Author Topic: Albums in 2004  (Read 50041 times)

walkman

Re: Albums in 2004
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2004, 12:33:00 pm »
new Black Eyes LP due out this fall! Jag, here's lookin at you!

and for more on Morrissey, this was just posted on the DFA Records website:

"The DFA have interviewed Morrissey for a February/March cover story for Index Magazine.  The interview took place at Sarm Hookend Studio in Oxfordshire England, where Morrissey is recording his new LP.

vansmack

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2004, 01:05:00 pm »
That likely never to be released but has been worked on for 7+ years Social Distortion album might come out in 2004.  They've only got 11.5 months to get it out.  That should be enough time.

And U2 are looking at the possibility of a fall release.
27>34

J'Mal

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2004, 01:21:00 pm »
Wow, sounds like Morrissey finally recorded a happy album!

Bags

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2004, 03:08:00 pm »
Hmmmm, interesting.  They worked with Foo Fighters producer....

ASH have completed their fourth full-length studio album, and claim that itā??s their heaviest yet.

Originally posted by pollard:

Originally posted by brennser:

Ash should have a new one out

http://nme.com/news/107217.htm  [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2004, 03:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  That likely never to be released but has been worked on for 7+ years Social Distortion album might come out in 2004.  They've only got 11.5 months to get it out.  That should be enough time.
if its taken them 7 years already, what makes you think 11 more months in enough?

Yank

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2004, 03:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by mark e smith:

Originally posted by PseudoScouseTwat:
  They'll be limited to 75,000 copies.  That's a lot for most alt-country bands, but these will sell out pretty quickly over here.
Thanks, Twat!

Actually I will just put in an order to CDwow, but if that falls through, thanks for giving me an option. It is very kind of you. And you were right about the La's. (I have been listening to it a lot)

Didnt Magic and Medicine sell 100 000 copies in the UK in its first week? Like that, this album could be gone in a day or two.

And GGW, isnt it time to give up on Morrissey? [/b]
No problem Markie.  I know how hard (and expensive) it can be to get the British releases in the states.  I get to the record stores in Liverpool and Manchester quite often, so it wouldn't be a problem helping you guys out when I can.

That Franz Ferdinand is great.  They are really getting a strong reception so far in Britain.  The new single (Take Me Out) just came out this week and the full length comes out in Feburary.  

I'm in the middle of reading that book about The La's now.  Supposively, Lee Mavers has new material that is even stronger than the songs on The La's album, but no one knows if we'll ever hear them.

brennser

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2004, 03:25:00 pm »
ASH have completed their fourth full-length studio album, and claim that itā??s their heaviest yet.

yeah very interesting - not sure what to think - on the one hand both Nevermind and Appetite for Destruction are great albums, on the other I have a nagging fear it'll come out sounding like Good Charlotte....lets hope not

vansmack

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2004, 04:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  if its taken them 7 years already, what makes you think 11 more months in enough?
I don't really, but the 7 year delay was, for the most part, due to Dennis' death and it's hard to fault someone for that.  However, the last two press releases have been very positive for those waiting for a new album:

December 3, 2003

SOCIAL DISTORTION FINISHED WITH
 PHASE ONE OF RECORDING

Social D has closed the first chapter of recording for their forthcoming record. The guys have completed recording drums and bass, and after taking a short break last week for Thanksgiving, Mike and Jonny jumped back in
 yesterday to begin recording guitars. Danny will follow up next week with B3 organ to close out phase two of recording.

October 24th, 2003

SOCIAL DISTORTION GOING INTO THE STUDIO

You read it correctly... the rumors, myths, untruths, and all your wondering about the record can be put to rest. Social D have completed their demos, and have confirmed time next month in a Los Angeles studio to begin recording their follow up to White Light, White Heat, White Trash. Thereā??s no scheduled release date at the moment, but stay tuned as we will keep you updated with the latest news, and photos from the studio.
27>34

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2004, 04:40:00 pm »
Do you have a copy of the "Another State of Mind" video? I had two friends in college who pratically had the whole thing memorized. Mike Ness sure was a fuck up.

Originally posted by sonickteam2:
I don't really, but the 7 year delay was, for the most part, due to Dennis' death and it's hard to fault someone for that.  However, the last two press releases have been very positive for those waiting for a new album:

December 3, 2003

SOCIAL DISTORTION FINISHED WITH
 PHASE ONE OF RECORDING

Social D has closed the first chapter of recording for their forthcoming record. The guys have completed recording drums and bass, and after taking a short break last week for Thanksgiving, Mike and Jonny jumped back in
 yesterday to begin recording guitars. Danny will follow up next week with B3 organ to close out phase two of recording.

