Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10644851 times)

mdh9857

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #27165 on: July 28, 2012, 04:49:06 pm »
Switchfoot
FSS
10/3/2012
$31 (After Fees)

Heart
DAR
11/13/2012
$54.15-75.40 (After Fees)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #27166 on: July 28, 2012, 07:33:55 pm »
Nebraska, Ghost of Tom Joad, Seeger Sessions, and Devils and Dust ... These are obviously examples of Springsteen selling out.  ::).  If he was a sellout, he would have done Born In The USA every album since 1984.

His selling out have NOTHING to do with the songs he has written...
FUKIT

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #27167 on: July 29, 2012, 11:33:10 am »
I guess he must be a sell out based on your own personal definition of "sell out"; a definition that appears to be a mystery (at least to me).

Nebraska, Ghost of Tom Joad, Seeger Sessions, and Devils and Dust ... These are obviously examples of Springsteen selling out.  ::).  If he was a sellout, he would have done Born In The USA every album since 1984.

His selling out have NOTHING to do with the songs he has written...

RustyOrgan

« Reply #27168 on: July 29, 2012, 03:16:18 pm »
BRUUUUUCE!!
Fuck no did Springsteen sell out - He's made SO MANY decisions based on artistry over commerce. RatBastard just likes to be contrary. He's prob. eating ChikFilA as I type this.

azaghal1981

« Reply #27169 on: July 29, 2012, 04:28:38 pm »
They are closed today.
احمد

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #27170 on: July 29, 2012, 04:31:53 pm »
They are closed today.

LOL that was damn funny...
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #27171 on: July 29, 2012, 04:32:47 pm »
BRUUUUUCE!!
Fuck no did Springsteen sell out - He's made SO MANY decisions based on artistry over commerce. RatBastard just likes to be contrary. He's prob. eating ChikFilA as I type this.

Monday is ChikFilA day here, thanks!
FUKIT

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #27172 on: July 29, 2012, 06:42:02 pm »
BRUUUUUCE!!

Monday is ChikFilA day here, thanks!

@fakedansavage: Chick-fil-A is an obvious synonym for pegging. I mean, like, obviously.
😐 🎶

ggw

« Reply #27173 on: July 29, 2012, 06:58:35 pm »
There are hundreds of black churches and Moslem-owned businesses in the District that oppose gay marriage. Is the honorable Mr. Gray proposing to ban them as well?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #27174 on: July 29, 2012, 07:53:38 pm »
before another forum uprising starts, might i remind the good debaters here to start their own threads (without sweary words in the titles of course), or use one of cleverly named existing ones :)
T.Rex

Relaxer

« Reply #27175 on: July 29, 2012, 07:55:16 pm »
Well he, like the attorney general and governor your state elected, is apparently fine with putting personal views and attitudes over the will of the people.  Gray is on the wrong side of this issue but to call him out while staying silent on Cuccinelli is very telling. But DC is used to out of towners having lots to say about us for no apparent reason.
oword

stevewizzle

« Reply #27176 on: July 30, 2012, 12:10:33 am »
before another forum uprising starts, might i remind the good debaters here to start their own threads (without sweary words in the titles of course), or use one of cleverly named existing ones :)

you forgot to say "right after Relaxer chimes in".

bearman🐻

« Reply #27177 on: July 30, 2012, 10:30:18 am »
10/8
PIL

atomicfront

« Reply #27178 on: July 30, 2012, 11:56:01 am »
springsteen
nats park
9-14

Another performer who is way more hype than real talent.

I think you have him confused with Bob Dylan.

I'm not so sure that Dylan is hype, more irrelevant these days.

dylan irrelevant??? that is funny...listen to tell tale signs

and bruce is putting on shows touching on 4 hours....

How long someone plays has nothing at all to do with how talented they are.

Dylan's peak of relevance is behind him.  Not saying he is not talented at all.  In fact my comments were counterpoint to someone saying he was over hyped.

dylan is still very relevant... his peak was 1964-66 so.....tough to go back there, no?  but the guy is still putting out great records.. in fact his 35th drops in a few weeks...bottom line in 500 years the only musician people will probably remember from the past 50 years will be dylan

as far as bruce.. i think by all accounts he still puts on great shows

obviously its very hispsterish to bash him and acclaim the new record by some no name who puts on a 60 minute show in some tiny room.. but that is all it is...  i remember the comparisons of that kurt vile flavor of the month to bruce..good god does vile suck ass.

I don't like Bruce Springsteen's music.  I think it is the worst type of crappy pop music.  And I generally a big pop music fan.  Even "Born to Run" is a pretty awful album.  It has a couple of decent songs but overall it is filler.  I don't think he is successful because of talent.

But to your point I would rather see a no-name act in a tiny room that I actually enjoy than Bruce Springsteen in some huge sports arena.  Well actually I wouldn't want to see anyone in a sports arena.  But I would rather see the baltimore band's Art Department play again in a tiny art studio over Bruce Springstein anywhere.  that isn't hipster talk.  I don't really care or hipsters. I just don't like Bruce's music.

I dont' care for Bob Dylans voice.  So I can't listen to his songs.  But I do think he is a very good song writer and I do enjoy listening to other people perform his songs.  I think the moral of the story is if you want to be popular despite having little talent being in tne NYC area is probably a good idea.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #27179 on: July 30, 2012, 12:10:32 pm »
I don't think he is successful because of talent.
solid gold