Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1877243 times)

vansmack

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #4650 on: February 19, 2020, 03:44:09 pm »
Chef Dominique Crenn is engaged to actor Maria Bello.

27>34

« Reply #4651 on: February 19, 2020, 04:51:00 pm »
that inspired me to watch some of the best scenes in "history of violence"
which led me to find out about
Falling is a 2020 film written and directed by Viggo Mortensen in his feature directorial debut
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4652 on: February 21, 2020, 03:33:37 pm »
AKA things that "Elias Leight" wants you to know:

‘The Whole System Collapsed’: Inside the Music Industry’s Ongoing Distribution Crisis
‘It’s amazing how a company most have never heard of can bring the U.S. music industry to its knees,’ said one label exec struggling to get his artists’ records into stores
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #4653 on: February 21, 2020, 04:21:27 pm »
This really is a crisis...my local store is always having problems stocking the vinyl they need

vansmack

« Reply #4654 on: February 21, 2020, 04:53:20 pm »
You should all be saying thank you and investing your savings in something that might actually be beneficial....

For example: For Hutch

For Sweetcell

Smackie is also for the children.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 05:03:21 pm by vansmack »
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4655 on: February 21, 2020, 05:35:46 pm »
You should all be saying thank you and investing your savings in something that might actually be beneficial....

For Sweetcell

dude, no need to get your 529 in your state of residence... our current one is in Utah.
<sig>

« Reply #4656 on: February 21, 2020, 05:56:05 pm »

For Sweetcell

didn't think I'd get to use this again...
slack

vansmack

« Reply #4657 on: February 21, 2020, 06:17:57 pm »
dude, no need to get your 529 in your state of residence... our current one is in Utah.

Well, I wasn't going to do the research for you...

But any resident of VA who doesn't deduct the contributions to their VA 529 from their state taxes would be a fool.  And yes, while Utah does allow you to deduct against your income and Washington does not, just what Utah income are you hiding from us, sweetcell? 

I'll go first:  Mormon Boys Tabernacle Choir Director?
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4658 on: February 21, 2020, 07:10:20 pm »

Well, I wasn't going to do the research for you...

But any resident of VA who doesn't deduct the contributions to their VA 529 from their state taxes would be a fool.  And yes, while Utah does allow you to deduct against your income and Washington does not, just what Utah income are you hiding from us, sweetcell? 

WA doesn't have a personal income tax, so there is nothing to deduct against.  thus, it becomes a question of which state's 529 offers the best terms, most flexibility, etc.  UT's ranks very high, if not the highest.

thanks for the insights.  we have a real financial advisor, FYI.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4659 on: February 24, 2020, 09:38:35 am »
I had a weird ass dream about Smackie last night. For some reason, it was Thanksgiving and I was super down in the dumps. I was lying online about attending the Egg Bowl to make it seem like I was doing something fun. Then all of a sudden, Vansmack showed up at my door and said he was there to cheer me up. I was like "it's Thanksgiving, you have a wife and kid. Why would you fly across country to see me?" And he was all "you are one of my oldest and dearest friends". And I was too polite to say it but I was thinking "wait, no I'm not. This doesn't make sense." Then I woke up.

It was a weird dream. No sex happened.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 11:52:51 am by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #4660 on: February 24, 2020, 04:11:34 pm »
This story would totally make sense if I figured out you were lying and bought you a ticket to SF for Thanksgiving.  I haven't had a "family only" Thanksgiving in like 20 years.  This year alone we had friends bring their family and we had a guy from South Carolina, an older couple from Manchester, England celebrating their first Thanksgiving ever, and a lady from Ireland.  You would blend right in and your spirits would be turned around by either Alice's Restaurant or the John Lewis Christmas Adverts...

But I would crush them back down by the third glass of whiskey and the 15th repeat of "Fairytale of New York."  And that's the sex would happen.

27>34

« Reply #4661 on: February 24, 2020, 05:09:35 pm »
that was a strange plot twist
A+
slack

« Reply #4662 on: February 24, 2020, 05:14:19 pm »
This story would totally make sense if I figured out you were lying and bought you a ticket to SF for Thanksgiving.  I haven't had a "family only" Thanksgiving in like 20 years.  This year alone we had friends bring their family and we had a guy from South Carolina, an older couple from Manchester, England celebrating their first Thanksgiving ever, and a lady from Ireland.  You would blend right in and your spirits would be turned around by either Alice's Restaurant or the John Lewis Christmas Adverts...

But I would crush them back down by the third glass of whiskey and the 15th repeat of "Fairytale of New York."  And that's the sex would happen.
So I guess Jen and I are coming to San Fran in November now? This is weirder than having a Smackie dream in the first place.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4663 on: February 24, 2020, 05:17:00 pm »

So I guess Jen and I are coming to San Fran in November now? This is weirder than having a Smackie dream in the first place.

Who's Jen?

« Reply #4664 on: February 24, 2020, 05:18:10 pm »

Who's Jen?
My wife.
LVMH