Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10609632 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #14790 on: September 23, 2008, 04:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Some woman has called and left three messages on my work phone number today telling me that she hasn't received her tax incentive check. She left her name and social security number.

My work answering machine gives my name and who I work for. I'm not sure who gives out the checks, but it has nothing to do with who I work for.

Too weird.
this show sounds awesome, i'm totally in.  anyone got the presale password?
<sig>

Cali

« Reply #14791 on: September 23, 2008, 04:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Some woman has called and left three messages on my work phone number today telling me that she hasn't received her tax incentive check. She left her name and social security number.

My work answering machine gives my name and who I work for. I'm not sure who gives out the checks, but it has nothing to do with who I work for.

Too weird.
why is she just leaving her social on the machine, does it say to do that? i hate the irs for using my incentive towards what i owe for this year without asking if that's what i wanted.

dave24

« Reply #14792 on: September 23, 2008, 04:59:00 pm »
Yes @ Ram's Head (Baltimore) Sunday, November 16

There are a lot of gaps between that and their other dates on their Pollstar listing.  Any chance of them at 9:30.

FYI  -  this tour is WITHOUT singer Jon Anderson.  For longtime fans, that's the bad news.  BUT - the good news is, they have a new guy they consider to be Jon's understudy, and will be performing various tracks Jon doesn't enjoy doing live.  So - if there are songs you've wished they'd play, you may get to see them performed live now.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #14793 on: September 24, 2008, 09:08:00 am »
The two nights of SP at DAR are going to be completely different shows, apparently. There will be absolutely no songs repeated between the two nights, and both are "themes."

The band commence their North American "20th Anniversary Tour" November 1. The five-week run will be highlighted by multi-night stops in such cities as Chicago, Toronto, New York, Washington, Boston, Kansas City and Los Angeles. With such a vast repertoire, the PUMPKINS are coming prepared with completely different set lists in each of the multi-night engagements with no songs being repeated over the course of the two night run. Night #1 is being called "Black Sunshine," while night #2 will be dubbed "White Crosses." A special two-night ticket bundle will be available for all multi-night engagements.

In Chicago ?? where singer/guitarist Billy Corgan and drummer Jimmy Chamberlin continue to be based ?? the PUMPKINS will play four shows at two different venues. In cities where the band is set to play one night, they plan to deliver a unique one-off set.

RustyOrgan

« Reply #14794 on: September 24, 2008, 11:36:00 am »
I don't see a link on Ticketmaster for a two night discounted pass?

paul3mac

« Reply #14795 on: September 24, 2008, 12:13:00 pm »
Looks like I bought tickets yesterday for the "White Crosses" DC date.  hmmmmm...

Originally posted by Julian, certified WEBLEBRITY:
  The two nights of SP at DAR are going to be completely different shows, apparently. There will be absolutely no songs repeated between the two nights, and both are "themes."

The band commence their North American "20th Anniversary Tour" November 1. The five-week run will be highlighted by multi-night stops in such cities as Chicago, Toronto, New York, Washington, Boston, Kansas City and Los Angeles. With such a vast repertoire, the PUMPKINS are coming prepared with completely different set lists in each of the multi-night engagements with no songs being repeated over the course of the two night run. Night #1 is being called "Black Sunshine," while night #2 will be dubbed "White Crosses." A special two-night ticket bundle will be available for all multi-night engagements.

In Chicago ?? where singer/guitarist Billy Corgan and drummer Jimmy Chamberlin continue to be based ?? the PUMPKINS will play four shows at two different venues. In cities where the band is set to play one night, they plan to deliver a unique one-off set.
[/b]

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #14796 on: September 24, 2008, 12:38:00 pm »
Does anyone have the source information for the two DC Pumpkins shows being completely different, and for there being a two-day pass ticket option?

Glad to see them focsing on their past more, as Zeitgeist blows IMO.

Thanks!

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #14797 on: September 24, 2008, 01:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by Itouchmyself:
  Does anyone have the source information for the two DC Pumpkins shows being completely different, and for there being a two-day pass ticket option?

It's in the press release, it was reported all over the place, pitchfork, etc. I wouldn't bank on the two-day pass, though, but a definite for the completely different setlists thing.

killsaly

« Reply #14798 on: September 24, 2008, 02:12:00 pm »
Dec 13 - Talking Head Club
 THE SPINTO BAND:

OXFORD COLLAPSE

SPECIAL GUEST TBA

BookerT

« Reply #14799 on: September 24, 2008, 02:18:00 pm »
that elephant 6 clusterfuck tour is at the talking head on friday october 10.

azaghal1981

« Reply #14800 on: September 24, 2008, 03:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by BookerT:
  that elephant 6 clusterfuck tour is at the talking head on friday october 10.
Intriguing...
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #14801 on: September 24, 2008, 05:44:00 pm »
Write up of the clusterfuck tour:
 ELEPHANT 6 HOLIDAY SURPRISE (featuring members of NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL, OLIVIA TREMOR CONTROL and more!):

A traveling variety show featuring Julian Koster, William Cullen Hart, Scott Spillane, Laura Carter, Eric Harris and many more members of The Elephant 6 collective performing the music of The Music Tapes, Circulatory System, Scott Spillane, The Gerbils, Elf Power, Olivia Tremor Control, Nesey Gallons and more. In addition, Orange Twin Records is excited to announce the world premiere of ??Major Organ and the Adding Machine,? a short film by Joey Foreman and Eric Harris.

azaghal1981

« Reply #14802 on: September 25, 2008, 06:58:00 am »
Curtesy of the e-blast:
 W 12/3 Dr. Dog 10pm Doors
 (Didn't they just play a small club here (Iota or RNRh)?)
 M 12/29 Clutch w/ Russian Circles & Viking Skull
احمد

« Reply #14803 on: September 25, 2008, 07:18:00 am »
Yes, Dr. Dog did sell out Iota quite recently.

Their recent album is pretty accessible and pretty good. Not too surprised that it would find an audience.

Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  Curtesy of the e-blast:

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #14804 on: September 25, 2008, 10:35:00 am »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  Curtesy of the e-blast:
i just realized i haven't gotten the e-blast since mid august    :(
T.Rex