Author Topic: YEAH!  (Read 5093 times)

mankie

Re: YEAH!
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2003, 04:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  (5) could you imagine now having someone's death on your conscience?  

For these two and child killers I personally would be very happy to pull the trigger, flip the switch or push the hypodermic needle then go for a few pints to celebrate a good days work. I don't see it as a deterrent but simply the ultimate punishment for people who don't deserve to breathe the same air cvilized people breathe.

Have you noticed those strongly in favor of the death penalty are just as strongly against abortion? Don't kill em young, kill em later! Seems like a bit of a contradiction to me.

flawd101

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2003, 04:28:00 pm »
i think torture is better then death...my cuz my hero and favorite comedian is vlad the impaler (fuck spelling)......so can we put his balls in a vice....or, of course, slit his throat and drink his blood.

staple his balls and penis to the ground and set the room on fire. but give him a pair of scissors...

mankie

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2003, 04:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by flawd101:
  i think torture is better then death...my cuz my hero and favorite comedian is vlad the impaler (fuck spelling)......so can we put his balls in a vice....or, of course, slit his throat and drink his blood.

staple his balls and penis to the ground and set the room on fire. but give him a pair of scissors...
Then he could use the tip of the scissors to pry the staples out...sorry you lose but we do have some nice parting gifts for you...thanks for playing.

flawd101

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2003, 07:21:00 pm »
not if they are those crappy safety scissors made of plastic and have no points  :o  ......

paige

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2003, 07:35:00 pm »
Well...in this case in particular it's kind of weird but i too am glad that the death penalty has been ordered... i'm back and forth about the whole issue in general though, for a few reasons: (some that Sir HC mentioned)

-it is cheaper to keep a prisoner alive in jail for years rather than go through the appeal case, etc that happens when the death penalty is ordered

- so many times an error in the justice system is committed...if you remember in Illinois Gov. Ryan pardoned all the deathrow inmates because of the corruption that was uncovered.. asshole police forced false confessions from so many men that these innocent people were being executed for no reason. i think that until the system can be somehow fixed or regulated, the death penalty is very risky for something with such a high error rate.

anyway... aghlakjg

walkman

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2003, 10:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by I Heart Walkie:

- so many times an error in the justice system is committed...if you remember in Illinois Gov. Ryan pardoned all the deathrow inmates because of the corruption that was uncovered.. asshole police forced false confessions from so many men that these innocent people were being executed for no reason. i think that until the system can be somehow fixed or regulated, the death penalty is very risky for something with such a high error rate.

that's the big question for me.  I won't defend killing as part of our justice system, because, apart from my personal beliefs, the numbers show that we've been wrong.  repeatedly.  and, oddly enough, guess who seem to get the worst deal?  not elderly white men, I'll tell you that much.

the system stinks.  Illinois definitely had the right idea.

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2003, 10:11:00 am »

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2003, 10:13:00 am »
So you're one of those fiscal conservatives looking to sut gov't spending?

Originally posted by I Heart Walkie:

-it is cheaper to keep a prisoner alive in jail for years rather than go through the appeal case, etc that happens when the death penalty is ordered

Guiny

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2003, 10:29:00 am »
"Kill Em All"

mankie

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2003, 11:21:00 am »
This bastard who shows absolutely no remorse should die...and today, not in 10 years after the appeal process is exhausted. There is no hope of rehabilitation for people like him.

Killers who show genuine remorse should be given LIFE with NO POSSIBILITY of parole. This way they can reflect on what they've done every single day for the rest of their lives...Prison should be punishment..no TV, no penpals other than direct family, same for visitors. No education, no exercise...My God, prison is a 5 star living community. They have better living standards than those living in barracks serving in the military.

Sir HC

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2003, 11:32:00 am »
Looking at those statistics gave me pause.  They say that there are about 3,500 people on death row, and 71 were killed.  There is no number given for those added to death row or if the number dropped this year (it did) because of the pardoning from Illinois and other states (didn't Texas just have a good case too?).  All of which leads to the question is the death row population just going up faster than they are killing them off?  Oh, and some die of old age or other causes before the government can exact its revenge.

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2003, 11:36:00 am »
Your tv comment reminds me of the time we saw a guy speak who had been wrongfully convicted of murder (later the real killer was found). He was complaining about the prison conditions, and said "and the tv didn't even have cable, only local stations". Not sure if he was joking...

Originally posted by mankie:
  This bastard who shows absolutely no remorse should die...and today, not in 10 years after the appeal process is exhausted. There is no hope of rehabilitation for people like him.

Killers who show genuine remorse should be given LIFE with NO POSSIBILITY of parole. This way they can reflect on what they've done every single day for the rest of their lives...Prison should be punishment..no TV, no penpals other than direct family, same for visitors. No education, no exercise...My God, prison is a 5 star living community. They have better living standards than those living in barracks serving in the military.

Guiny

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2003, 02:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  Prison should be punishment..no TV, no penpals other than direct family, same for visitors. No education, no exercise...My God, prison is a 5 star living community. They have better living standards than those living in barracks serving in the military.
Mankie, i couldnt agree with you more. Being an ex State of Colorado Corrections Officer i just cant believe all the rights these guys have. They get movie video's of recent movies before i have a chance to. If they whine they are always right. The word of an inmate will win over the word of a Correctional Officer any day. Their gyms are immaculate, classrooms, everything.....Once a week they get to order food and other everyday stuff from a catalog. Shoot i never had it that easy in the military. They have everything from Color tvs to cassette radios. Damn they even had soda and ice cream machines outside of their living pods. Kindergarten schools dont even have ice cream machines.