Author Topic: Albums in 2004  (Read 51003 times)

vansmack

Re: Albums in 2004
« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2004, 02:31:00 pm »
Since just about every other U2 release that didn't have "Zooropa" in the title was released on October 30/31, I'm going to go with Late October on this one:

www.u2.com

Could it be November ? The next U2 album could be set for an Autumn release, according to comments by Paul McGuinness in the last few days.

U2â??s manager told BBC Radio Five Live that he was hoping for a November album release, with a tour to follow - opening in the US, next Spring.

Speaking after a university debate in Oxford, England, on whether â??reality TV is killing live musicâ??, Paul was up against Neil Fox (Capital Radio DJ, and â??Pop Idolâ?? judge) Damon Gough (Badly Drawn Boy) and journalist Miranda Sawyer. But, adding to his case, he had Nick Rhodes (Duran Duran) and David Hepworth (founding editor of Q magazine.)

And as to what kind of tour the band are thinking of, that remains up for discussion, according to further remarks Paul made to the LA Times.

It will be defined by â??the character of the new album and the new production.â??

â??In the case of U2, it's more a function of what kind of music they want to do, rather than what kind of box-office gross they want to achieve.

'Certainly playing indoors is much easier, and the logistics are much more controlled,' he added. 'Now that high ticket prices indoors are accepted, if you're going to take the audience to a big outdoor event, you'd really have to be doing something very, very good, and we would take that responsibility very seriously. If we decide to go outdoors, it will be because it's worth doing something on a grand scale.'
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #136 on: May 14, 2004, 02:35:00 pm »
Again, I don't know what this means, but I'm looking forward to this too:

www.socialdistortion.com

May 14, 2004

PHASE THREE COMPLETE AND TRACKING IS FINISHED
 Hey gang! Tracking for the forthcoming untitled Social D record has come to an end. The guys have hit all their licks, and laid all the tracks that will make up the new record. Ness and the boys are now currently reviewing the songs, and taking notes before going in to have it mixed. The record was produced by Cameron Webb and Mike Ness, and word of who's mixing is soon to be announced!

Stay tuned for more info. as well as song titles, artwork, and live footage of the guys in the studio.
27>34

ratioci nation

« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2004, 01:33:00 pm »
2 albums I somehow forgot to mention in my Tuesday Cheat Sheet on Big Yawn come out tomorrow -

Mclusky - Difference Between Me & You Is That Im Not on Fire
 The Thermals - Fuckin A

brennser

« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2004, 01:38:00 pm »

vansmack

« Reply #139 on: May 17, 2004, 05:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:
  2 albums I somehow forgot to mention in my Tuesday Cheat Sheet on Big Yawn come out tomorrow -  
I think you also forgot Green Day's American Idiot, but since it's slated for a fall release, you have plenty of time to catch up.
27>34

brennser

« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2004, 09:56:00 am »
Old 97s are streaming 3 songs from Drag It Up at old97s.com

« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2004, 11:41:00 am »
"new kid" sounds like it could be a Smiths/Old 97's song, eh?

Originally posted by brennser:

brennser

« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2004, 12:05:00 pm »
at first I didn't think so but after listening to it for a few times, I tend to agree... esp the last 30 seconds or so - both the lyrics and his vocals are a little smithsy

Originally posted by Sacktastic Bag O' Nuts:
  "new kid" sounds like it could be a Smiths/Old 97's song, eh?

[/b]

grotty

« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2004, 12:57:00 pm »
Thanks - I like the sound of the new stuff. A few steps back...in a good way. I busted out Wreck Your Life this weekend. Man, did it sound great.

« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2004, 02:00:00 pm »
Satellite and Won't Be Home are both old songs that Murry and Rhett have performed as the Ranchero Brothers for a number of years.

Probably the reason why it sounds like older stuff.

New Kid is about a year old, probably why it sounds different.

Originally posted by grotty:

Thanks - I like the sound of the new stuff. A few steps back...in a good way. I busted out Wreck Your Life this weekend. Man, did it sound great. [/b]

ratioci nation

« Reply #145 on: May 24, 2004, 07:33:00 pm »
Burning Brides new album is on their website

http://www.burningbrides.com/

seems like you may have to pay though

Barcelona

« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2004, 08:46:00 pm »
Anyone aware of this?

