Author Topic: Coachella 2006  (Read 4197 times)

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
Re: Coachella 2006
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2005, 06:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by Etan de Balzac, Footie Ball Player:
  See it as soon as you can. By the time you're 30, you'll realize that 80% of those bands suck.

Originally posted by you be betty:
  i saw that on another board!

what sucks though, is that i'm always in california in the end of march/beginning of april.  so i'm going to have to wait 'till college to go to coachella; but i WILL be there as soon as i can.  wetting my pants periodically, because it continues to boggle the mind how they can get so many good bands together at once...
[/b]
hey; i kind of hope that by the time i'm 30 i will be PLAYING Coachella.  that'd be neat.

lily1

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2005, 11:53:00 pm »
excellent line up. much better than this year.  it is rumored that depeche mode is headliner.

alex

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 10:01:00 am »
Yahoo News confirmed Depeche Mode as the headliner of one night.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 10:10:00 am »
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! that Primal Scream, Underworld and The Coral might be rippin' it up on the 9:30 stage in the future!

otherwise Clap Your Hands Say Yawn....

Can certain members of the Happy Mondays even get travel visas?  Beside aren't they a bit dated and blotted at this point...
T.Rex

bearman🐻

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 10:33:00 am »
Don't you mean bloated? Then again, Shaun Ryder always WAS bloated. I'm surprised he is still alive. I still wouldn't mind seeing them, but I have a feeling they would be a bit of a trainwreck. But there are plenty of other bands I'd want to see.

evilsanta

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2005, 11:59:00 am »
my source in the mailroom says the lineup is

Day 1

ABBA
 Madonna
 Loggins & Messina
 Black Eyed Peas
 Peter Frampton
 Kelly Clarkson
 Rufus Wainwright
 Gwen Stefani
 Postal Service
 Donovan
 Keyshia Cole
 Liz Phair
 Keane
 Ronnie Spector
 Joss Stone
 Yaz
 Brendan Benson
 Brazilian Girls
 Ray Lamontagne
 Imogen Heap
 The Fixx
 Annie
 Isobell Campbell & Mark Lanegan
 Shemekia Copeland
 Libido

Day 2

McCartney & Starr
 Neil Diamond
 Traveling Wilburys
 Fleetwood Mac
 John Fogerty
 Los Lonely Boys
 Buffalo Springfield
 King Crimson
 Fiona Apple
 The Stray Cats
 Common
 Paul Weller
 Jackie DeShannon
 Simple Minds
 Bettye Lavette
 Terry Reid
 The BellRays
 Antony & The Johnson??s
 Black Mountain
 James Blunt
 The Magic Numbers
 Blanche
 Artic Monkeys
 Flying Pickets

snailhook

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2005, 02:01:00 pm »
this line-up = 90% mediocre trendy bands. not impressed.

roxy music w/ eno? that'd be great, but i doubt that's gonna happen. lightning bolt is slated to play terrastock in providence on april 22 or 23. i'd be surprised if they fly to california to participate in this line-up. we'll see.

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2005, 02:39:00 pm »
Ah, a man more jaded than me.

Originally posted by snailhook:
  this line-up = 90% mediocre trendy bands. not impressed.

roxy music w/ eno? that'd be great, but i doubt that's gonna happen. lightning bolt is slated to play terrastock in providence on april 22 or 23. i'd be surprised if they fly to california to participate in this line-up. we'll see.

brennser

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2005, 02:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by bearman:
  Don't you mean bloated? Then again, Shaun Ryder always WAS bloated. I'm surprised he is still alive.
saw a great documentary on him a couple of years ago - after watching it I was even more surprised he was alive.....

Got Haggis?

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2005, 02:43:00 pm »

ggw

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2005, 02:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by snailhook:
 roxy music w/ eno? that'd be great, but i doubt that's gonna happen.
Roxy Music To Release New Album
 by Paul Cashmere

December 8 2005

2006 will see the release of a new Roxy Music album, their first studio album since Avalon in 1982.

In an interview with The Scotsman, guitarist Phil Manzanera said he was nervous about the impending release. ??We want it to be really good and we're aware that recent records by the likes of Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones have not been well received? he said. ??We're from the generation behind them but the dilemma for us is the same: rock was supposed to finish for you when you reached your 30s. If you don't die before you get old, what are you supposed to do??

The yet to be titled album will be the 44th album Manzanera has appeared on. He recently laid down some work on the upcoming David Gilmour album, which coincidentally will be the Pink Floyd guitarist??s first solo album since the early 80 as well.

The new album may also be the catalyst in bringing back keyboard player Brian Eno who left in 1973 and was highly critical of their 2001 reunion. Manzanera, as well as Roxy Music members Andy Mackay and Paul Thompson recently reunited to play on Eno??s forthcoming solo album ??50 Minutes Later??.

Rumours are already circulating that Eno may once again join Roxy Music on stage during some of their 2006 performances. Roxy Music has started to perform the lost classics ??The Bogus Man?? and ??Pyjamarama?? for the first time in more than 20 years.

An official release date is yet to be set for the new Roxy Music album. So far, nine tracks have been recorded.

ggw

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2005, 06:16:00 pm »
Headliner = Pearl Jam?