Author Topic: V-Fest Prediction / Wishlist  (Read 78778 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: V-Fest Prediction / Wishlist
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2008, 10:46:00 am »
Originally posted by miss pretentious:
 Offspring
the offspring are one of the few bands i have left on my "need to see" list (jamiroquai being another biggie).  would love to have dexter & co at vfest - on sunday, please.
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2008, 11:01:00 am »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

Offspring
the offspring are one of the few bands i have left on my "need to see" list (jamiroquai being another biggie).  would love to have dexter & co at vfest - on sunday, please. [/b]
lets not and say we did.

ggw

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2008, 11:09:00 am »
Is this some of that "humour" you learned from Kids in the Hall?

the offspring are one of the few bands i have left on my "need to see" list (jamiroquai being another biggie).  would love to have dexter & co at vfest - on sunday, please.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2008, 11:25:00 am »

Offspring
the offspring are one of the few bands i have left on my "need to see" list (jamiroquai being another biggie).  would love to have dexter & co at vfest - on sunday, please. [/b]
Good God, are you serious?  The two bands you "need to see" more than any others are Offspring and Jamiroquai!?!??!?!?  Are you clincally retarded?  What would the third band be?  Sum 41?  Bowling for Soup?  Third Eye Blind?

Brian

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2008, 11:28:00 am »
I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want to implicitly mock my Jamirroquai loving wife!

I think Brian and ggw are neck and neck for Post of the Week.

Originally posted by Brian Wallace:

Offspring
Good God, are you serious?  The two bands you "need to see" more than any others are Offspring and Jamiroquai!?!??!?!?  Are you clincally retarded?  What would the third band be?  Sum 41?  Bowling for Soup?  Third Eye Blind?

Brian [/b]

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2008, 12:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:

Offspring

Brian [/b]
i will never understand knocking someone for their tastes

does that make you feel hip?

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2008, 12:46:00 pm »
So Seth ..  since you're here.... Are any of us hot, or even warm and when are you going to blow our minds with said band announcements?
nothx

Mobius

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2008, 12:53:00 pm »
My Bloody Valentine
 Leonard Cohen
 The Verve

lagas

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2008, 12:57:00 pm »
  So Seth ..  since you're here.... Are any of us hot, or even warm and when are you going to blow our minds with said band announcements?
I think Seth's comment could be read as a hint that Offspring will be headlining VFest...or maybe Jamiroquai as well (which would be totally cool)
zorra

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2008, 01:01:00 pm »
I'm tempted, as I can't wait to  enjoy the uber-hip forumites declaring how they're going to travel halfway across the country for the one band that makes them so much cooler than those who are "retarded"

godsshoeshine

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2008, 01:05:00 pm »
you better keep em seperated
o/\o

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2008, 01:14:00 pm »
I'm very sorry for using the term "retarded."  It was rude and insensitive of me to use that word and I sincerely apologize.

I wish the best of luck to those putting together V-fest 2008.  It has to be a Sysiphean, thankless task.  I also hope that everyone attending has a blast, enjoys the bands/artists and travels safe.

Brian

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2008, 01:19:00 pm »
Queens of the Stone Age are playing the Toronto V Fest.
‼‼?‼‼

set1914

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2008, 01:32:00 pm »
Stray Cats. They are doing a farewell to Europe tour that starts mid August.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2008, 01:43:00 pm »
wow, i return to read so much hate...

i can understand why hipsters might laugh at the offspring - i don't agree, but i understand.  but jamiroquai?  really?  i didn't realize there was an ironic-t-shirt-brigade fatwa against them.  then again, they do make people dance - which isn't a very popular activity with that set  :p  

jamiroquai played the 9:30 at least once, back in '97 or '98 i think... everyone that i've spoken to who was at that show raves about that night.  i'm willing to bet that they still bring the funk.

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
 I think Brian and ggw are neck and neck for Post of the Week.
really?  i thought ggw's reply was leagues better than brian's... not that my assessment counts for anything in this thread, apparently.
<sig>