The Waterboys

This Is the Sea [Bonus CD]

1.   Don't Bang the Drum (Scott/Wallinger) - 6:46
     2.   The Whole of the Moon (Scott) - 5:02
     3.   Spirit (Scott) - 1:48
     4.   The Pan Within (Scott) - 6:12
     5.   Medicine Bow (Scott/Thistlethwaite) - 2:45
     6.   Old England (Scott) - 5:31
     7.   Be My Enemy (Scott) - 4:17
     8.   Trumpets (Scott) - 3:36
     9.   This Is the Sea (Scott) - 9:01
     10.   [CD-ROM Track]
     11.   Beverly Penn (Scott) - 5:40
     12.   Sleek White Schooner (Scott) - 3:44
     13.   Medicine Bow (Thistlethwaite) - 5:45
     14.   Medicine Jack (Scott) - 4:12
     15.   High Far Soon (Scott) - 2:06
     16.   Even the Trees Are Dancing (Scott) - 4:29
     17.   Towers Open Fire (Scott) - 4:35
     18.   This Is the Sea [live] (Scott) - 5:55
     19.   Then You Hold Me (Scott) - 4:56
     20.   Spirit (Scott) - 4:12
     21.   Miracle (Scott) - 1:16
     22.   I Am Not Here (Scott) - 0:23
     23.   Sweet Thing (Morrison) - 7:14
     24.   The Waves (Scott) - 9:10
     25.   [CD-ROM Track]

vansmack

« Reply #147 on: June 17, 2004, 07:27:00 pm »
SOCIAL DISTORTION IN THE STUDIO MIXING

Cameron Webb and Mike Ness are currently in a Los Angeles studio mixing the songs recorded for the new record. Below is a list of song names that will be on the album. Theyâ??re not in the final sequence, but we wanted to give you the first glance at the songs youâ??ve been waiting for. A title for the record is still in the works, but we will be sure to let you in on what it is as soon as we get it from the big man himself.

Songs:
 Reach For The Sky
 Shake Ass
 Donâ??t Take Me For Granted
 Footprints On My Ceiling
 Nickels & Dimes
 I Wasnâ??t Born To Follow
 Winners & Losers
 Faithless
 Live Before You Die
 Angels Wings
27>34

brennser

« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2004, 09:30:00 am »
The Libertines Reveal New LP Tracklist
 The Chaste team with The Resolute, The Virtuous for PiousFest '04
 James Gregory reports:
 They fight, they steal, they break up and make up... all while singing songs! West Side Story it ain't, but, in a strikingly Beulah-esque move, The Libertines are apparently staying together after all, despite a widely reported announcement that they had disbanded. To that end, they've announced the tracklist of their upcoming second album, cleverly titled The Libertines.

According to NME, the album is set for an August 30th release on Rough Trade Records, and, like their first album, was produced by Mick Jones of The Clash and Big Audio Dynamite. With any luck, this sophomore effort will be more Give 'em Enough Rope than No. 10, Upping Street-- although, come to think of it, a wicked cover of "C'Mon Every Beatbox" could be pretty inspired. The album's first single, "Can't Stand Me Now", is slated for an August 9th release. Tracklist for The Libertines:

01 Can't Stand Me Now
 02 Last Post On The Bugle
 03 Don't Be Shy
 04 The Man Who Would Be King
 05 Music When The Lights Go Out
 06 Narcissist
 07 The Ha Ha Wall
 08 Arbeit Macht Frei
 09 Campaign Of Hate
 10 What Katie Did
 11 Tomblands
 12 The Saga
 13 Road To Ruin
 14 What Became Of The Likely Lads

This particular album news comes hot on the heels of a yearlong bout of loveable hijinx on the part of frontman Pete Doherty who, as previously reported (and sometimes not reported-- he's a tough fucker to keep up with), went to jail for breaking into his bandmates' apartment, entered and broke out of various and sundry drug rehab clinics (inconsideratly dropping their success rates in the process), and attempted to launch a solo career under the God-awful name Babyshambles before finally reuniting with The Libertines this month. Certainly more drama is coming right up. We'll keep you posted like mini Dr. Phils.

MET

« Reply #149 on: June 29, 2004, 01:16:00 pm »
New Spice 1 & MC Eiht collab album "The Pioneers" drops today, June 29th.

More info and audio  here.