Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10677757 times)

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #40830 on: March 15, 2017, 02:28:37 pm »
Which one? The Sweater Song? Buddy Holly? El Duce? Hash Pipe? Dope Nose? Pork & Beans? Beverly Hills? Islands in the Sun? Greatest Man Who Ever Lived?

I'm not even much of a Weezer fan but I know they have a lot of beloved songs that are played on the radio.
I feel they had at least three monster hits (Sweater Song, Buddy Holly, Say It Ain't So) just off the first album alone. Terrible take by Space.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #40831 on: March 15, 2017, 02:32:43 pm »
Which one? The Sweater Song? Buddy Holly? El Duce? Hash Pipe? Dope Nose? Pork & Beans? Beverly Hills? Islands in the Sun? Greatest Man Who Ever Lived?

I'm not even much of a Weezer fan but I know they have a lot of beloved songs that are played on the radio.

The "Buddy Holly" song is the only one of those I'm familiar with. Then again, I haven't listed to the radio in a while.

« Reply #40832 on: March 15, 2017, 02:42:03 pm »

The "Buddy Holly" song is the only one of those I'm familiar with. Then again, I haven't listed to the radio in a while.
I find it virtually impossible that you haven't heard Say It Ain't So or Island In The Sun (I feel that song has been in 800 movie/tv trailers.)
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #40833 on: March 15, 2017, 02:55:44 pm »
Fenech-Soler w/ Know Hamilton
U Hall
4/26

might try to make this one, could be my last DC show for a while...
<sig>

ggw

« Reply #40834 on: March 15, 2017, 02:59:40 pm »

I find it virtually impossible that you haven't heard Say It Ain't So or Island In The Sun (I feel that song has been in 800 movie/tv trailers.)

Space doesn't watch TV or go to the movies either. 

If it weren't for his job, he wouldn't even be on the internet.

moeszyslak

« Reply #40835 on: March 15, 2017, 03:18:13 pm »

Dang.  In The Garage name checks Ace Frehley and rhymes KISS with Peter Criss.  I would have though Space caught wind of that.

Space Freely

« Reply #40836 on: March 15, 2017, 03:20:08 pm »

I rarely go to the theaters, but I probably watch 150+ movies a year via Netflix dvd service. Can you list some of the 800 movies those songs has been used in?

Space Freely

« Reply #40837 on: March 15, 2017, 03:22:57 pm »

Dang.  In The Garage name checks Ace Frehley and rhymes KISS with Peter Criss.  I would have though Space caught wind of that.

As if i could get any less cool, my screen name is more a tribute to hutch's undying love of ace frehley than it is to my knowledge of KISS. Though i did see KISS live while in high school in the 80's.

I Know Now Why You Cry

« Reply #40838 on: March 15, 2017, 03:28:29 pm »
 :'(
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 11:44:59 pm by I Know Now Why You Cry »

« Reply #40839 on: March 15, 2017, 03:31:23 pm »
Can you list some of the 800 movies those songs has been used in?
"Island in the Sun" is used in the movie Out Cold (2001) a few times.

https://youtu.be/i1t8sE2Yj80?t=90
One of the Shrek films, I think. That Adam Sandler crapfest where he's dating the girl with amnesia.

Edit: Wikipedia links to a source that claims Island In The Sun is the most licensed song in weezers catalog.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 03:34:10 pm by Julian, Coastal ELITE »
LVMH

moeszyslak

« Reply #40840 on: March 15, 2017, 03:34:13 pm »

As if i could get any less cool, my screen name is more a tribute to hutch's undying love of ace frehley than it is to my knowledge of KISS. Though i did see KISS live while in high school in the 80's.

Hahaha I forgot!  Then Hutch knows whats up. 

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #40841 on: March 15, 2017, 03:49:48 pm »
Weezer & a bunch of other people
XL102 Big Field Day ($10)
May 13th

Wow.  I didn't realize Weezer had fallen so far.
I think it's a case of bands playing radio station festivals for cheap in exchange for promotion. I feel like they just did ampitheatres last summer.

they played Nissan last year, I think.... don't know how well it sold, though....

It sold just fucking fine. The show was great. Weezer Rule(s)?.

hutch

« Reply #40842 on: March 15, 2017, 03:51:54 pm »
Ace Frehley is the best guitarist ever...

ggw

« Reply #40843 on: March 15, 2017, 03:52:06 pm »

I rarely go to the theaters, but I probably watch 150+ movies a year via Netflix dvd service. Can you list some of the 800 movies those songs has been used in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEuIHmnYkbY

ggw

« Reply #40844 on: March 15, 2017, 03:57:57 pm »
Can you list some of the 800 movies those songs has been used in?
"Island in the Sun" is used in the movie Out Cold (2001) a few times.

https://youtu.be/i1t8sE2Yj80?t=90

Boyhood:

https://youtu.be/LZmAlfKwVD4