Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10028493 times)

Hexenjagd

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #33090 on: May 30, 2014, 01:12:05 pm »
8/25
J. Robbins and Ghosts of Sailors at Sea
Galaxy Hut

atomic

« Reply #33091 on: May 30, 2014, 02:06:05 pm »
Ben Watt with Bernard Butler
7-16

Its like Oates and Garfunkel all over again.   Really Ben Watt cannot sing hopefully this is an instrumental show.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #33092 on: May 30, 2014, 03:31:16 pm »
Thanks Kate! I do not understand why some people want to go on and on and on about what they like and dislike, in this thread. 
I don't understand why it bothers anyone. I takes like a tenth of a second to process "show listing" or "discussion of a show listing." It's Orwellian to have another thread to discuss the content of this thread.
LVMH

Hexenjagd

« Reply #33093 on: May 30, 2014, 03:39:47 pm »
Because it turns into pages and pages of discussion.  Some people don't want to wade through all of that.

Use the commentary thread!

8/4
Supersuckers
Baltimore SoundStage

« Reply #33094 on: May 30, 2014, 04:11:10 pm »
Some people don't want to wade through all of that.
Some people do. What a crazy world it is where people on a discussion board might want to discuss things instead of just a dry recitation of facts.

LVMH

emmanuel

« Reply #33095 on: May 30, 2014, 04:18:09 pm »

azaghal1981

« Reply #33096 on: May 30, 2014, 04:21:16 pm »
Missed this if it was posted.

Riley Walker 6/15 BC
احمد

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #33097 on: May 30, 2014, 04:33:39 pm »
Some people do. What a crazy world it is where people on a discussion board might want to discuss things instead of just a dry recitation of facts.

Here's where it becomes a problem for me, and not so much a problem for the forum.  I have email notifications attached to this thread (and one or two others).  It sucks to have to wade through extraneous crap via email, when all I really want is a show announcement.  I don't care if you want to discuss the merits of the Pietasters vs We Were Promised Jetpacks anywhere else. 

I get that you don't care if I get emails filled with your inane banter.  You may actually enjoy it.  But it makes me annoyed with you, or at least as angry as I can be at a random anonymous internet person.  I could turn off notifications.  I could leave the board all together.  Or you could play by the rules.

atomic

« Reply #33098 on: May 30, 2014, 04:37:59 pm »

Here's where it becomes a problem for me, and not so much a problem for the forum.  I have email notifications attached to this thread (and one or two others).  It sucks to have to wade through extraneous crap via email, when all I really want is a show announcement.  I don't care if you want to discuss the merits of the Pietasters vs We Were Promised Jetpacks anywhere else. 

I get that you don't care if I get emails filled with your inane banter.  You may actually enjoy it.  But it makes me annoyed with you, or at least as angry as I can be at a random anonymous internet person.  I could turn off notifications.  I could leave the board all together.  Or you could play by the rules.

Kind of hypocritical of you to post that in the Just Announced thread. 

« Reply #33099 on: May 30, 2014, 04:39:33 pm »

Rule? Are you on crack? So Seth broke the rule yesterday? If I start a thread called "No Grateful Posts Allowed" and you post there should you be banned for breaking a "rule"?
LVMH

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #33100 on: May 30, 2014, 05:54:10 pm »
ok back to just show announcements

azaghal1981

« Reply #33101 on: May 31, 2014, 02:03:01 pm »
Chris Schlarb 7/20 Union Arts
احمد

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #33102 on: May 31, 2014, 05:40:21 pm »
I saw Sharon Jones and the Dap kings once and it was perfectly OK but I never wanted to see them again particularly. I have never understood this community's (musical) hard-on for them.

Cake, on the other hand, was one of the three worst concerts I have ever seen.

So you are saying you were not at the Courtny Love show at the club a few years back.
FUKIT

azaghal1981

« Reply #33103 on: May 31, 2014, 05:46:26 pm »
I was.

Thanks for that awful flashback.
احمد

stevewizzle

« Reply #33104 on: May 31, 2014, 07:41:54 pm »

Kind of hypocritical of you to post that in the Just Announced thread. 

POTW