Author Topic: nine inch nails  (Read 4981 times)

Got Haggis?

nine inch nails
« on: February 22, 2005, 06:49:00 pm »
yeah so, rumors are they are playing mainly smaller venues - and from the dates confirmed so far, looks like thats true.  wonder if that means we will see them at the 930? if so that would be pretty cool - just not the same seeing them someplace huge.

anyway, at least 2 of the songs from the new album have been leaked - the hands that feeds, and the line begins to blur.....the hand that feeds is a really poor quality radio rip...but the line begins to blur is high quality....pretty good stuff. looking forward to the new album.

bellenseb

Re: nine inch nails
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 06:55:00 pm »
Apologies to NIN fans and Pitchfork haters alike, but this was one of my all-time 'fork favorites.

Bartelby

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 07:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by bellenseb:
  Apologies to NIN fans and Pitchfork haters alike, but this was one of my all-time 'fork favorites.
Ouch, Trent got diss'ed and 'forked.  Has anyone heard this CD?  Agree?

Got Haggis?

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 07:53:00 pm »
pitchfork is a joke

Got Haggis?

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 07:55:00 pm »
pitchfork is a joke.  half the time it's like the reviews have a thesaurus on hand and just use as many words as possible to sound all high and mighty.  

somethingawful.com had a great pitchfork parody site once.....rich dork media and music reviews

http://www.somethingawful.com/fake/richdork/

lol

bellenseb

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 10:15:00 pm »
Knee-jerk Pitchfork bashing is really original and insightful. Extra points for not mentioning the review I linked to, just making generalizations. Bravo!

dtqjr

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 10:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by Got Haggis?:
  yeah so, rumors are they are playing mainly smaller venues - and from the dates confirmed so far, looks like thats true.  wonder if that means we will see them at the 930? if so that would be pretty cool - just not the same seeing them someplace huge.

anyway, at least 2 of the songs from the new album have been leaked - the hands that feeds, and the line begins to blur.....the hand that feeds is a really poor quality radio rip...but the line begins to blur is high quality....pretty good stuff. looking forward to the new album.
To add to the small venue rumor, there were two dates posted for the Electric Factory on Ticketmaster but then they were taken down before they ever went on sale.

Can anyone even fathom what chaos would ensue with ticket presale posts if NIN played at the club?  Absolutely frightening.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 11:24:00 pm »
  Knee-jerk Pitchfork bashing is really original and insightful. Extra points for not mentioning the review I linked to, just making generalizations. Bravo!
Extra points to you for a fantastic sarcastic reply. Kudos!
(o|o)

lionforce5

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 11:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by DUDE, best show EVER:

Extra points to you for a fantastic sarcastic reply. Kudos! [/b]
Double word score for you:

1) back to back rhyme of "fantastic" and "sarcastic."

2) Almost a haiku:
 Extra points to you
 for a fantastic sarcastic
 reply.  kudos!

tenfifteen

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2005, 09:52:00 am »
I take Pitchfork with a grain of salt when I disagree with a review there. Just people writing about music... and on balance, they do a pretty solid job of picking good music and slamming the stuff that deserves it. Seems to inspire so much vitriol though. So someone rips something I like. Pft. Big deal. Opinions are like... well, you know.

Anyway, I'm a longtime fan of NIN, and first saw "them" live in Feb '91 in SF. Loved the Fragile, and still laughed my ass off when I read that review. Pitchfork routinely rips on the Reverend Horton Heat's albums, and I'm a huge fan there as well.

However, I do not care for Jimmy Eat World or Audioslave, and the following have got to be my favorite Pitchfork reviews ever.
  Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American
  Audioslave - S/T

Bags

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2005, 11:12:00 am »
Originally posted by tenfifteen:
 Seems to inspire so much vitriol though.
SO easy to do here, though....    :p

debaser

• www.lovefornickcave.com
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2005, 12:06:00 pm »
So what is the consensus on dates and venues?  I'd seen Philly and Boston posted but they've completely disappeared.  Anyone seen anything else?

Got Haggis?

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2005, 12:13:00 pm »
bunch of euro dates posted now.

when were the philly dates?

debaser

• www.lovefornickcave.com
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2005, 02:01:00 pm »
right, but I am looking for for if the Philly and Boston dates are actually happening.

Perhaps it is time to call Trent.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2005, 02:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by debaser:
  right, but I am looking for for if the Philly and Boston dates are actually happening.

Perhaps it is time to call Trent.
Accuse him of a "terrible lie" if those dates aren't happening.