Author Topic: Colts vs. Patriots  (Read 5903 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Colts vs. Patriots
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2007, 07:21:00 pm »
No way. The Brian Wallace character just jumped the shark. There is no way someone is a Jeff George fan.

I demand some proof of their existance or we should all stop feeding the troll.

BookerT

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2007, 08:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, good manners AFICIONADO:
  No way. The Brian Wallace character just jumped the shark. There is no way someone is a Jeff George fan.

i agree. this was the tipping point. i thought he was real up to now, but this just goes waaaay beyond.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2007, 08:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by BookerT:

Originally posted by Julian, good manners AFICIONADO:

i agree. this was the tipping point. i thought he was real up to now, but this just goes waaaay beyond. [/b]
No.  I really am.  I also love My Chemical Romance and that song "Hey There, Delilah."

Brian

Mobius

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2007, 10:12:00 am »
Why are we talking about Jeff George?  I'm sick of all this nostalgia for early 90's dumb as a rock crappy QBs with great arms. Friggin hipsters. You people need to get a life.  I'm going to sit here and stare at my J.P. Losman Fathead.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2007, 09:23:00 pm »
moral of the story: Pats aren't quite as good as people make them out to be, but one quarter of Brady & Co in "on" mode > three quarters of #2 team doing their thing.

still pissed that i bet my friend that the Pats would win by at least 5.  ugh.
<sig>

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2007, 09:37:00 am »
this entire page has me laughing my ass off.

ohh man jeff george.
nothx

godsshoeshine

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2007, 10:12:00 am »
real moral was i should have let ggw talk me into gambling

the colts really missed harrison the pats doubled wayne the whole game, colts oline kind of fell apart. ah well the most important game of the week is tonight anyway
o/\o

renton007

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2007, 10:18:00 am »
That was a fun game to watch.  I didn't think the Pats would have such a hard time with the Colts.  In past games they executed like a machine.  The pass interference calls were hit and miss, there was an obvious one against Indy that didn't get called.

I was glad to see the Pats remain undefeated and enjoyed a good afternoon of watching sports.

Philly on the other had looked terrible. I think Andy Reid has lost his will to live.

vansmack

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2007, 12:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Margin of victory of Patriots road games this year: 24, 21, 21, 21.

They are like Sherman marching through the South.  I would take the Pats and give the 5 all day long.  Any takers?  Hurwitz.....?
So, what was the damage and how pissed/shocked were you when they took their first knee of the 07 season only up four with plenty of time to score?
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2007, 01:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by miss pretentious:
  this entire page has me laughing my ass off.
glad to provide a little levity in your life!  given the embarrassment your broncos were subjected to yesterday, i suspect you need it.

love,
 sweetcell
<sig>

godsshoeshine

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2007, 01:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

They are like Sherman marching through the South.  I would take the Pats and give the 5 all day long.  Any takers?  Hurwitz.....?
So, what was the damage and how pissed/shocked were you when they took their first knee of the 07 season only up four with plenty of time to score? [/b]
i was going to guess at least a grand, but that might be way low
o/\o

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2007, 01:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by renton007:
 The pass interference calls were hit and miss, there was an obvious one against Indy that didn't get called.
i realize that i'm completely biased, so i'd like your opinions: what did you think of the officiating?

personally, i was on the verge of calling for an enquiry into whether the refs had been paid off, given how awful and one-sided the calls were.  those two 40+ yard passer interference were complete and utter bunk - too bad those can't be challenged, would have taken a few points away from Indy (and allowed me to win my bet!).  and what about that moorehead reception that was mis-called by two line judges on either side of the play?!?  i'm probably over-reacting, but seemed very unfair and one-sided to me at the time.  

So, what was the damage and how pissed/shocked were you when they took their first knee of the 07 season only up four with plenty of time to score?
damage: $20 and a little pride.  shocked: not really, just disappointed.  but given the strength of indy's defence and tom's 2 picks, it was the way to go.  there is a case to be made that the Pats will only run up the score on a team they have no respect for.  colt's D definitely deserved respect yesterday.
<sig>

ggw

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2007, 02:03:00 pm »

So, what was the damage and how pissed/shocked were you when they took their first knee of the 07 season only up four with plenty of time to score? [/b]
Nobody took my action (their loss).  

I think Belichick realizes it's okay to trounce the Redskins because the Pats aren't likely to see them again.  On the other hand, one probably doesn't want to give added incentive for revenge to a team that one will likely face again in the championship game.

vansmack

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2007, 02:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  personally, i was on the verge of calling for an enquiry into whether the refs had been paid off, given how awful and one-sided the calls were.  those two 40+ yard passer interference were complete and utter bunk - too bad those can't be challenged, would have taken a few points away from Indy (and allowed me to win my bet!).
When I watched two of the three plays with PI calls in real-time, I thought for sure there was pass interference.  Only with replay did I think differently, so I don't think it's fair to call in an enquiry.  They were bad calls, but honestly, I threw the flag from my couch twice.  The one time I didn't throw my flag was the Moss offensive pass interference, and the Pats scored anyway on that drive.

and what about that moorehead reception that was mis-called by two line judges on either side of the play?!?
If you watch it again, the back judge starts to call it incomplete, but the judge right in front of the play says he caught it.  And he was terribly wrong, which was obvious to everybody.  However, here's how that call is supposed to work:  Did you see him get two feet in?  Judge one: No I didn't.  Judge Two:  Yes I did.  Then it's a catch, and the back judge cannot overrule him.

Gross.  I'm starting to sound like Peter King.
27>34

renton007

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2007, 04:25:00 pm »
Pass interference calls are a sore spot for me.  My main issue is they seem punitive since the ball is moved to the spot of the foul. I believe in at least two cases yesterday this was near the goal line.  

At first I though NE was getting more stringent enforcement of the rules but it evened out as the game went on.  The play where someone hooked Moss's are deserved the flag, it didn't get it.  I'll try to elaborate more later.  

]i realize that i'm completely biased, so i'd like your opinions: what did you think of the officiating?