Author Topic: Phrases you can't stand  (Read 24216 times)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
Re: Phrases you can't stand
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2007, 08:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by le sonick:
  "they are amazing live"

sorry rachel.  

i've really only seen like 3 bands who i could actually say were "amazing" live.
LOL ill assume that was directed at me  :D
HeyLa

kcjones119

« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2007, 07:54:00 am »
Hit me up.

Get at me.

Samantha

« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2007, 10:05:00 am »
I forgot, I hate it when people say "take it easy."

what if I want it, um...difficult??  it's just so demanding.  how about "take it as you like it" instead.

edbert

« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2007, 10:08:00 am »
"Thanks for the add"
 Does anyone on myspace have anything else to say?

Samantha

« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2007, 10:23:00 am »
these days, I mostly use myspace to plan with my cousins.

ughhh "thanks for the add" pictures are the worst...it really doesn't get more pathetic than that.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2007, 10:44:00 am »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  Who says this and in what context?  I mean, besides people from my high school.

Originally posted by ixkpd-bk:
  "no homo"
[/b]
I believe this started being popularized by Cam'ron upon being accused of being gay (heaven forbid) I think because he likes to wear pink.  It's seriously lame.  

I can't stand it when people say (or even print in new articles) that they "could care less."  Really?  how much less could you care?  Because saying that means that you actually care about whatever it is you're talking about.  You mean you COULDN'T care less.  it's really simple.  And of course I detest irregardless.  I start grinding my teeth when I hear that and when I hear nuke-ular instead of nuclear.  grrr.  stupid president
PANTS

PigIron

« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2007, 10:48:00 am »
Anyone who says "cool beans" gets on my nerves.  They are the same people that scream "high five" and then put their hand up (like they are saying hi) and wait for you to join them for a very effeminate "high five".  I'm not the most macho guy in the world,  but that one just makes me feel not really that cool.

And while anyone who says "bro" is inexcusable, those who seriously address others as "brah" should be systematically rounded up by the government and sent to re-education camps like the ones dictators reserve for political dissidents.  

The one that really kills me is the inappropriate use of the word "literally".  As in "they were so awesome last night and their set literally went on forever."

I was lectured on the use of the words "douche" and "douche bag" last night and told that these words were "very 1995" and therefore could not be used.  I often refer to people I don't like as "douches" ("that waiter is a complete douche").  Should I be dropping this one?

TheDirector217

« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2007, 11:00:00 am »
Originally posted by MyraEllen:

"no homo"
[/b]
I believe this started being popularized by Cam'ron upon being accused of being gay (heaven forbid) I think because he likes to wear pink.  [/b]
DING! DING! DING!

lbcardoni

« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2007, 01:18:00 pm »
Silverchair was Awesome

lbcardoni

« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2007, 01:21:00 pm »

"no homo"
[/b]
I believe this started being popularized by Cam'ron upon being accused of being gay (heaven forbid) I think because he likes to wear pink.  It's seriously lame.  

[/b]
Cam'ron is obsessed with purple, not pink

matts

« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2007, 01:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by PigIron:

I was lectured on the use of the words "douche" and "douche bag" last night and told that these words were "very 1995" and therefore could not be used.  I often refer to people I don't like as "douches" ("that waiter is a complete douche").  Should I be dropping this one? [/QB]
I am not a fan of "douche" but I find "douche bag" can be appropriate when "motherfucker" is just a little too hostile.

"Cool beans" is unbearable.  I also hate hearing "disrespect" used as a verb.

eltee

« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2007, 03:21:00 pm »
Last two places I've worked, everyone said, "No worries". It was a early 2000 phrase that bugged me.

Now I say it. Ugh.

Samantha

« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2007, 03:28:00 pm »
douche is acceptable, but moreso with another word.  douchebag, douchemonkey, etc.

TheDirector217

« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2007, 05:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by The Parkers are dead:

Cam'ron is obsessed with purple, not pink [/b]
You're wrong.  Cam does rock purple, but the whole phrase originated from him & that whole pink phase.  So much so, that he had a nice portion of NYC & other swagger jackers on the East Coast rocking pink as well.  Not me, cause I frankly don't think the Don Johnson/Philip Michael Thomas angle is all that fly.  But do you.  So now if this convo ever pops up, I've guaranteed that your ass will end up being right.

No homo.     :D  
 -------------------------------------------------

*phrases I hate*

1) "Hook up" - One of the dumbest things I've ever heard in my life.  Apparently, it means anything from deep tongue kissing to full-on horizontal polka.  Just keep your mouth shut (which is what you should always do, unless it was your 1st menage - then amongst your brethren/girls details must be divulged.)  or state precisely what it is that happened during your sexcapade.  That shit always annoyed me.  Probably the brainchild of some cat that spent far too much time lying on his dick.

2) *scenario geek complaint*

"What's good, fam? What you about to get into?"

"Shit.  Go scoop some CDs from Best Buys . . ."

COTDAMMIT!  It's singular, not plural.  Best BUY, BITCH! Best Buy . . . that always irked the shit out me . . .

walkonby

« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2007, 05:14:00 pm »
hands up . . . legs spread . . . lift your sack.