Author Topic: The Hold Steady Call of Roll  (Read 6279 times)

Bags

Re: The Hold Steady Call of Roll
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 02:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by kcjones119:
  I'll be there.  I'm a little leery of seeing hold steady in a bigger (non black cat/ottobar) setting but I'm sure the overall bill will make up for that.
I saw them at Lollapalooza, on a pretty big stage, and they DEFINITELY have the reach to fill a big place.  Hell, there they filled a field and were the best band I saw that weekend.  And really, 9:30 is not big.

I will be there and am super excited.  I just took Wednesday off from work (which means Rhett gets to see me in one of my wild stages, whereas more times than not I'm just chillin'), and am seeing them in NYC on Wednesday night.

I'll wear my bright gold OK Go shirt (Ok Go name on front looks kind of like a target without any red in it).  I'll be there by 8:00 to catch the full night of fun.

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 02:48:00 pm »
Given that I've read numerous times on this board about how safe the neighborhood is, it's probably a wise idea for me to leave my lunch money in my car.

Originally posted by nkotb:
  Man, as if I weren't psyched enough, now I find out I may meet Rhett.  Christmas is coming early this year.

So are the 1990s good live?  I listened to the album and thought it was snoozeville.

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2007, 02:49:00 pm »
And speaking of the neighborhood, I'm dining with friends before show an walking to Club from 14th and U area. Is the neighborhood all two hour zoned parking, and if so, how late does the two hour limit run?

brennser

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 03:06:00 pm »
nice

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  anseo

brennser

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 03:07:00 pm »
and I do look rather delectable in the flesh - shoot me a text at the show so I can buy you a drink for that long term loan!

Originally posted by chaz:
  I'll be there...will I finally meet some of you wierdos?  Brennser is the only boardie I've met in the flesh...

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2007, 04:06:00 pm »
Will do man!

Originally posted by brennser:
  and I do look rather delectable in the flesh - shoot me a text at the show so I can buy you a drink for that long term loan!

I'll be there...will I finally meet some of you wierdos?  Brennser is the only boardie I've met in the flesh...
[/b]

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2007, 04:53:00 pm »
Tonite in RVA.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2007, 05:13:00 pm »
i'll be there. you know how i do.
  :)
nothx

calecp01

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2007, 01:26:00 am »
They absolutely floored me at The Hotel a while back.  One of my fav shows all year.  But I also liked the album going in...

Man, as if I weren't psyched enough, now I find out I may meet Rhett.  Christmas is coming early this year.

So are the 1990s good live?  I listened to the album and thought it was snoozeville.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2007, 08:26:00 am »
I think "See You at the Lights" or whatever it's called is one of the catchiest songs I've heard in ages.  I don't think I'll be able to get there by 8:00 to see their whole set though....And if I did get there in time I'd be exceeding my strict 1.5 band limit per show.....Though on this bill I would have made an exception.

Originally posted by cale:
  They absolutely floored me at The Hotel a while back.  One of my fav shows all year.  But I also liked the album going in...

[/b]

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2007, 09:27:00 am »
I'll be there... Was won over on the Hold Steady after catching part of their set at Bonnaroo...Not so jazzed about the second Art Brut record... Willing to give the 1990s a chance live, as their record had that definite pop-rocks effect. At first there is that thrill of something interesting, but then there is that yucky aftertaste when ya realize there is some pretty horrid filler and it doesn't hold up after repeated listenings.
T.Rex

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2007, 10:45:00 am »
1.5 band limit. Haha. You're sounding more like me every day. I think the folks I'm going with tonight are insisting on 3.0 bands. Could be a long ass night.

I think "See You at the Lights" or whatever it's called is one of the catchiest songs I've heard in ages.  I don't think I'll be able to get there by 8:00 to see their whole set though....And if I did get there in time I'd be exceeding my strict 1.5 band limit per show.....Though on this bill I would have made an exception.

Originally posted by cale:

[/b]
[/b]

danesheahan

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2007, 04:20:00 pm »
i'm bringing my single, fair-enough looking Irish cousin (3 or 4 16oz guiness factor). fire away if you're inclined, she'll be loud, and standard issue hammered.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2007, 10:53:00 pm »
anyone happen to catch the song titles played in art brut's set?
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2007, 12:11:00 am »
Originally posted by Semper Fly:
  i'm bringing my single, fair-enough looking Irish cousin (3 or 4 16oz guiness factor). fire away if you're inclined, she'll be loud, and standard issue hammered.
first post, and the newbie offers up his cousin.

i like the new kid.
<sig>