Author Topic: V-Fest Prediction / Wishlist  (Read 80042 times)

SacredxSuperman

Re: V-Fest Prediction / Wishlist
« Reply #405 on: April 27, 2008, 11:00:00 pm »
any idea on what time the line-up is going to be up. Is it going to be like exactly at midnight as all the others have seem to be announced at.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #406 on: April 27, 2008, 11:15:00 pm »
Odds are he'll delay again.

Dammit.
‼‼?‼‼

SacredxSuperman

« Reply #407 on: April 27, 2008, 11:18:00 pm »
I hope not, I've been waiting too long for tomorrow to come. Also umm someone go to wikipedia and tell me whats up with the random weird additions of bands that don't exist at all with weird names ... someone is having too much fun with that.

Jesse

« Reply #408 on: April 28, 2008, 12:05:00 am »

Here's the thing

« Reply #409 on: April 28, 2008, 12:09:00 am »
Chuck Berry with the Silver Beats is going to be very fun.

hutch

« Reply #410 on: April 28, 2008, 12:48:00 am »
the lineup is much weaker draw wise on saturday than sunday! i'm pretty surprised..having said that  i will be there saturday because the only act i really want to see is chuck berry and with the silver beats who kick ass..

but to have one day be jack johnson wilco offspring and the other day be kanye dylan stp iggy pop nine inch nails

its kinda crazy if you ask me..

as i say though i'm grateful to seth for finally bringing chuck berry back and putting him with a great backing band.... thanks! and about time!

Staralfur25

« Reply #411 on: April 28, 2008, 01:25:00 am »
the go! team

yay

serpent boy

« Reply #412 on: April 28, 2008, 01:37:00 am »
It's OK. I was hoping for a better mid-level bill, but they can't ALL be great.

I was pretty certain I'd go to Lollapalooza instead, but then Seth pulled out Dylan and She & Him. Hmm.

Pretty weak Saturday. Only Foo Fighters, Bloc Party, and Cat Power really interest me.

Sunday's looking worthy, though. NIN, STP, Dylan, BRMC, Iggy, Zooey, Shudder to Think, Black Keys. Nice.

slappy

« Reply #413 on: April 28, 2008, 01:38:00 am »
shudder to think - didn't see that coming!
 glad to see the NYC shows really weren't just a quasi-reunion.

bkrome

« Reply #414 on: April 28, 2008, 03:17:00 am »
Dylan!  I think its a good lineup.  Iggy, Kanye, Black Keys and Dylan Sunday will be a lot of fun.

Smylie

« Reply #415 on: April 28, 2008, 05:27:00 am »
I'll be buying my Lolla ticket today.  Oh well

Youenjoy

« Reply #416 on: April 28, 2008, 06:06:00 am »
its alright... would have liked to see some more big names, but ill be there.

PigIron

« Reply #417 on: April 28, 2008, 06:07:00 am »
Still passing and going to Lollapalooza.  But nice job placing everyone worth seeing (in my opinion) on Sunday.  Maybe when I get back, if I have money left over from Chicago...although it will be pretty embarrassing paying 100 bucks to see a show that features Lil' Wayne.  I wanna be as cool as ever and say that Chuck Berry is really, really awesome, but I can only name a few songs.  Would he gain indie-alternative cred if he just rolled out obscure singles and new material instead of the radio hits at the festival?

Bummer Moby is only doing a DJ set.
 And who the fuck are the Silver Beats?

« Reply #418 on: April 28, 2008, 06:22:00 am »
Much better lineup on Saturday. If tickets were $60 per day, it would be tempting.

Here's the thing

« Reply #419 on: April 28, 2008, 06:50:00 am »
The Silver Beats are 4 Japanese guys that play Beatles covers. It sounds crazy, but they are a good time. They seem like really humble guys on stage, and a great part of the whole thing is seeing their reaction to the crowd when they play really happy Beatles songs. I just have a feeling that they will be in their glory when backing Chuck Berry, and it will be heart-warming to see. In addition, it is pretty exhilirating to sing along with all of the old Beatles songs in a big crowd. I just hope Chuck is nice to them, because I have read that he can be a grouchy old guy sometimes. If he is into it, the dynamics of the five of them on stage could be a cool concert moment.