Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1933652 times)

vansmack

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #2655 on: March 04, 2013, 12:50:38 pm »
This is a dangerous time for you, when you will be tempted by the Dark Side of the Force.
27>34

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #2656 on: March 16, 2013, 05:33:58 pm »
😐 🎶

vansmack

« Reply #2657 on: March 18, 2013, 12:53:31 pm »
Smackie sandwiched in between....
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2658 on: March 18, 2013, 01:00:15 pm »
Smackie sandwiched in between....

AKA on the floor?
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #2659 on: March 19, 2013, 01:03:12 pm »
Only Miss P sees the severity in this crisis!

http://gawker.com/5991206/america-descends-into-lawless-pandemonium-as-lululemon-threatens-shortage-of-black-yoga-pants

My Sunday's spent sitting in the wine bar across the street from Lululemon playing the "is she going in or not" game are in jeopardy!  This is a travesty!
27>34

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2660 on: March 19, 2013, 04:10:31 pm »

http://gawker.com/5991206/america-descends-into-lawless-pandemonium-as-lululemon-threatens-shortage-of-black-yoga-pants

My Sunday's spent sitting in the wine bar across the street from Lululemon playing the "is she going in or not" game are in jeopardy!  This is a travesty!
Who are the freedom hating lunatics behind this travesty?  Must be Obama.

vansmack

« Reply #2661 on: March 19, 2013, 05:26:11 pm »
Who are the freedom hating lunatics behind this travesty?  Must be Obama.

The Chinese have their hands all over this.  "Shoddy workmanship" is code for 'silent revolution'....
27>34

atomicfront

« Reply #2662 on: March 19, 2013, 05:36:32 pm »

Is that the store where the women was brutally murdered by her coworker that I found about on snapped?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2663 on: March 19, 2013, 05:46:28 pm »

Is that the store where the women was brutally murdered by her coworker that I found about on snapped?
cool guy alert

vansmack

« Reply #2664 on: March 21, 2013, 04:07:35 pm »
One way to Smackie's heart is to show up with $5k worth of networking equipment and say "[such-an-such] company sent these to me and I have no use for them - see what you can do with them."

My Death Star is almost fully operational.
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2665 on: March 21, 2013, 06:40:29 pm »
I've been leaning towards the HTC One X+ but am wondering if it's worth holding out for the Galaxy S4?  I am intrigued by some of the new touchless features of the new Galaxy.
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #2666 on: March 21, 2013, 06:52:05 pm »
I've been leaning towards the HTC One X+ but am wondering if it's worth holding out for the Galaxy S4?  I am intrigued by some of the new touchless features of the new Galaxy.

I think this debate should be between the HTC One (the replacement for the One X+) and the S4.

The One X+ and the S3 can be had on the cheap now, but if you're going to sign a 2-year contract, the extra $100 or so should be spent on a phone that with last you the duration of the contract.

Now, between the two, the HTC One is the sexier phone - all aluminum chasis, speakers on the front...

But software-wise, the Touchwiz version of Android that Samsung runs is much more developed than HTC's latest iteration of Sense over Android.  Which is too bad because HTC was way ahead of the game just two years ago.

I would try them both when they're in stock at your local store and see which one you like best.  They're very different from each other, and miles from stock Android OS.   

27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2667 on: March 21, 2013, 07:11:41 pm »
cool didn't realize there was a new HTC in the pipeline, and it's a bit odd the HTC One is the replacement for the HTC One X+... silly marketing departments...
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #2668 on: March 22, 2013, 01:20:13 pm »
cool didn't realize there was a new HTC in the pipeline, and it's a bit odd the HTC One is the replacement for the HTC One X+... silly marketing departments...

Yes, the name retreat is a horrible marketing decision, but don't let that change your thoughts on the phone. It's pretty sweet.  It's out in Europe and the US release date is "sometime next month" so I suspect you'll have both to play with at about the same time.

The best review I've seen so far is this one.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2669 on: March 22, 2013, 01:22:47 pm »
I <3 The Economist:

And stretch

Lululemon, a maker of fabulously pricey yoga wear, issued a recall for its women?s black Luon bottoms because of a high ?level of sheerness? that was too revealing. It warned there would be a shortage of the pants in its stores, presumably because men were rushing out to buy them for their wives and girlfriends.
27>34