Author Topic: V-Fest Prediction / Wishlist  (Read 80059 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: V-Fest Prediction / Wishlist
« Reply #210 on: April 09, 2008, 11:34:00 am »
Originally posted by Erinaceous Sonickus:

Originally posted by wml7:
   Going to APW on Friday then Vfest for Sat and Sunday.
my plan exactly!  wonder how many other ppl are doing that, we should rent a bus! [/b]
I'm doing this too. If anyone seriously wants to car pool, I would definitely be interested.

lagas

« Reply #211 on: April 09, 2008, 11:36:00 am »
Originally posted by Julian, certified WEBLEBRITY:

my plan exactly!  wonder how many other ppl are doing that, we should rent a bus! [/b]
I'm doing this too. If anyone seriously wants to car pool, I would definitely be interested. [/b]
me too
zorra

wml7

« Reply #212 on: April 09, 2008, 11:39:00 am »
Yeah I'm driving into Baltimore early friday morning and taking an amtrak to Newark NJ.  It's like 150 bucks total.  I haven't bought it yet but should soon.  With gas prices going to be 10 bucks this summer haha, I think this is the best way.  Also I don't feel like driving to NY with that nut traffic.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #213 on: April 09, 2008, 11:55:00 am »
i'm doing friday + sat at APW, and am seriously considering sunday at VFest.

taking amtrak up to APW is a great idea.  from newark railway station, they claim to have a direct shuttle/rail to LSP.  alternately, it's a short walk from the PATH train.  question is, how will you get home?  last train back to bmore/dc isn't that late, would require missing some of the radiohead set.  you'd need a hotel, or a ride back.

single-day ticket for friday are still available, but i wouldn't wait too long before buying them.  saturday single-days sold out the day the went on sale.
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #214 on: April 09, 2008, 12:01:00 pm »
I'm going home that same night or morning really.  I'll have to rough it out at the train station I think the first train to leave is like 320 am.  I figure the concert will be over at 11 or because thats what everyone is saying.  Maybe if I have time get some food to eat after concert then head back to train station and wait in agony.  Thats my plan

wml7

« Reply #215 on: April 09, 2008, 12:03:00 pm »
And by meaning heading back home I mean back to my car haha.  Because I'll be coming from Charlottesville, VA and my car will be at the Baltimore train station.  From there I'll head to vfest or maybe get a hotel room haven't decided yet.

sonickteam2

« Reply #216 on: April 09, 2008, 12:05:00 pm »

I'm doing this too. If anyone seriously wants to car pool, I would definitely be interested. [/b]
well, i am in baltimore and seriously like 3 blocks off of 95 so i couldnt be more on the way.  

i am waiting to hear on a new job this week and if that pans out we could probably rent a van with like 7 ppl and it would probably be less than 50 a person.  oh how green of us.

« Reply #217 on: April 09, 2008, 12:13:00 pm »
  i am waiting to hear on a new job this week and if that pans out we could probably rent a van with like 7 ppl and it would probably be less than 50 a person.  oh how green of us.
Keep me in the loop on this, if you're willing to include me in your group.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #218 on: April 09, 2008, 12:14:00 pm »
Someone HAS TO FILM THIS!  Message board indie dorks in a madcap road trip to go to two festivals in one weekend?  Classic!  Oh, the self-referential dialogue!  Oh, the pointless discussions of coffee and TV shows you watched when you were 10!  Oh, the sudden, awkward political rants!  And the sexual tension?  OFF THE CHARTS!!!  It's like the movie "Fanboys."  You should call yours "Hipsters."  You can even get Miss P to play the Kristen Bell part!

Brian

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #219 on: April 09, 2008, 12:15:00 pm »
thom would be very proud of you, sonick  :)

And by meaning heading back home I mean back to my car haha.  Because I'll be coming from Charlottesville, VA and my car will be at the Baltimore train station.  From there I'll head to vfest or maybe get a hotel room haven't decided yet.
personally, i'd get a hotel room in jersey and get a full & proper night's sleep.  the alternative is waiting 2-3 hours in a train station, then 1.5 hours sleep on the train, then a subsequent 4-5 in a hotel in b'more.
<sig>

« Reply #220 on: April 09, 2008, 12:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:
  It's like the movie "Fanboys."
I've never heard of this movie. Is it a black-and-white documentary about last year's No Fun Fest?

wml7

« Reply #221 on: April 09, 2008, 12:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  thom would be very proud of you, sonick   :)  

personally, i'd get a hotel room in jersey and get a full & proper night's sleep.  the alternative is waiting 2-3 hours in a train station, then 1.5 hours sleep on the train, then a subsequent 4-5 in a hotel
 in b'more. [/b]
Yeah, I'm being a cheapo and don't feel like looking into hotel prices and what not.  I think this will be my plan unless something changes.

sonickteam2

« Reply #222 on: April 09, 2008, 01:12:00 pm »

Keep me in the loop on this, if you're willing to include me in your group. [/b]
i shall.  should we stop by and pick up brian wallace?

« Reply #223 on: April 09, 2008, 01:43:00 pm »
 i shall.  should we stop by and pick up brian wallace?
He has to get his own APW ticket, but I'll pay his share of the bus fee. Confirming he's real would be worth the extra $50.

wml7

« Reply #224 on: April 09, 2008, 03:29:00 pm »
Pick me up too and what the hell Prince was added to Coachella?????  Hey Seth what you got planned??????