Author Topic: Where do you all learn about new music?  (Read 10001 times)

Re: Where do you all learn about new music?
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2006, 01:05:00 pm »
Polysics have a new album out(2006).  But I don't think Dawn Of The Dead is very current...do you?  Wasn't that from like 2003, or something?

grotty

« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2006, 01:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by Laura Zepam:
  Polysics have a new album out(2006).  But I don't think Dawn Of The Dead is very current...do you?  Wasn't that from like 2003, or something?
Are you just in the mood to be contrary or are you missing the entire point of this thread?

Show me one source that address EVERY band/artist?

SPARX

« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2006, 02:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by The Artist Formerly Known As grotty:

Show me one source that address EVERY band/artist? [/b]
This is as close as it gets, far as I can tell. It Includes soundbites from the new Polysics as well:    www.allmusic.com

Bags

« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2006, 06:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by Friend O' Guy Chadwick:
  If your friend says The Bravery is the most imaginative and creative act he's heard over the last 12 months, chances are he's not a good "go-to" guy for new band info.
Although I will say, I would be shocked and awed if I had one in ten friends who'd ever heard of The Bravery!  (Luckily, the few who do know who The Bravery are listen to way better shit than that).   ;)

SPARX

« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2006, 12:18:00 am »
Just a couple obvious ones I enjoy reading who do decent reviews of new releases. Uncut and Mojo magazines, they also do some decent music articles of days past, as well as a section on film.