Author Topic: At first, I thought she was singing in German....  (Read 2395 times)

Brian_Wallace

At first, I thought she was singing in German....
« on: November 02, 2007, 11:30:00 am »
...after all, it WAS in Munich.  You've GOT to see this.  This was LAST NIGHT at the MTV awards:

Kee....burrrr.....seeee....I...waahhh.....bllooo

Was she talking that language Jodie Foster was speaking in "Nell?"  It's funny but a little sad, too.  Mostly funny, though.  What IS she singing?

I give her two more weeks.  At least the times when I saw Courtney Love this trashed, I was treated to some totally inappropriate nudity.

Brian

Re: At first, I thought she was singing in German....
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 11:42:00 am »
Slaappy says
 WTF, learn the words to your song. What a cum guzzler

jd930

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 11:53:00 am »
Wow.  She couldn't even get the chorus right. She made Britney's MTV performance look stellar. Too sad.

renton007

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 11:59:00 am »
I think that looks intentional as opposed to being strung out.  It's like she's throwing a tantie. Maybe the demands of her rider we not met?

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 01:09:00 pm »

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 03:15:00 pm »
The worst part is Michael Stipe's GOT to be thinking "My career has come to this?"

"Fifteen years ago, I was in one of best American bands ever and now I'm presenting an award to someone who I'm almost sure is going to vomit all over me..."

Brian

walkonby

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 06:48:00 pm »
i was in a "bath and body works" yesterday, looking for a gift--as if i don't actually shop there for myself from time to time.  there was this well dressed, mid forty-ish looking guy with a suit from macy's proudly draped upon his shoulder.  out from the speakers came this poppyseeded, horrible attempt of maroon-five like noise, where this sir of dandy side steps through the many product picking up and curling a brow before placing it back to the shelf, found it the perfect place for belting out the lyrics word for word in perfect german.  i was frightened and equally impressed.

bull930

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 01:03:00 am »
It was not that horrible. At least it was live. I agree it was not the best but all the words came out and she was able to get threw it. She looked so sad but thats also part of the lyrics. She lives and breathes the song.

bull930

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 06:24:00 am »
If you listen and don't look it sounds very good!!!!