Author Topic: VHS or Beta roll call  (Read 2408 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: VHS or Beta roll call
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 04:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:

Originally posted by sweetcell:
  yup, currently comin' atcha live from silver spring.  
How long are you here? [/b]
should be around for the next 5 weeks, monday thru friday.  working in the Discovery Channel building - i LOVE walking by the skeleton of a T Rex every morning    :)     i'm staying in a hotel a few blocks away.  in the evenings i'll be bored when not working late, so let's take this to PM-land and make plans to meet up.  if i remember correctly, you're in SS too.
<sig>

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2007, 05:04:00 pm »
not to get all brian walalcle on you, but i find vhs or beta completely insufferable.

carry on.

:D
(o|o)

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 06:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by Hoya Paranoia:
  not to get all brian walalcle on you, but i find vhs or beta completely insufferable.

carry on.

someone has been watching the project runway marathon...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 08:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by Hoya Paranoia:

carry on.

could be, i'll give them a 4-5 songs and i'll decide then if VHS or Beta are worth the opportunity cost (lost sleep).  for once, i'm there for the openers... and, of course, to grab a bite at BEN'S CHILI BOWL.
<sig>

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 09:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by you be betty:
 someone has been watching the project runway marathon...
and just as i type this my girlfriend has some fucking project runway dvd on
(o|o)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 02:18:00 am »
quick recap: damn enjoyable night at the cat.

soft complex were really, really good.  came in not expecting much, left very impressed.  callat703's retro shimmering guitar lines had some serious Edge and Lifeson influences in there.  impressive durmming, very tight.  unfortunately the singer wasn't having such a good night, he sang flat most probably because he couldn't hear himself very well.  a shame.  still, can't wait to see/hear them again.  thedirector, i think you'll really like their sound.

moving units didn't do much for me.  very respectable rock, i heard the cult in there at times, but not much to distinguish them from the pack.

vhs or beta, contrary to previous predictions, were not insufferable.  in fact, they rocked the joint.  place was less than half full but that have those in attendence more room to groove.  i thought the singer sounded eerily like robert smith at times.  last song i heard as i left (damn work and metro) was a funky disco-flavored number off their first album that sounded amazing.  would definitely look forward to seeing again.

great to be back in DC.
<sig>

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 09:53:00 am »
had a great great great great time last night with the sweet one and of course seeing vhs or beta. always a good time in my book, and it's a shame you had to head out before the end of the show sweet.

moving units did nothing for me either.

also, good to meet you 703... small world, huh?
nothx

Sage 703

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2007, 10:07:00 am »
small world indeed.  was a pleasure meeting you as well miss p, and sweetcell, great to see you again.

thanks for coming early!!

TheDirector217

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2007, 12:28:00 pm »
  thedirector, i think you'll really like their sound.

great to be back in DC.
Yeah, I checked up on 'em on their website.  Wanted to show up (Sorry 703, I'm hurting over here - had to support you from afar.), but I think the past two weeks have really caught up with me.  (FYI: NEVER see Jay-Z in NYC & sit next to cats from Brooklyn.  NEVER.  They tend to get a little excited.) So much so, that I had to call out today.  

Good to see you're back, S Dot.  Sorry I missed you too, Miss P.  I'll holla @ you all somepoint soon . . .

Sage 703

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2007, 12:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by TheDirector217:

thedirector, i think you'll really like their sound.

great to be back in DC.
Yeah, I checked up on 'em on their website.  Wanted to show up (Sorry 703, I'm hurting over here - had to support you from afar.), but I think the past two weeks have really caught up with me.  (FYI: NEVER see Jay-Z in NYC & sit next to cats from Brooklyn.  NEVER.  They tend to get a little excited.) So much so, that I had to call out today.  

Good to see you're back, S Dot.  Sorry I missed you too, Miss P.  I'll holla @ you all somepoint soon . . . [/b]
It is all good my friend.  How was Hova?

You, sweetcell and I will have to do a Circus Circus reunion at some point(s) while he's in town.  Hanging at my place perhaps?  Miss P, you and your beau should feel welcome as well.  Hit me up.

930clubber

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2007, 02:44:00 pm »
great show, i heard The Smiths in some of the Soft Complex songs.

i had sampled only a few VHS or Beta songs on XM, and didn't realize how Brit Pop they were.

to those who left early, they played an encore of three songs.

calecp01

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2007, 04:20:00 pm »

930clubber

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2007, 04:33:00 pm »
i didn't make lexie's final cut.  :confused:  

Originally posted by cale:
  Pics from the show posted:

http://www.brightestyoungthings.com/live-dc/photos-vhs-or-beta-moving-units-soft-complex/