Author Topic: Billy Connolly was right!  (Read 2042 times)

mankie

  • Guest
Billy Connolly was right!
« on: November 25, 2003, 02:04:00 pm »
Like a half stoned cowboy!
 
 Singer Glen Campbell Released From Jail
 By BETH DeFALCO
 Associated Press Writer
 
 Country singer Glen Campbell, whose hits included "Rhinestone Cowboy," struck another car while driving drunk and left the scene, then later kneed a police officer while demanding to see the police chief, authorities said Tuesday.
 
 He was freed early Tuesday on $2,000 bail on charges of extreme drunken driving and hit and run. He also was arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer.
 
 Campbell, 67, was arrested Monday at his home after a collision at a Phoenix intersection in which nobody was hurt, police Sgt. Randy Force said. A witness had followed the car, called police on a cell phone and directed them to a home in the Biltmore area, Force said.
 
 "Officers contacted the driver of that BMW who was Glen Campbell," he said. "Based on his appearance and demeanor, they believed he was intoxicated and took him into custody."

  • Guest
Re: Billy Connolly was right!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 02:06:00 pm »
<img src="http://www.engrish.com/image/engrish/publice.jpg" alt=" - " />

ggw

  • Member
  • Posts: 14237
Re: Billy Connolly was right!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2003, 02:10:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by mankie:
 extreme drunken driving
Why don't they add this to the 2004 X-Games?

mankie

  • Guest
Re: Billy Connolly was right!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2003, 02:11:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by ggw?:
   
Quote
Originally posted by mankie:
 extreme drunken driving
Why don't they add this to the 2004 X-Games? [/b]
You mean so the Brits might actually get a medal?

Bags

  • Member
  • Posts: 8540
Re: Billy Connolly was right!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2003, 03:21:00 pm »
They had video of him at the police station on the morning news.  He was still half in the bag, and looking quite kooky.
 
 Remember the days when everyone had his/her own variety show?

Re: Billy Connolly was right!
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2003, 03:57:00 pm »
Those were the good old days of tv. None of this reality tv or paying for your right to watch tv (cable). The days when bonafide stars had their own variety shows. Man, I miss 70's/early 80's tv programming.
 
 Glen Campbell does appear on the fine new Louvin Brothers tribute album, which would make a fine stocking stuffer for all y'alls dads, as well as your prematurely aged country music loving older brothers.
 
 
 
Quote
Originally posted by Bagster:
  They had video of him at the police station on the morning news.  He was still half in the bag, and looking quite kooky.
 
 Remember the days when everyone had his/her own variety show?

Re: Billy Connolly was right!
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2003, 04:05:00 pm »
The version Mankie posted missed the best punchline of the whole incident (Randy Force, what a great name for a police officer):
 
 (Polic Sgt. Randy) Force said that while in jail, Campbell could be heard singing 'Rhinestone Cowboy'.

chaz

  • Member
  • Posts: 5111
  • este lugar es una mierda
Re: Billy Connolly was right!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2003, 04:12:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Those were the good old days of tv. None of this reality tv or paying for your right to watch tv (cable).
 
 
I'd agree that the quality of TV programming these days is horrible to say the least, but uhhh, what do you mean "paying for your right to watch tv"?
 
 Last time i checked channels like HBO and Showtime don't show commercials, so how else are they supposed to make $$?  And as far as cable channels like ESPN and TBS, well those channels  are just products you can choose to buy or not.  It (cable tv) is hardly one of our "rights".

Re: Billy Connolly was right!
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2003, 04:27:00 pm »
I don't like the fact that to even watch just one stinking O's game here in DC, I'd have to pay for cable.
 
    Growing up in upstate NY, our local free stations showed a select amount of Yankee games, even though we were 3-4 hours away from NYC.
 
    They've moved everything good to cable in the last 25 years, and you have to pay to watch it, though I never have. Screw em. Screw em good.
 
   
 
 
 
Quote
Originally posted by chaz:
   
Quote
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Those were the good old days of tv. None of this reality tv or paying for your right to watch tv (cable).
 
 
I'd agree that the quality of TV programming these days is horrible to say the least, but uhhh, what do you mean "paying for your right to watch tv"?
 
 Last time i checked channels like HBO and Showtime don't show commercials, so how else are they supposed to make $$?  And as far as cable channels like ESPN and TBS, well those channels  are just products you can choose to buy or not.  It (cable tv) is hardly one of our "rights". [/b]