Author Topic: forcing myself to like a band  (Read 4265 times)

jm1

Re: forcing myself to like a band
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2007, 04:20:00 pm »
Yea, I liked Devendra Banhart when he was called Marc Bolan/Tyrannosaurus Rex.

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2007, 04:56:00 pm »
Devandra Burnhart is a fucking gross stupid hippie making shitty ass music for drips. If you like him, you probably suck your own cock three times a day, regardless if you're a guy or girl.

walkonby

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2007, 08:23:00 pm »
but what about tiny masters of today?  any opinion of them?  took me awhile as well to handle them.  the most pain and suffering i went through to enjoy a single band was, the grateful dead, which i happily listen to at any given occasion with a smile on my face.

three times a day?  wow.  i'll listen to tanya tucker for that doggie ability.

vansmack

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2007, 08:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Devandra Burnhart is a fucking gross stupid hippie making shitty ass music for drips. If you like him, you probably suck your own cock three times a day, regardless if you're a guy or girl.
Did you forget that you weren't signed in as Brian Wallace?
27>34

azaghal1981

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2007, 08:39:00 pm »
I've tried time and time again to get into the dead but it just didn't happen.
 I do like 93-95 phish and some of the output from a couple other jambands, though. Go figure.

Originally posted by walkonby:
  but what about tiny masters of today?  any opinion of them?  took me awhile as well to handle them.  the most pain and suffering i went through to enjoy a single band was, the grateful dead, which i happily listen to at any given occasion with a smile on my face.

احمد

calecp01

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2007, 04:32:00 am »
It's so hard to look past the scene and reputation surrounding Phish to realize they actually wrote a few decent songs.  Funny that Billy Breathes was actually on Pitchfork's Top 100 Albums of the 90's before it got the redux treatment.

As for other jam bands, I think the only other ones I can stomach are the crossover acts like Medeski, Martin, & Wood and Bela Fleck.  MMW kills it live in the right setting.

ps. I hate hippies

Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  I've tried time and time again to get into the dead but it just didn't happen.
 I do like 93-95 phish and some of the output from a couple other jambands, though. Go figure.

Originally posted by walkonby:

[/b]

walkonby

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2007, 01:04:00 pm »
speaking of phish (which i loved from the first note i heard), you gotta smile on the howard stern callers.  a phish archivist (i.e. hard-core pot dealer and smoker) was on the sirius jam band channel on friday promoting the new phish cd release.  they took some calls.  the first caller wanted to know if backstage, trey (lead singer) had ever shown his ball sack to anyone.  or if page (keyboards) had ever given trey a "rusty trombone?"  classic.