Author Topic: Jimmy Fallon taking over Late Night next year  (Read 1626 times)

serpent boy

Jimmy Fallon taking over Late Night next year
« on: April 24, 2008, 04:57:00 pm »
"The word is out among the NBC brass: As rumored and bounced around for some time, Jimmy Fallon is set to take Conan Oâ??Brienâ??s job as host of "Late Night" in 2009. Itâ??s a done deal.

Conan, of course, will be taking over for Jay Leno, who will leave the "Tonight" show in May 2009 as part of a forced retirement.

Thereâ??s much debate about letting Leno leave NBC etc., but right now letâ??s just concentrate on Jimmy. Heâ??s the perfect successor to Conan and should have just as big an audience when he takes the reins. Fallon is one of those great underrated performers. This should be the right milieu for him.

Iâ??m told NBC will make the formal announcement about Fallon around May 11 or 12, when the network presents the fall '08 schedule to advertisers here in New York.
 Related

Fallon, who recently married producer Nancy Juvonen, is said to be thrilled and ready, if not a little scared, about taking Conanâ??s desk. He still has to pick a producer and a band, among other things.

As for Leno, he has plenty of options. One of them might be to replace "Nightline" on ABC, pushing Jimmy Kimmel back to 12:30 a.m. But a lot can happen between now and May 2009 in the chess game they call TV programming."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,352397,00.html

---

Michael Ian Black gets screwed over yet again! I thought he should've been Late Late Show host, and now he gets passed over by Late Night?

Wasn't David Cross also being considered for this job?

nkotb

Re: Jimmy Fallon taking over Late Night next year
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 05:00:00 pm »
I'm a big fan of Black and Cross, but I can't imagine they'd do well in that situation.  Did you ever see Black's audition night for the Late Late Show?  It was PAINFUL.

Originally posted by serpent boy:
 Michael Ian Black gets screwed over yet again! I thought he should've been Late Late Show host, and now he gets passed over by Late Night?

Wasn't David Cross also being considered for this job?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Jimmy Fallon taking over Late Night next year
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 05:30:00 pm »
Extra gay.
‼‼?‼‼