Author Topic: 2008 Virgin Mobile Festival Lineup  (Read 7771 times)

Bombay Chutney

Re: 2008 Virgin Mobile Festival Lineup
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 12:21:00 pm »
Put STP and Foo on the same day and I'm all over it.

edbert

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 12:27:00 pm »
now I'm actually looking forward to Fort Reno

saintangelsin

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 12:28:00 pm »
While I have seen STP, NIN and Foos, I wouldn't mind seeing them again.

I'm pretty excited about Kanye. I haven't seen him and well, I'd like to check out what he's got.

I'm a bit surprised that so far there haven't been any classic rock bands announced yet. cheap trick, the who, the police...you get what I mean.

I have a feeling there's an awesome classic surprise perhaps? (I am dreaming of AC/DC but that probably won't happen.)

Though people can shit on jack johnson all they want, since he's on the bill, my mother is considering about going with me, which would be pretty awesome. If my mom goes for Jack Johnson and stays for everything else, I'd call that a successful day.

sonickteam2

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 12:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by lagas:
  As a self-congratulatory hipster, I can say that this lineup wasnt what I was expecting, but its nothing that Jamiroquai cant fix    :D  
this lineup is pretty much like the last 2 so far. i dont see why you would be surprised!

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 12:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by saintangelsin:
  my mother is considering about going with me, which would be pretty awesome. If my mom goes for Jack Johnson and stays for everything else, I'd call that a successful day.
Since she has to drop you off in her minivan and pick you back up afterwards anyway, it makes sense for her to just stay all day. Maybe she'll buy you a slurpee!

Brian

saintangelsin

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 01:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, gay agenda ILLUMINATI:

my mother is considering about going with me, which would be pretty awesome. If my mom goes for Jack Johnson and stays for everything else, I'd call that a successful day.
Since she has to drop you off in her minivan and pick you back up afterwards anyway, it makes sense for her to just stay all day. Maybe she'll buy you a slurpee!

Brian [/b]
Well in my family, we don't take vacations- We go see concerts. I'm from Frostburg, so when I'm home during summer and not at school, I'm about 2 1/2 hours away from any sort of decent music. Might as well make it a family road trip, right? By the way, I'm 22 going on 23.

Last year's V-fest was great with friends, but it was strange seeing all these great bands without my family. I would love to be able to get my parents VIP tickets that way my father (who has breathing issues) can see some pretty major bands and so my mom might actually enjoy some music too. I am very lucky that I have parents who share a love for music with me and though we might have different tastes (my mom is for much more mellower things while my dad digs all sorts of stuff), they're pretty cool with taking my sister and I places to see bands. Ever since I was 13, my mom has taken my sister and I to see stuff at the 930 club and some of these were shows on school nights lol.

But seriously though, I would want my parents to go because it's a family thing, not because I need them to be there. I can hold down my own pretty nicely and yes, my mom would buy me a slushy because she is that awesome.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2008, 01:44:00 pm »
I want to see Filter on this bill so we can have some strange NIN, Filter, Army of Anyone, STP thing going on...

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

sonickteam2

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 03:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, gay agenda ILLUMINATI:

Brian [/b]
is the rest of the soccer team going?

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2008, 03:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by j-money:
  Hey Seth, if you're checking this out, could you tell us when the rest of the lineup is going to be announced?
As I said in the paper, I'm still booking it...whenever that's done, we'll announce it...wanted to get the mainstream stuff out there so we can get the whining here over with, although they'll probably all whine about the other stuff too

bottom line is...if you liked the last 2 years, you're gonna like this year after you hear the whole lineup...and if you didn't like the other V Fests, you'll probably take great pride in telling everyone how you're going to Coachella to see Portishead

and hey, by the way, saintangelsin...

my parents (and my kids) went last year so fuck those assholes that don't understand family

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2008, 03:56:00 pm »
Shouldn't this and all other Virgin Fest threads be moved to the WHFS message board? This in an indie rock board for cool people.

fatskippy

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2008, 04:02:00 pm »
worst festival ever

vansmack

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2008, 04:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:
  my parents (and my kids) went last year so fuck those assholes that don't understand family
Excellent display of family values.
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2008, 04:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Excellent display of family values. [/b]
lol.  don't the internet just bring out the best in people?

Bags

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2008, 04:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:
  Put STP and Foo on the same day and I'm all over it.
If that's the Foos' official DC date, I'm gonna weep.

That said, I'm VERY glad this festival isn't the same weekend as Lollapalooza.  At least I have the ability to go....

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2008, 04:41:00 pm »
   you'll probably take great pride in telling everyone how you're going to Coachella to see Portishead
So we should take this as a confirmation of no Portishead?   :(