Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 9924922 times)

Space Freely

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #48270 on: May 04, 2021, 08:02:21 am »
$ is no object?

How much is the price difference?

It's always an object, but probably less so at this juncture, since I've spent way less money on entertainment in the last 12+ months than normal.

American Head was probably my #1 album last year, and if they hit that hard and threw in a few classics and avoided the deep cuts that I don't know, that would be a perfect setlist. I guess the same for Dino Jr. (though the new one won't likely be my #1 for the year.)

WALKonBack

« Reply #48271 on: May 04, 2021, 08:38:43 am »
Flaming Lips vs Dinosaur Jr 🦕 for first time show.

Flaming Lips, all the way. 

hutch

« Reply #48272 on: May 04, 2021, 08:47:41 am »
$ is no object?

It's always an object, but probably less so at this juncture, since I've spent way less money on entertainment in the last 12+ months than normal.

American Head was probably my #1 album last year, and if they hit that hard and threw in a few classics and avoided the deep cuts that I don't know, that would be a perfect setlist. I guess the same for Dino Jr. (though the new one won't likely be my #1 for the year.)

You don’t have issues with incredibly loud shows?

If you do Dino is out as their shows are legendary for being ear bleeders

I can see Flaming Lips costing almost double Dino...
Yada probably knows how to get $8 tickets

« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 08:50:12 am by hutch »

Yada

« Reply #48273 on: May 04, 2021, 08:58:11 am »
$ is no object?

You don’t have issues with incredibly loud shows?

If you do Dino is out as their shows are legendary for being ear bleeders

I can see Flaming Lips costing almost double Dino...
Yada probably knows how to get $8 tickets

Very true.... Flaming Lips will be ripe for cheap tickets (however, after the shit year we've been through, maybe not). Dino Jr ticket deals won't be found unless you can rely on #showConflicts.

I haven't seen the Lips since maybe 2003 at the Club or was it 2004?? Easter weekend... Anyway, I'll be at one of the two!

hutch

« Reply #48274 on: May 04, 2021, 09:01:24 am »
I am seeing Flaming Lips tickets for Anthem at $50-$95 (Source: Songkick)

So $50 should get you in door if you can avoid ticket charges

I believe Dino is $35

Not as big a difference as I thought

hutch

« Reply #48275 on: May 04, 2021, 09:05:48 am »
Like Yada I also haven’t seen the Flaming Lips since this show

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-flaming-lips/2003/930-club-washington-dc-23d41c67.html

hutch

« Reply #48276 on: May 04, 2021, 09:07:51 am »

hutch

« Reply #48277 on: May 04, 2021, 09:10:07 am »
Rufus Wainwright/ Jose Gonzalez

9-28

Anthem
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 09:12:31 am by hutch »

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #48278 on: May 04, 2021, 10:13:04 am »
Haven't seen Flaming Lips since Lolla '06 though this would be a hawt ticket given the last year or so, plus who knows what capacity limits will be for an indoor space by then. I for one am tempted. Anyone catch their piece on CBS Sunday Morning? Really cool stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYRUGRAWNPw
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 10:17:47 am by BrettnotBritt »

Space Freely

« Reply #48279 on: May 04, 2021, 10:24:48 am »
I am seeing Flaming Lips tickets for Anthem at $50-$95 (Source: Songkick)

So $50 should get you in door if you can avoid ticket charges

I believe Dino is $35

Not as big a difference as I thought

At this point, is there any way to avoid ticket fees? Box offices are closed.

Friday is my birthday. My wife offered to buy me one or a pair of tickets for my birthday present. I usually tell her I don't want any presents, just for her to be nice to me. Maybe I'll take her up on this one.

I do have ear problems from time to time and hearing loss in one ear, so that's probably a strike against Dino Jr.

Yada

« Reply #48280 on: May 04, 2021, 10:28:03 am »
Steve Gunn @ Creative Alliance on 12/12

hutch

« Reply #48281 on: May 04, 2021, 10:31:15 am »
Yeah I don’t think there is a way to avoid ticket fees... most unfortunate

You could always call that number at the club to verify

Good on your wife!

« Reply #48282 on: May 04, 2021, 10:31:27 am »
I do have ear problems from time to time and hearing loss in one ear, so that's probably a strike against Dino Jr.
They do make high-quality earplugs...this would be a good show for that

Although to be honest, I hate them.  I remember being at that JAMC show at the club a few years back and had them in for most of the show and then I took them out for one of my faves and was like...shit I'm really missing half of the show
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #48283 on: May 04, 2021, 10:44:25 am »
They do make high-quality earplugs...this would be a good show for that

Although to be honest, I hate them.  I remember being at that JAMC show at the club a few years back and had them in for most of the show and then I took them out for one of my faves and was like...shit I'm really missing half of the show

I haven't tried the high quality ones. I sleep with foam earplugs, and usually start a show with those in. Most of the time they end up in my pocket, because yes it does sound like I'm missing half the show.

hutch

« Reply #48284 on: May 04, 2021, 10:46:08 am »
I know we are dying to go to concerts but anyone else think the proles are still hesitant to buy tickets?

Arlo Pork took a week to sell out... Dino hasn’t sold out..Julien Baker hasn’t...Idles hasn’t ..Lucy Caucus hasn’t

Am not sure we need to panic about buying tickets for shows happening in more than 6 months unless Hendrix is touring again

« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 10:51:14 am by hutch »