Author Topic: V-Fest Prediction / Wishlist  (Read 80066 times)

Staralfur25

Re: V-Fest Prediction / Wishlist
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2008, 03:31:00 am »
i just realized that portishead was not mentioned.  :)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2008, 09:24:00 am »
not quite time for the commentary on the virgin festival lineup thread....

but in my own little happy world, Seth would book the Deflowered Fest at Merriweather.. so that all of the Virgin Fest second stage bands playing Sun would  play at Merriweather on Sat and visa versa that way me and hopefully 5000 of my closest friends can enjoy some great music and lots of shade....
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2008, 09:36:00 am »
thats a trememdous idea!

it could be like Reading / Leeds festival.

Have two days, and have the bands switch venues, so that if you wanted Merriweather you could go there, if you wanted Pimlico, you could do that too.

oh neat!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2008, 11:20:00 am »
Originally posted by Julian, gay agenda ILLUMINATI:
  I really hope Underworld pops in Saturday. I have ALWAYS wanted to see them.

I think Muse, QOTSA, Vampire Weekend, Bloc Party, Metric, Feist, and Kings Of Leon are all also possibilities.
See, I was really hoping if Muse was anounced that they'd be one of the headliners... I think a mid day show from Muse would blow. Granted they are still MIND bending live, but a lot of it comes from their killer light show.

I second most of your choices. Queens would burn my soul and so would Kings and Vampire Weekend is constantly playing in my car and head.
‼‼?‼‼

saintangelsin

« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2008, 01:29:00 pm »
In terms of other bands or artists I still am hoping for maybe...

List of dream bands/artists that would be cool to see somwhere in the line up (in no order in particular): AC/DC, David Bowie, Prince (but wouldn't Prince, Bowie and AC/DC be headliners though?), Flight of the Conchords (that's right I said it), JAMC, Motorhead, Underworld (for the dance tent), Chemical Brothers (might as well say them for the dance tent too), The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (since they've been doing a few reunion gigs here and there), Madonna (she does have a new album coming out soon), Portishead, The Cult, Love and Rockets, ZZ Top, Dwight Yoakum, Willie Nelson and Blur.

Realistically what I would like to see (as in these bands seem more possible than not): Oasis, The Verve, Vampire Weekend, QOFSTA or EODM (Either way Josh is going to be there), Muse, MGMT, She Wants Revenge, Be Your Own Pet, Kate Nash, The Black Keys, The Raveonettes or The Kills, Cat Power, Hot Chip (dance tent), The Cool Kids or Lupe Fiasco (it makes sense with Kanye being there), Spank Rock, Mars Volta, Against Me!, The Dirtbombs, Beach House (considering that they are from Baltimore), Mudhoney, Datarock (dance tent), Diplo (dance tent as well), Flogging Molly, Carbon/Silicon, The Raconteurs, Mark Ronson (most likely dance tent), Danny Tenaglia (dance tent again), Sasha and Digweed (dance tent), Gogol Bordello, Girl Talk (He was so much fun last year in the dance tent), The Hold Steady, Rancid and The Breeders.

Honestly if I get a combination of any of the mentioned above (both lists), I think I'd be pretty happy. Hell, I might even go to both days if I can pull it off!

ps- I really hope that Metallica aren't being booked. That would be like the snafu back in 1996 with them on Lollapalooza. But if they are, I just hope to avoid them.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2008, 03:49:00 pm »
you got a couple of those right

Arthwys

« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2008, 04:14:00 pm »
Hmm, perhaps we should take this list with the knowledge that a few of these are def. there, and systematically figure out which ones we either know for sure can't be, or or very very probably not, and we'll get something figured out.
Emrys

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2008, 04:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by Arthwys:
  Hmm, perhaps we should take this list with the knowledge that a few of these are def. there, and systematically figure out which ones we either know for sure can't be, or or very very probably not, and we'll get something figured out.
"Couple" means two, technically. He listed like 40 bands. Seems like too much of an effort and there's no way we'd actually narrow it down sufficiently.

« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2008, 04:29:00 pm »
Thievery in the dance tent at the same time as Jack Johnson or Kanye's set would be PERFECT, btw.

nike4o1

« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2008, 05:17:00 pm »
I would just like to send out a mass "you are welcome" for getting you the lineup first...my PM box is full, so i understand if you don't show your gratitude...

as always...

sonickteam2

« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2008, 05:24:00 pm »
next time, get us out a better lineup!!!

jerk!!

(just kidding)

saintangelsin

« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2008, 05:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:
  you got a couple of those right
Really? That's awesome! Any chance of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds making an appearance? I forgot to add them to my list.

Originally posted by Arthwys:
We can start doing research. Granted, I'm a busy student so it'll be in my spare time with what little I got haha.

I have a feeling the best place to start are the bands listed under the second category which is the more reasonable band list. The first list I made was me thinking out of the box in terms of stuff that would make people say "Holy shit!" I always enjoy those sorts of surprises.

I think the best one Seth did in my opinion was the 2004 HFStival. I remember finding out that the Cure were headlining and I was like "OMG!" I called my sister and was like "We're going to see the Cure!" So even though the first category is unrealistic, don't rule anything out just yet except Portishead lol.

"Couple" means two, technically. He listed like 40 bands. Seems like too much of an effort and there's no way we'd actually narrow it down sufficiently.
Dude, I'm a Girl! www.myspace.com/saintangelsin

And I know my music. I'm a dj at WMUC. Not to mention, I've been doing music journalism since I was 15. Back in high school, I used to have running bets with my sisters about who was going to play the HFStival each year. I predicted 2001 and 2003 correctly, which was pretty sweet. My point being is that there might be like five or six bands right out of that list. For all we know, more might be being booked right now.

And yes there are ways to figure that sort of stuff out. It's called looking at tour dates and other music festivals. I based a lot of my list from a few sources. I considered which bands are playing festivals and where, who all in music is really hot right now on the CMJ 200 Chart (that's the only real place for most Alternative Rock these days), what new albums are out or coming out, and which bands are touring or are rumored to be touring, ect.

Bags

« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2008, 05:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by DeathFromAbove1979:
  Queens of the Stone Age are playing the Toronto V Fest.
OH how I would love them at the Baltimore show.  Same day as the Foos, you KNOW Grohl will come out and play with them...

« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2008, 05:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by saintangelsin:
  Dude, I'm a Girl!
Dude, I don't have time to keep up with these things. Until you do something to put yourself in the Julian circle, your on the outs, bro.

saintangelsin

« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2008, 05:54:00 pm »

Originally posted by saintangelsin:
  Dude, I'm a Girl!
Dude, I don't have time to keep up with these things. Until you do something to put yourself in the Julian circle, your on the outs, bro. [/b]
Okay so how does one join this circle? (I try to post on a regular basis on here!)