Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1876787 times)

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #4605 on: October 04, 2019, 02:26:56 pm »
^ this will revolutionize my future hotel experience.
I don't stay at hotels much...but I thought the exact same thing when I saw this
now if they could just figure out a mute button on your kids...
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4606 on: October 04, 2019, 02:28:45 pm »
Pardon my ignorance, but what are you all using that for? What can you hang on that that you cannot hang in the closet? I'm a 75+ night a year-tier hotel member and I have zero idea why I would need this random hook.

EDIT: I see from the Twitter comments this is about keeping the curtains closed, not creating an extra hook. I have never had this be a big enough issue to bother me but then again I do not have and curtains on my bedroom windows at home (intentionally) so . . . probably not the target audience of this hack.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 02:33:52 pm by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

« Reply #4607 on: October 04, 2019, 02:41:05 pm »
at home I like the light in the AM,
when in a hotel that has those room darkening blinds...they are always messed up as they never close all the way and the room is never truly dark
slack

hutch

« Reply #4608 on: October 04, 2019, 02:41:31 pm »
This is so rock and roll...

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #4609 on: October 04, 2019, 06:14:30 pm »
Like motel curtains, we never really met

Bill Callahan, "Angela"
😐 🎶

vansmack

27>34

« Reply #4611 on: October 14, 2019, 05:02:47 pm »

Disney+ will be $6.99.
or $4.72
briefly viewed that movie list and wasn't excited...but I'm sure there are gems in there I've not seen
I really only want to see the maldorian
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4612 on: October 14, 2019, 05:41:51 pm »
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4613 on: October 14, 2019, 05:58:57 pm »
rougegate:

<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #4614 on: October 17, 2019, 02:33:05 pm »
so if they are buying them back...what are they going to do with all that inventory?

Not looking good for you sir.

Perhaps I was a little quick here.

Apparently, the Government has agreed to allow VW to exceed the limits in exchange for payments to an air quality mitigation fund.  Thus, the first generation EA189 engines will only be fit with a larger soot trap with software adjustments and they will be allowed to stay on the roads despite despite spewing out twice the legal limit of NOx.

If approved, you may be able to acquire one of those on the cheap, if you have no conscience.

Good news of you, Hatch.  Last night, my Lyft driver rolls up with an 2012 Audi A3 TDI.  Before I get in, I asked him if it was repaired from the recall.  He told me yes, and that he just bought it from a VW dealership for $13k.  It had less than 25k miles on it, the Premiere package and was stickered at $15k.  He offered $13k and they took it in a heartbeat - he thinks he probably could have gotten them down even lower.   

So, they're available now.
27>34

« Reply #4615 on: October 25, 2019, 03:49:19 pm »

Disney+ will be $6.99.
or $4.72
briefly viewed that movie list and wasn't excited...but I'm sure there are gems in there I've not seen
I really only want to see the maldorian
Or one year FREE

Good news on those who prepaid
Verizon has confirmed that customers who pre-purchased a Disney+ subscription can still take advantage of the free one-year offer. Pre-purchased Disney+ subscriptions will effectively be paused while the one-year free offer is in effect, and then kick in after the 12-month period is over.
which gets you to $3.54 a month over 4 years (will streaming even be around in 4 years...it will probably go diretly to your retina a that point)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 03:54:19 pm by 'I'm the team' ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|ll »
slack

« Reply #4616 on: October 25, 2019, 03:51:13 pm »
Good news of you, Hatch.  Last night, my Lyft driver rolls up with an 2012 Audi A3 TDI. 
So, they're available now.
welp, thought better after Sweets maligned the morality of that choice and bought a Prius...and the ladies heads swivel (in the other direction)
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #4618 on: October 26, 2019, 07:06:39 pm »

Or one year FREE

Verizon has confirmed that customers who pre-purchased a Disney+ subscription can still take advantage of the free one-year offer.

Yes, but you still have to be on Verizon....
27>34

« Reply #4619 on: October 28, 2019, 09:31:42 am »

Or one year FREE

Verizon has confirmed that customers who pre-purchased a Disney+ subscription can still take advantage of the free one-year offer.

Yes, but you still have to be on Verizon....
Fios or Verizon wireless.  I don't know how you live in the Bay area and don't have Verizon
that was always the joke on when AT&T had the exclusive on iPhones
"Great thing about the iphone is you never have to say goodbye"
slack