Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10027621 times)

mekmad

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #33585 on: September 26, 2014, 12:53:00 am »
This is more my speed...

Ace Frehley
11-18
Ramshead Annapolis

$85 + fees

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

yeah i saw that....i'm fucked... i can't do it.

Looks like Rams head is Ace's most expensive stop, $30 in AC.  Poor tour stop planning.

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #33586 on: September 26, 2014, 09:47:21 am »
Rams head in Annapolis is always more expensive. 

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #33587 on: September 26, 2014, 09:49:19 am »
Right, but if he's demanding $7,500 per show, and Annapolis only has 100 seats, he should be playing a different venue.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #33588 on: September 26, 2014, 02:29:48 pm »
Weedeater
11/4
Baltimore Soundstage
(_|_)

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #33589 on: September 26, 2014, 04:25:03 pm »
Right, but if he's demanding $7,500 per show, and Annapolis only has 100 seats, he should be playing a different venue.

someone finally grasping the basics of the concert business!

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #33590 on: September 26, 2014, 05:33:04 pm »
Your numbers are way off, by the way.   Have you ever been to Rams Head On Stage?  It holds a bit more than 100 people.

16 six person tables is 96 people.  54 four person tables is 216.  Added together is 312 people (these are quick estimates based on their seating chart).

That times $85 is $26520.  Quite a bit more people and money than you mentioned. 

http://www.ramsheadgroup.com/about-the-rams-head-group/
Since that date, the club has expanded to seat over 300 guests in an intimate atmosphere
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 05:36:06 pm by Rogue Riderhood »

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #33591 on: September 26, 2014, 05:45:31 pm »
http://www.theborgata.com/shows/venues/the-music-box
The Borgata in Atlantic City has 1000 seats.  At $30 a pop.  Which is $30,000; almost the same amount as the Annapolis show.  Maybe the owner/s of On Stage thought Ace would be a great show, and a once in a lifetime intimate experience area fans can enjoy.  I don't see how any of this is poor tour planning on his part.  Just because less people get to see the show (and they have to pay more) doesn't mean the business side of it is worse compared to the AC show.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 05:48:38 pm by Rogue Riderhood »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #33592 on: September 26, 2014, 05:53:53 pm »
It was just an example. Maybe his fee is $25,000. RHAnnapolis is taking a calculated risk, and is probably hoping for a sellout.  They make their money selling food and drinks to a packed house.

I doubt AF cares - but I think RHA might take a bath on this one.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 05:58:37 pm by grateful »

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #33593 on: September 26, 2014, 08:03:39 pm »
Lots of shows at RHA are over $75 and they draw from both DC and Baltimore. Everybody except less-than-affluent AF/KISS fans will be fine.
😐 🎶

hutch

« Reply #33594 on: September 26, 2014, 08:07:26 pm »
the sad thing is nobody thought to book him in DC??

I mean Seth WTF??

i mean fuck ... "Surprise at the club Ace Frehley" for $30 would have done very well I think .. but maybe not.. I don't know.... I would have been all over it! Heck even U Street Hall could have worked or not?

its a shame that annapolis is the only place that wanted to book him...

sometimes after the ramshead annapolis shows they'll add a birchmere show but i don't know that this is going to happen in this case...

the last time he played the area was JAXX so there is obviously some disconnect going on when he is playing these weirdo venues.. .I know a lot of people are looking forward to Ace touring..it has been forever and to many people he is the cats miau

shemptiness

« Reply #33595 on: September 26, 2014, 08:52:08 pm »
Ramshead is a weirdo venue?  Or just an odd choice for Ace?

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #33596 on: September 27, 2014, 12:52:49 pm »

I mean Seth WTF??

i mean fuck ... "Surprise at the club Ace Frehley" for $30 would have done very well I think .. but maybe not.. I don't know.... I would have been all over it! Heck even U Street Hall could have worked or not?

sometimes after the ramshead annapolis shows they'll add a birchmere show but i don't know that this is going to happen in this case...

the last time he played the area was JAXX so there is obviously some disconnect going on when he is playing these weirdo venues.. .I know a lot of people are looking forward to Ace touring..it has been forever and to many people he is the cats miau

Sorry to break this to you, but no one in DC gives a flying fuck about Ace Frehley.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #33597 on: September 27, 2014, 01:10:14 pm »
This.  But also the possibility that nobody in DC saw any profit in bringing him here.

Yada

« Reply #33598 on: September 27, 2014, 01:20:30 pm »

I mean Seth WTF??

Sorry to break this to you, but no one in DC gives a flying fuck about Ace Frehley.

+1

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #33599 on: September 27, 2014, 01:25:04 pm »

I mean Seth WTF??

+1
+2
LVMH