Author Topic: Spoon tonight roll call  (Read 5049 times)

heather

Re: Spoon tonight roll call
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2008, 03:28:00 pm »
good call on the white rabbits recommendation.  i made a point of getting there in time for their set.  i was very impressed, wanted to hear more; i'll definitely make a point of listening to fort nightly and catching them next time they're in town.  and i'm with you, myra, i wasn't feeling the walkmen at all.

spoon was really good.  we were posted up in the back-- trying to catch some random breeze (there were several points that i thought i was melting)-- so my view was mostly the backs of heads.  it was difficult even seeing the screens on either side of the stage, so i can't speak to the "performance." second time seeing spoon, and i like how the albums translate to the live show.  only real complaint with the set was that it seemed rushed.

that was my first time to sonar.  let's just say it makes me appreciate the 930 that much more  :D

azaghal1981

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2008, 03:39:00 pm »
If you've ever wanted to know what being in a sawna with 1199 other people was like, go to sonar.

Everytime I go there, I leave that room in a pool of sweat swearing I won't go back.

I've never experienced this but I've heard stories of sweat hitting the ceiling and then dripping on people in big goops.
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2008, 05:47:00 pm »
sauna*
احمد

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2008, 06:49:00 pm »
Did they play Sister Jack last night? Someone post a setlist!
Woof.

killsaly

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2008, 06:59:00 pm »
That was the most people I have ever seen there.  It    isnt always that hot, but i agree that last night was sweltering in there.  I was running late and missed both opening bands.  Thank goodness White Rabbits is playing at BC soon, since everyone seemed to really dig their set.  It will be good to see them do a full set.  Spoon was great. They played most of the songs that I wanted to hear, and also a couple that I didnt know and thought were just so so.  Great night though.

azaghal1981

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2008, 08:22:00 pm »
It's been that hot each time I've been but then again, each time I've been, it's been sold out.

Didn't go last night but I know that feeling. Gross...
احمد

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2008, 04:14:00 am »
Here's the Baltimore setlist, someone AMAZING recorded it, and it's pretty good.

Setlist:

Chicago at Night
 Rhthm & Soul
 Stay Don't Go
 Jonathan Fisk
 The Delicate Place
 Nefarious
 The Ghost of You Lingers
 Peace Like a River (Paul Simon)
 Don't You Evah
 Don't Make Me a Target
 Someone Something
 Back to the Life
 I Summon You
 I Turn My Camera On
 Finer Feelings
 You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb
 The Two Sides Of Monsieur Valentine
 The Underdog
 --
 Anything You Want
 The Beast And Dragon, Adored
 Small Stakes
 --
 Rocks Off

You guys got a DAMN good setlist, but I think I like the Philly one better. Damn though, I suck because I didn't know that Rocks Off was a Rolling Stone cover. You guys got Chicago at Night, Jonathon Fisk, Back to the Life, and Anything You Want. Wow to THAT.
Woof.

wml7

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2008, 11:08:00 am »
Show at the Norva was pretty good.  White Rabbits were pretty good.  Walkmen were good and Spoon was Spoon.  What the hell was with all the Camel sponsership going on there?  Was this the same at all their shows????

azaghal1981

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2008, 01:32:00 pm »
Recording for anyone who has a dime account:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=192393

Will sendspace or megaupload it for everyone else when it's done downloading.
احمد

hartbr8k1d

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2008, 02:17:00 pm »
I would really appreciate an upload to sendspace or megaupload. The show was great.

azaghal1981

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2008, 02:22:00 pm »
Gonna be a while. Fucking torrent's not moving.
احمد

MonkeyPants

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2008, 12:24:00 am »
me too!  please?  :)
PANTS

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2008, 02:05:00 am »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:

I've never experienced this but I've heard stories of sweat hitting the ceiling and then dripping on people in big goops.
I ♥ Sweaty nights at Sonar

They should re-name Taxlo "Sweaty Nights"
‼‼?‼‼

azaghal1981

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2008, 07:41:00 am »
Almost done dling but stuck again. Hopefully it'll be ready to send to sendspace or megaupload when I get back from work.
احمد

hartbr8k1d

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2008, 08:24:00 am »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  Almost done dling but stuck again. Hopefully it'll be ready to send to sendspace or megaupload when I get back from work.
Thanks. Looking forward to it. Does anyone know if the whole show was recorded by anyone? The White Rabbits were excellent and I'd like to try and get my hands on that, too.