Author Topic: March Madness  (Read 26143 times)

Guiny

Re: March Madness
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2006, 05:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mike Rohsopht:

and i may be the only person in the world who had Bradley going to the sweet 16.   :)  [/b]
Well, if you did, it was a hell of an upset pick you made.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2006, 06:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

I have Florida winning, but losing to BC, anyway! [/b]
I have BC beating Georgetown. [/QB]
yep, me too
(o|o)

sonickteam2

« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2006, 07:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

and i may be the only person in the world who had Bradley going to the sweet 16.     :)    [/b]
Well, if you did, it was a hell of an upset pick you made. [/b]
well, i did, thank you very much.  despite my shittiness last year, i am completely blowing my work pool out of the water...its not even fair, i think they are going to just give me the money now.  28 for 32 in the first rd (missed Montana, Texas A&M, Tennessee and Mich St) and only lost UNC from my Sweet 16....and yes, i have Wichita St. in the elite 8.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2006, 12:34:00 pm »
 well, i did, thank you very much.  despite my shittiness last year, i am completely blowing my work pool out of the water...its not even fair, i think they are going to just give me the money now.  28 for 32 in the first rd (missed Montana, Texas A&M, Tennessee and Mich St) and only lost UNC from my Sweet 16....and yes, i have Wichita St. in the elite 8.
wait, you have 15/16 sweet sixteen teams?

out of the 3,000,000 brackets on ESPN, only 12 have 15/16, and none of them have all 16
(o|o)

ggw

« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2006, 12:42:00 pm »
I think Roy is calling "bullshit" on Mike.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2006, 12:43:00 pm »
I find this claim prohibitively unlikely.

sonickteam2

« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2006, 12:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  I think Roy is calling "bullshit" on Mike.
of course, i am lying about my bracket. haha. whatever.  first of all there are only what, 3 high seeds in the sweet 16?  George Mason, Bradley and Georgetown!

you have to look at how easy this was.

Duke's a no brainer.
   LSU is easy too
   WVU , how hard is that, they were a great team last year who lost NO ONE and had a 2nd rd. game with an overrated Big 10 team. (the overrated big 10 theme helped me out a LOT this year)
   Texas, easy aas well

Memphis, a one seed
   Bradley....well, i just picked one ok.
   Gonzaga - UCLA , really those were easy too.

now, the other side

UCONN, a one seed
    Washington, see, overrated big 10 rule.
    George Mason, the one that got away
    Wichita St.....well, i got on the Winthrop bandwagon, and then had to pick either Winthrop or Wichita St for the sweet 16.

Nova and BC are easy too.

Florida was too

Georgetown...again...see the Big10 rule.

I dont know what ESPN has or whatever, but this was NOT a crazy wacky tournament year.  

maybe if some of you people would watch the games instead of just reading espn.com and listening to tony kornheiser and joe lunardi then you wouldnt think i would be making something up...which i am still chuckling at the thought that someone brought it up...yet, not surprised it was Hoya.

sonickteam2

« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2006, 12:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by Roy Hibbert is Tall:
 wait, you have 15/16 sweet sixteen teams?

out of the 3,000,000 brackets on ESPN, only 12 have 15/16, and none of them have all 16
i suppose i should've signed up on the esPn then eh?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2006, 01:16:00 pm »
 maybe if some of you people would watch the games instead of just reading espn.com and listening to tony kornheiser and joe lunardi then you wouldnt think i would be making something up...which i am still chuckling at the thought that someone brought it up...yet, not surprised it was Hoya.
hey, i never accused you of lying, i'm actually very impressed that your bracket is in the top 0.000004% ....  i'm in first place in my pool right now by 3 points, but picking kansas to the final 4 might kill me
(o|o)

sonickteam2

« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2006, 01:26:00 pm »
i think it was Julian who made the slightly inchoerent statement.

and yes, after looking, if i would have used ESPN.com then i would be tied for first. in the whole country.  and next year, i will join.

i still stand by my word in that if you actually WATCH college basketball...your picks will be good...if you just watch Sportscenter and PTO then you will be swarmed with other peoples misinformation and not be able to clearly pick the winners.  hoya is an example of this as he watches college games, and therefore is in first place in his pool...enough said.  

my point total now being at 570, is much higher than 3 years ago when i had my best year after 2 round with 520! and i think you can look no further than the Big 10 debacle as my reason..no magic, just the conference i love to hate, sucking it up bigtime!

and fyi....

i have Duke, Texas, Memphis, UCLA, UCONN, Wichita St, BC and Florida.

then go Texas, Memphis, UCONN, BC with UCONN over Texas in the title game.

sonickteam2

« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2006, 11:11:00 am »
those were 3 great games last night, especially the late 2.   i cant be mad that Redick and Morrison are both out.  go BC tonight!

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2006, 11:28:00 am »
GGW, you had a huge night in our bracket ... i think you might have been the only person to have LSU over Duke ... what were you thinking in the minneapolis bracket?  nevada??
(o|o)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2006, 11:36:00 am »
Hoya...were you at the ESPN Zone with Mike and Mike this morning????

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2006, 11:49:00 am »
Originally posted by Chaz, Lover of all Beings:
i'm not a "morning person" ... were they talking about the hoyas going to the final four?
(o|o)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2006, 11:53:00 am »
Originally posted by Roy Hibbert is Tall:

Originally posted by Chaz, Lover of all Beings:
i'm not a "morning person" ... were they talking about the hoyas going to the final four? [/b]
Not really but they were talking about all the G-town fans that were there and one of them mentioned someone there or someone they met going by the name HoyaSaxa or something, and wasn't that your screen name once?

Anyway, it was early and I was probably hearing things.  I'm not really a morning person either but with a 2 year old and 4 year old we don't really need alarm clocks around here.....