Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10598093 times)

RustyOrgan

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #18870 on: October 28, 2009, 05:43:47 pm »
Have Weezer fallen so far off that they can be lumped under the same umbrella as Creed and Nickelback and Puddle of Mud and Kid Rock yet? If not, I think they are closing in fast.

I'm not a fan and didn't catch their set, but based on several critics accounts as well as some boardies posting here, they seemed to be the cream of the crop at VFest.

Ha!  That's not saying much!! VFest had a shit bill as well!  I enjoyed Weezer's set but they make it really hard on their fans by releasing shit music... :(

bkrome

« Reply #18871 on: October 28, 2009, 06:10:54 pm »
Have Weezer fallen so far off that they can be lumped under the same umbrella as Creed and Nickelback and Puddle of Mud and Kid Rock yet? If not, I think they are closing in fast.

The groups you mention were never ever good.  Weezer was. 

Weezer has slowly declined since their debut album a decade and a half ago. 

RustyOrgan

« Reply #18872 on: October 28, 2009, 09:23:05 pm »

The groups you mention were never ever good.  Weezer was. 

Weezer has slowly declined since their debut album a decade and a half ago. 

Sigh.  Why must everything turn to shit?

hutch

« Reply #18873 on: October 29, 2009, 12:27:04 am »
Weezer was great at Vfest no ifs ands or buts about it.

azaghal1981

« Reply #18874 on: October 29, 2009, 12:32:49 am »
Slowly declined? That decline was really steep and it started right after Pinkerton.

You can start out as a decent band and end up in a pile with the worst bands ever. In Weezer's case (studio-wise), I think they've gotten to a point where the shit outweighs the goods.

I smell a new thread...

Back to the topic at hand:
Raekwon 12/15!

His has been the only hip-hop album I really got into this year.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 12:35:03 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

Staralfur25

« Reply #18875 on: October 29, 2009, 03:40:08 am »
la  roux
feb 10
9:30
yay

snailhook

« Reply #18876 on: October 29, 2009, 04:15:27 am »
I've been rocking that Khan Jamal album from '72, Drumdance to the Motherland a lot recently. Its made its way on to a couple mixes I've been pushing to friends. I'd like to hit up that show. Bossa seems like its having some decent shit recently. I wanted to see Dan Higgs there in August or September but couldn't get my shit together.

my bandmate in prv trio and chromatic mysteries -- ed ricart -- is responsible for booking cool shit at bossa. and jeff bagato is now doing his once-a-month series electric possible there, too. i've recently become friends with khan in philly and am trying to get him gigs around the northeast as i think he is one of the most brilliant vibraphonists ever. in a just world, he'd be getting paid thousands and playing theatres.

drumdance to the motherland is one of my favorite recordings of all-time, and i'm super excited to play with khan. the kohoutek percussion ensemble will feature nathan bowles of pelt/spiral joy band/black twigs/jack rose and john howard of hat city intuitive/plums, and possibly khan on vibes.

blinkboy

« Reply #18877 on: October 29, 2009, 09:26:20 am »

I'm not a fan and didn't catch their set, but based on several critics accounts as well as some boardies posting here, they seemed to be the cream of the crop at VFest.

Girl Talk > Weezer  (and i generally loathe mashups)

hutch

« Reply #18878 on: October 29, 2009, 09:41:15 am »

Sorry. Saw a bit of Girl Talk and most of Weezer. Weezer kicked their ass.

Girl Talk is not even a band! Some dude jumping around on stage doesn't cut it

Hipsters do not try to rewrite history. Weezer was great. I'm not even a fan.

RustyOrgan

« Reply #18879 on: October 29, 2009, 10:15:32 am »

Agreed.  Girl Talk is the soundtrack to some dude squatting on my face and shitting a link into my eager mouth... if that's what you're into.

Sorry. Saw a bit of Girl Talk and most of Weezer. Weezer kicked their ass.

Girl Talk is not even a band! Some dude jumping around on stage doesn't cut it

Hipsters do not try to rewrite history. Weezer was great. I'm not even a fan.

bearman🐻

« Reply #18880 on: October 29, 2009, 11:16:33 am »
A buddy of mine played me Girl Talk once. It was one of the few moments in my life where I actually wished music didn't exist. Awful, awful stuff.

azaghal1981

« Reply #18881 on: October 29, 2009, 11:57:35 am »
Will Eastman opening for Modeselektor.

Dear Will Eastman

I know you read this board so I thought I'd post this here. Please spin for 3-4 hours so that I can catch Kurt Vile then make it to the club in time for Modeselektor.

Sincerely,
azaghal1981
احمد

betao

« Reply #18882 on: October 29, 2009, 12:44:37 pm »
A buddy of mine played me Girl Talk once. It was one of the few moments in my life where I actually wished music didn't exist. Awful, awful stuff.

This.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #18883 on: October 29, 2009, 03:07:14 pm »
I saw Girl Talk at the Detroit Techno Festival this year. Quite possibly the most overrated experience of my life. The dude is the suck.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #18884 on: October 29, 2009, 06:31:53 pm »
la  roux
feb 10
9:30
yay
If only she could er-produce the remixes that I like of her.
‼‼?‼‼