Author Topic: V-Fest Prediction / Wishlist  (Read 80049 times)

sonickteam2

Re: V-Fest Prediction / Wishlist
« Reply #345 on: April 24, 2008, 10:04:00 am »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

Originally posted by Erinaceous Sonickus:
 now sweetie.  Limp Bizkit did sell 14 million records in those 3 years.  Twice as many as Blink 182, and more records than Coldplay has sold in their entire career.
LB are in competition with b-182 and coldplay - sweet.  

according to wikipedia (and i'm too lazy to confirm it elsewhere), "Coldplay have been one of the most commercially successful acts of the new millennium, selling over 30 million albums."  not that i'm saying that coldplay "matters" either.

and lest we think album sales mean anything, celine dion has sold over 200 million albums. [/b]
sorry, i omitted the US Sales part.  In America, since this is the country we live in, Limp Bizkit has sold more records than Coldplay.

and for 3 years, yes, they mattered (not anymore, but they did)in pop culture, just cause you werent part of that, doesnt mean it didnt happen.

sorry!

saintangelsin

« Reply #346 on: April 24, 2008, 12:28:00 pm »
100 bucks a day makes me miss the days of hfstivals where the ticket price was no more than 30 bucks and that included those damn ticketmaster fees.

Granted, I do understand why the 100 bucks a day when there were some major legendary headliners. I'm just worried that with the price of tickets plus the price of gas, i just won't be able to squeeze it this year. It sucks that the economy is so closely dictating what I'm doing for the summer.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #347 on: April 24, 2008, 12:42:00 pm »
while expensive, i do think last years v-fest was worth the money i paid.  i had a great time. and i usually hate outdoor festivals.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #348 on: April 24, 2008, 01:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mobius:
  One's feelings about the importance of Limp Bizkit is directly proportional to one's feeling about the lasting cultural significance of TRL during the Carson Daly years.

Yes LB constantly got voted into the countdown.  Yes LB got idiots who don't really like music fired up at the turn of the century.  Yes Wes Borland seemed to have some talent and made a proto-KFed a big star . . . but history has no use for them.
How can you say history has no use for them? Or KOrn? or Hoobastank? Granted the gay hair metal shit is coming back in a way with all the gay emo/scene/scremo shit, but why the HELL would anyone want to see the rap-rock craze come back? THey served their purpose and that's that.
‼‼?‼‼

Giles

« Reply #349 on: April 24, 2008, 01:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by Got Haggis?:
  while expensive, i do think last years v-fest was worth the money i paid.  i had a great time. and i usually hate outdoor festivals.
versus what: indoor festivals?  

I love festivals, a chance to see bands during the day and not after 11pm.

bearman🐻

« Reply #350 on: April 24, 2008, 01:15:00 pm »
Actually, wouldn't it be hilarious if Limp Bizkit got booked at the most uber-indie festival? You could have Radiohead and Beck headline, but the bill would include PJ Harvey, Aphex Twin, Arcade Fire, Gnarls Barkley, Animal Collective, Yo La Tengo and the Shins. And there would be reunions from the Stone Roses and Pavement. Minor Threat will get on the bill at the 11th hour, but the real shock is when a massive toilet bowl is rolled onto the stage and Limp Bizkit emerge and play "Rollin (Air Raid Vehicle)". Now there's a show to blow your mind.

Giles

« Reply #351 on: April 24, 2008, 01:15:00 pm »

now sweetie.  Limp Bizkit did sell 14 million records in those 3 years.  Twice as many as Blink 182, and more records than Coldplay has sold in their entire career.

according to wikipedia (and i'm too lazy to confirm it elsewhere), "Coldplay have been one of the most commercially successful acts of the new millennium, selling over 30 million albums."  not that i'm saying that coldplay "matters" either.

and lest we think album sales mean anything, celine dion has sold over 200 million albums. [/b]
sorry, i omitted the US Sales part.  In America, since this is the country we live in, Limp Bizkit has sold more records than Coldplay.

and for 3 years, yes, they mattered (not anymore, but they did)in pop culture, just cause you werent part of that, doesnt mean it didnt happen.

sorry! [/b]
but Americans generally have bad taste in music  ;)