October 24th, 2003

SOCIAL DISTORTION GOING INTO THE STUDIO

You read it correctly... the rumors, myths, untruths, and all your wondering about the record can be put to rest. Social D have completed their demos, and have confirmed time next month in a Los Angeles studio to begin recording their follow up to White Light, White Heat, White Trash. Thereā??s no scheduled release date at the moment, but stay tuned as we will keep you updated with the latest news, and photos from the studio. [/b]

vansmack

« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2004, 04:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Do you have a copy of the "Another State of Mind" video? I had two friends in college who pratically had the whole thing memorized. Mike Ness sure was a fuck up.

Yes, though I haven't watched it in years.  Ness is sober now....and he's still a fuck up, though I really think you would like his solo records.
27>34

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2004, 04:57:00 pm »
Don't have any of his solo work, but have liked what i heard.

i do have the SD live album, as well as a cassette copy of "Mommy's Little Monster".

Yes, though I haven't watched it in years.  Ness is sober now....and he's still a fuck up, though I really think you would like his solo records. [/b]

vansmack

« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2004, 05:22:00 pm »
  Don't have any of his solo work, but have liked what i heard.

i do have the SD live album, as well as a cassette copy of "Mommy's Little Monster".

His solo stuff is much more Country and Western. The first one is mostly originals and a few covers and the second (Under the Influences) is covers of his influneces growing up.  I like them both.  It's all in that Cowboy Punk mold of Hank III and Jesse Dayton (whom I saw acoustic last night and thoroughly enjoyed).  Just younger guys who grew up on Cash, Jennings, Williams, etc. and putting their own stamp on it.
27>34

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2004, 05:37:00 pm »
March 9, the new album from BR549

SPARX

« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2004, 07:46:00 pm »
[JANUARY 12, 2003]

A NOTE FROM EDDIE SPAGHETTI

Well, here it is, another "night before the release" at the Spaghetti manor. As you may or may not know, my record, The Sauce, "drops" (that's what the kids call it these days) tomorrow (or today, by the time you read this), Tuesday, Jan 13th. It's always kind of cool sitting here before the record comes out, not knowing what people will think and hoping for the best. No matter how many records I've put out, it's still exciting on "the eve".

It'll be a busy day tomorrow (today? - whatever). I start with a live appearance on KEXP, 90.3 here in Seattle at noon Pacific time. You can check it out anywhere in the world if you want at www.kexp.org and hear me screw it all up live on the radio! Then at 6:00 pm, I'll be doing a little gig at the Sonic Boom record store in Seattle on Market Street in my 'hood - the mean streets of Ballard! I'm gonna head down to Portland the next day (Wednesday the 14th) to do another in-store appearance at Music Millennium, 801 NW 23rd (NW 23rd and Johnson), at 6:00 again. So if you're in either of those areas, please come on out and help me to get The Sauce off to a great start!

Then, next week, The Supersuckers will be heading to England, Scotland and Ireland for a couple weeks before heading down the west coast here in the states. After that, hello South America! Do we ever stop? No, we don't.

For all you "electronic auctioneers" out there, we've got some some Ebay action happening right now. There's a test pressing of the L.P. for The Sauce which is super cool since the vinyl won't be out for another month or so. There's also some miscellaneous, one of a kind art proofs, signed posters (by me and the cover model!) and other knicks and knacks. Check it out!

Please, please, please (ain't too proud to beg!) go out and get The Sauce. I guarantee it'll provide you with some good listening. Come see The Supersuckers if we're in, or even near, your town. We'll rock your ass!

Eddie Spaghetti

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2004, 08:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by PseudoScouseTwat:

Originally posted by mark e smith

Actually I will just put in an order to CDwow, but if that falls through, thanks for giving me an option. It is very kind of you. And you were right about the La's. (I have been listening to it a lot)

I'm in the middle of reading that book about The La's now.  Supposively, Lee Mavers has new material that is even stronger than the songs on The La's album, but no one knows if we'll ever hear them. [/b]
>>> I'm one of the only people I know who actually saw The La's during their one & only U.S. "tour"....one of the most bizarre live experiences,ever....Lee is quite strange.....