Author Topic: Top 5 or 10 Hoodoo Gurus songs  (Read 3208 times)

Bombay Chutney

Re: Top 5 or 10 Hoodoo Gurus songs
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 07:50:00 am »
(Let's All) Turn On
 Like Wow...Wipeout
 Tojo
 I Was A Kamikazi Pilot
 Miss Freelove  '69
 In The Wild

You really can't go wrong with the first 2 records.  I'm far more excited about this show than anything else that's come around this year.

Bags

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 12:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by mbg73:
  You guys are bumming me out here.  If my wife's due with our first kid on 9/7, it's probably not a good idea for me to head down to the Black Cat on 9/4, right?
Can't she call or text you if something goes awry?  Three days before her due date could be weeks before she gives birth (and firsts are late 87% of the time).  Are you going to stay home for 2-3 weeks?  Nothing you can do for her.  Now, if she gets pissy, I say heed what mom's hormones are saying.  Also, if it were three days AFTER, I'd say stay the hell at home, you're needed!

Bags

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 12:09:00 pm »
Question -- does anyone think we need to get tickets to this ASAP?  I've bought Black Cat tickets online only a couple time in many years, but it may be tough getting by this Friday or Saturday night.  

Tickets go on sale on Ticketmaster at 5:00 today.

[I have the same question for Superdrag, but as that's on soft sale and I can go by the 9:30 Club box office Saturday during the day, I'm assuming I'll be okay.]

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2007, 12:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  Question -- does anyone think we need to get tickets to this ASAP?  I've bought Black Cat tickets online only a couple time in many years, but it may be tough getting by this Friday or Saturday night.  

There's probably plenty of time, but I after seeing the board's response to their arrival, I'm playing it safe.  The extra $4 is worth the peace of mind to me.

mbg73

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 04:12:00 pm »
Can't she call or text you if something goes awry? Three days before her due date could be weeks before she gives birth (and firsts are late 87% of the time). Are you going to stay home for 2-3 weeks? Nothing you can do for her. Now, if she gets pissy, I say heed what mom's hormones are saying. Also, if it were three days AFTER, I'd say stay the hell at home, you're needed!  
I guess I was only half serious when I wrote the previous message.  As much as I'd love to see the Hoodoo Gurus, I'm way more excited about the baby.  I guess my wife, who has not been pissy at all, could call or text me, but that'd be putting a lot of unwarranted faith in my ability to hear/feel my cell phone during the show.  I can't seem to do that in dead silence.  Plus I live in Baltimore, so I'd be a good hour away.  And while it's true that first pregnancies are usually late, it's also true that ultrasound dating is only accurate within a week, so she could really go anytime from the end of August to mid-September.  All that being said, neither one of us is staying at home for 2 to 3 weeks around the due date, and I may still make the show, just depends how things are going and where my head's at at the time.

mbg73

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2007, 04:18:00 pm »
Back in 2001 me and the misses went to see Iggy at the club the night before our daughter's due date...little Sophie was polite and waited another week to make her entrance to the world [Smile]

Because of the circumstances that Iggy show is a GREAT memory for us. We'll always remember that night.

We got to sit in the vip area by the top bar, without a place to sit it might not have been do-able. Just make sure she has a seat (surely someone will give theirs up for a pregant lady) and enjoy the show! If she goes into labor just hop in the car and go to the hospital. Really no different than hopping in the car and leaving from home.

Great memory, I'm sure.  My wife's kinda oblivious to the Hoodoo Gurus, though, and the Black Cat is not quite as friendly with the seating.  Home is in Baltimore, so it's actually a pretty big difference between leaving from home and from DC.  I hope the early Iggy exposure didn't corrupt your daughter too much!

Rupe33

• Playmixt
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 04:53:00 pm »
Anyone have any idea what their setlist might be like?  I never bought KRANK or BLUE CAVE and am wondering if they'd draw their set from those or more from the Stoneage-Mars-Blow-Magnum era...