Giles

« Reply #352 on: April 24, 2008, 01:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by bearman:
  Actually, wouldn't it be hilarious if Limp Bizkit got booked at the most uber-indie festival? You could have Radiohead and Beck headline, but the bill would include PJ Harvey, Aphex Twin, Arcade Fire, Gnarls Barkley, Animal Collective, Yo La Tengo and the Shins. And there would be reunions from the Stone Roses and Pavement. Minor Threat will get on the bill at the 11th hour, but the real shock is when a massive toilet bowl is rolled onto the stage and Limp Bizkit emerge and play "Rollin (Air Raid Vehicle)". Now there's a show to blow your mind.
it'd be more realistic to be surprised by the appearence of say Ian Brown and not a reformed Stone Roses.  Say him AND Jarvis Cooker - that'd be bliss - Limp could crawl back into that toilet for all I care.

ggw

« Reply #353 on: April 24, 2008, 01:27:00 pm »

sorry! [/b]
Last.fm user Sonickteam

Top Artist #214:  Limp Bizkit

http://www.last.fm/user/sonickteam/charts/?charttype=overall&subtype=artist

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #354 on: April 24, 2008, 01:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by Giles:

Originally posted by bearman:
it'd be more realistic to be surprised by the appearence of say Ian Brown and not a reformed Stone Roses.  Say him AND Jarvis Cooker - that'd be bliss - Limp could crawl back into that toilet for all I care. [/b]
I'm getting to see Jarvis at Pitchfork  :D
nothx

serpent boy

« Reply #355 on: April 24, 2008, 01:34:00 pm »
Hey Seth,

It's only a couple more days until the announcement. Can we get any hints? Please? We're so bored we've resorted to Limp Bizkit discussion.

And you know, in case you haven't booked one of his bands, Josh Homme (QOTSA, EODM) has collaborated with both Dave Grohl and Trent Reznor. Just sayin'.

sonickteam2

« Reply #356 on: April 24, 2008, 01:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by Giles:
  but Americans generally have bad taste in music   ;)  
who doesnt?

UK Top Albums:

1 Kooks
 Konk
 (Virgin)

2 Leona Lewis
 Spirit
 (Syco Music)

3 Mariah Carey
 E=mc2
 (Def Jam)

4  Duffy
 Rockferry
 (A&M)

5  Scouting For Girls
 Scouting For Girls
 (Epic)

6 Elliot Minor
 Elliot Minor
 (Warner Bros)

7  Nickelback
 All The Right Reasons
 (Roadrunner Records)

8 REM
 Accelerate
 (Warner Bros)

9  Courteeners
 St. Jude
 (A&M)

10  OneRepublic
 Dreaming Out Loud
 (Interscope)

USA:

1    Mariah Carey
 E=MC2    

2    Leona Lewis
 Spirit    

3    Miley Cyrus
 Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: The Best Of Both Worlds Concert    

4  Lady Antebellum
 Lady Antebellum

5    Various Artists
 NOW 27

6    George Strait
 Troubadour  

7    Soundtrack
 Alvin And The Chipmunks  

8   Soundtrack
 Juno      

9    R.E.M.
 Accelerate  

10  Taylor Swift
 Taylor Swift    

Canada:

1 - 1 "Accelerate" R.e.m.  

2 - 1 "Scars And Souvenirs" Theory Of A Deadman  

3 1 9 "Sleep Through The Static" Jack Johnson  

4 5 41 "Csoundtrack" Hannah Montana 2: Meet Miley  

5 - 1 "Volume Du Vent Le" Karkwa  

6 - 1 "Last Night" Moby  

7 - 1 "Sense Of Purpose" In Flames  

8 3 3 "11" Bryan Adams  

9 - 1 "Shine A Light" Rolling Stones  

10 - 1 "Keep It Simple" Van Morrison

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #357 on: April 24, 2008, 01:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by miss pretentious:
  I'm getting to see Jarvis at Pitchfork   :D  
You should have seen Pulp the last time they played the 9:30 club which, I believe, was about thirteen years ago.  Some annoying girl kept throwing Hershey's kisses at Jarvis and saying "America's got kisses for you, Jarvis!"

I think they played "Mile End", too.

Brian

wml7

« Reply #358 on: April 24, 2008, 01:55:00 pm »
Yeah Seth give us some clues or something.  Better be good as Lollapalooza.

Giles

« Reply #359 on: April 24, 2008, 02:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by wml7:
  Yeah Seth give us some clues or something.  Better be good as Lollapalooza.
no, I hope it's better than Lollapalooza.