for sale at either ebay or craigslist at the moment for the show... which would imply that it was mainly fans and not speculators snapping up those tickets right away.
T.Rex

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2005, 03:45:00 pm »
I think you could probably get more $$ if you waited until a few weeks prior to the show, rather than trying to sell them three months in advance.

Some people probably wouldn't want to commit to a show three months in advance.

Also, once the Jersey, Boston, and two remaining NYC shows sell out, people have less options, then driving the scalpers prices higher.

And finally, people tend to have more cash laying around in February than they do two weeks before Christmas.

Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  it's interesting to note that aren't any tickets for sale at either ebay or craigslist at the moment for the show... which would imply that it was mainly fans and not speculators snapping up those tickets right away.

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2005, 03:46:00 pm »
When? Yesterday?

Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  It was also published in the listings at 930.com as Just Announced

Got Haggis?

« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2005, 04:07:00 pm »
the main pogues site says tickets don't go on sale until saturday at 10am, but presale starts tonight at 5:30 through this website

http://tixx1.artistarena.com/pogues/

maybe you will still be able to get tickets through that?

Elliott

« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2005, 04:38:00 pm »
How were we supposed to know that tix were going on sale at 10 this morning.  I don't get this at all.

Barcelona

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2005, 05:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by Got Haggis?:
  the main pogues site says tickets don't go on sale until saturday at 10am, but presale starts tonight at 5:30 through this website

http://tixx1.artistarena.com/pogues/

maybe you will still be able to get tickets through that?
I'm going to try this option.

dfmcpete

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2005, 05:36:00 pm »
From the Pogues msg board moderator:

-------------
 The bad news: The tickets for the 9:30 club went on sale prematurely. That really was the public sale, and it really is sold out.

The good news: The Presale tickets will still go on sale this afternoon. When those are gone, they're all gone.

I am told that the promoters may be working to ease the ticket crunch too. Keep checking in.
 --------------

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2005, 05:57:00 pm »
Thanks for spreading the information and making it that much harder to get the minimal amount of tickets that are available through a presale!!!

Originally posted by dfmcpete:
  From the Pogues msg board moderator:

-------------
 The bad news: The tickets for the 9:30 club went on sale prematurely. That really was the public sale, and it really is sold out.

The good news: The Presale tickets will still go on sale this afternoon. When those are gone, they're all gone.

I am told that the promoters may be working to ease the ticket crunch too. Keep checking in.
 --------------

ggw

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2005, 05:58:00 pm »
Should I post the password?

Relaxer

« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2005, 06:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Should I post the password?
You should totally post it. He was planning on scalping some of the tickets so fuck'im.
oword

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2005, 06:16:00 pm »
The username is: pogues
 The password is: tickets

Not like it's some big secret. You get all of the info cy simply going through the 30 second registration.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2005, 06:17:00 pm »
where exactly does are the most pogues fans going to be looking for info on this show here or on the pogues forum... and i do believe a little karma is a play here.
T.Rex

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2005, 06:23:00 pm »
My wife would never give a Pogues show the same level of priority as a massage. Plus, she'd never pay $50 for a Pogues ticket.

And she's been nagging me to get a haircut for two weeks now. I couldn't take 11 more weeks of nagging.

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Originally posted by Etan de Balzac, Footie Ball Player:
  Any guesses on how much tickets will be on ebay/craigslist after the show sells out...if I'm too broke to get my tickets now?
If you had skipped a haircut and your wife had skipped a massage, you could have had enough for a pair of tickets. [/b]

Bala

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2005, 06:23:00 pm »
Try calling tickets.com directly.  ;)  
 (703) 218-6500