Author Topic: patriot center info?  (Read 2693 times)

yinzer

patriot center info?
« on: July 26, 2007, 02:23:00 pm »
what's the lay of the land in and around the patriot center for drinking?  tailgating?  what's going on around there?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: patriot center info?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 02:29:00 pm »
Generally there's nothing really going on on campus after shows, there's a 24 hour diner though... dunno if its open in the summer though.

Maybe University Mall has something.
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 02:35:00 pm »
The parking lot is a short walk to the venue but I haven't seen any tailgating.  There is a good bar across the street. I think  this is it.
xoxo

ggw

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 02:36:00 pm »
Is Fat Tuesdays still at University Mall?

Che

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 03:07:00 pm »
Yeah Fats is still across the street.  They have a pretty decent happy hour that runs till about 7 I think.  Thats where I always go before events at the Patriot Center.

walkonby

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 05:05:00 pm »
there's a good place pre-patriot, called the blue iguana, i think, off of the fairfax parkway from i-66.  there is no tailgating at patriot; being a college campus, they strongly discourage any form of it pre or post shows.  ie, lot o cops cars and security walking up and down the rows.  depending on the show, they get bust thirsty for the allure of underagers drinking and the other types of party revelers.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 05:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:
  there's a good place pre-patriot, called the blue iguana, i think, off of the fairfax parkway from i-66.  
uggg! everyone at my work used to hang out there. i still am not a big fan of the place, but it seems that whenever i visit friends there, thats where they all want to go and hang out. i dont even think the prices are that reasonable, but i could be wrong.
HeyLa