Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1890238 times)

hutch

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #4050 on: June 07, 2016, 05:03:27 pm »
I have two Vizios.. happy with them.. they are cheap at BJs.. of course mine are smaller models.. I think for my next TV in a while I will get a bigger one..

« Reply #4051 on: June 07, 2016, 07:42:53 pm »
I have two Vizios.. happy with them.. they are cheap at BJs.. of course mine are smaller models.. I think for my next TV in a while I will get a bigger one..
I've heard places like costco and bj's get models that aren't for sale in the open market and skimp on the features

but I've no facts behind that statement

Can't believe I've had this TV for close to 14 years!
slack

hutch

« Reply #4052 on: June 07, 2016, 08:00:08 pm »
I've heard places like costco and bj's get models that aren't for sale in the open market and skimp on the features

but I've no facts behind that statement

Can't believe I've had this TV for close to 14 years!

well its funny you say that..you are correct..

I of course can barely use the remote control but a while back I was trying to stream Amazon or something cause my partner wanted it...and the Vizio has a sticker at the bottom that runs the legnth of the TV with all the various features and says "SMART TV" but I could not find the feature and when i researched it on the internet it turned out my model is not Smart.. so there you go.. I was able to stream Netflix on it.. maybe through the DVD player.. I really don't remember very well but I think that was the gist of it.

a very good point... buyer beware.. make sure you know exactly the VIZIO model you are getting cause they have so many variations

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4053 on: June 07, 2016, 08:20:32 pm »
I'm not bothered by the standard speakers on my Samsung.  We have a soundbar and rarely use it.  I spent a little more on my TV with the plan on keeping it for a long time.  If I was only planning on keeping it for 2-3 years, I'd buy something cheap, then spin it off as a computer monitor after a while....
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 10:01:03 am by ja,ded »

vansmack

« Reply #4054 on: June 07, 2016, 09:32:58 pm »
Never buy a TV for it's "Smart" features - you won't use them after a year and you can buy a $35 dongle with a faster processor anyway.   

My Sammy had all the smart features and I used them for about 8 months.  Now I use my Chromecast 95% of the time because it's faster and the signal is more reliable.

The cast feature however, is a built-in Chromecast and I think that it will last longer than smart features as it's doesn't run any apps, it just transvereses the web feed.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #4055 on: June 07, 2016, 09:38:54 pm »
Never buy a TV for it's "Smart" features - you won't use them after a year and you can buy a $35 dongle with a faster processor anyway.   

My Sammy had all the smart features and I used them for about 8 months.  Now I use my Chromecast 95% of the time because it's faster and the signal is more reliable.

The cast feature however, is a built-in Chromecast and I think that it will last longer than smart features as it's doesn't run any apps, it just transvereses the web feed.

ok .. I assume this is meant for Sidebitch as I only know what 25% of the words mean...

« Reply #4056 on: June 07, 2016, 11:06:36 pm »

ok .. I assume this is meant for Sidebitch as I only know what 25% of the words mean...
I understand, but having Hulu and netflix in there is pretty nice and won't have to use the Wii for that kind of stuff.  While I'm familiar with Chromecast, I've not used it yet to be awed by it's awesomeness
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4057 on: June 08, 2016, 10:03:04 am »

Meh.  We still use the Smart features.  We have 75mbps fios and a hard-wired connection and have never had reliability issues.

vansmack

« Reply #4058 on: June 08, 2016, 10:32:45 am »
And how old is your TV?

It's not the speed of your internet connection, it's the speed of opening, closing and navigating the apps that will start to annoy you.

You won't be happy this time next year for sure.
27>34

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #4059 on: June 08, 2016, 11:10:30 am »
It's 15 months, maybe.  Still use Netflix daily, including an expanding list of 4K content.  Still quite happy....

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4060 on: June 16, 2016, 12:31:50 pm »
this was too cruel not to share with you:

New Mountain Dew Vows To Kill 99.9% Of Stomach Bacteria
http://www.theonion.com/article/new-mountain-dew-vows-kill-999-stomach-bacteria-53101
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #4061 on: June 16, 2016, 12:33:19 pm »
this was too cruel not to share with you:

New Mountain Dew Vows To Kill 99.9% Of Stomach Bacteria
http://www.theonion.com/article/new-mountain-dew-vows-kill-999-stomach-bacteria-53101

I'm not worried about it.  I know someone who works there now and she's going to fix it #throwbackstyle
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4062 on: June 16, 2016, 02:33:32 pm »
oh crap, the campaign has gone public...
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #4063 on: June 19, 2016, 05:15:45 pm »
In Orange County, at the airport, talking to Angels physio.  Very interesting conversation....
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #4064 on: June 21, 2016, 12:55:15 pm »
27>34