Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 8574 times)

azaghal1981

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2008, 03:41:00 pm »
That was indeed a good one.

Julian's raccoo-oo-oon cover band post was funnier, though.
احمد

sonickteam2

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 03:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Superdrag - Charm City on Wednesday;  
make sure you get there early to see the Frauds!

I'll be there too. should be a dandy

i'm also hitting up the Weakerthans show at the Recher on thursday.

heather

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 03:59:00 pm »
spoon, etc on friday!

azaghal, i won't know til thursday-ish, but i might have an extra.  if you're still looking then, hit me up!

azaghal1981

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008, 04:05:00 pm »
Will do!
احمد

sonickteam2

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2008, 03:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by Erinaceous Sonickus:

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Superdrag - Charm City on Wednesday;  
make sure you get there early to see the Frauds!

I'll be there too. should be a dandy

i'm also hitting up the Weakerthans show at the Recher on thursday. [/b]
so i just got back from the Superdrag in-store at soundgarden. sounded really good.  not mind blowing like Portishead, but they were tight and played 6 songs.  should be a good show tonight.

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2008, 03:43:00 pm »
Portishead did an in-store at Soundgarden? Must have missed that one in the email.

Bags

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2008, 09:33:00 am »
Has anyone read or heard about the Joe Jackson tour?  I've seen him so many times....though I know if I go, I'll leave saying, "That Joe is so great."  His new album got mediocre reviews, though.  Just wondering.

Thx

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2008, 10:20:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:
  Has anyone read or heard about the Joe Jackson tour?  I've seen him so many times....though I know if I go, I'll leave saying, "That Joe is so great."  His new album got mediocre reviews, though.  Just wondering.
According to his website he's touring as a trio this time.  Piano/drums/bass.  Listening to the new disc now.  It reminds me a bit of  Night and Day II.  I like it.  Typical Joe.  Piano-heavy, kind of jazzy.  

C'mon Bags - You know you wanna go.   :)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2008, 02:08:00 pm »
How were Yeasayer / Ponytail? Did Ponytail steal the show ?
(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2008, 02:47:00 pm »
Both were pretty good. I love the high energy that Ponytail always bring. Yeasayer played a solid yet fairly short set. They played quite a few songs that aren't on the album as well as Sunrise, Wait for the Summer, Wait for the Wintertime, 2080, No Need to worry and Forgiveness. Live, they have so many sonic similarities to Animal Collective.
احمد

walkonby

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2008, 02:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
  dirty projectors

margaret cho

hot chip

nada surf
saw m. cho last night.  she has lost her edge, sad to say.  still very funny, though and the opener was great. there are some moments when you are like, "oh no she didn't." as you spray laughter all over the person in front of you.  i was behind two older (dressed very nice) people . . . who did not move or laugh once.  the show was very very dirty too.  every other word out her mouth was "my pussy needs" this and "cocks in my face" that.  fucking good time.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2008, 03:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
 I love the high energy that Ponytail always bring.
ponytail did indeed have energy... and little else.  they certainly weren't overflowing with musical talent, as far as i can tell, except for the drummer who was pretty good.  her vocals irritated me, and they seemed to be improvising... and only occasionally in the same key.  i spent most of their set in the red room downstairs.  i gave them a chance three separate times, and every time i actively disliked their sound (as in, i got up and left).  i found it telling that yeasayer continuously thanked them... for being such nice people.  not for their music, but for their disposition.  they did indeed seem like genuinely nice folks, tho.

yeasayer was solid, but their set was on the short side as azaghal mentioned (wish i had known you were there).  no encore, which i had hoped we'd rate since this was a make-up show.
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2008, 03:11:00 pm »
Yeah Ponytail are  pretty much a sloppier deerhoof with a less coherent singer but I still think they're fun as an opener once in a while.
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2008, 04:37:00 pm »
If anyone here saw them (snailhook?), how were the Skaters and Zac Davis?

I'll probably be seeing the skaters at no fun fest if I decide to go that day. Still debating between friday and saturday.
احمد