Author Topic: Voodoo or Vegoose?  (Read 9878 times)

Venerable Bede

Re: Voodoo or Vegoose?
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2007, 06:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
 For me, it's hard to imagine why anyone wouldn't want to experience the incredible glory that is the Grand Canyon. Yet, I'll bet there are plenty of people who have no interest in going there.
yup, weird but true.  but i'm not going to ask you the annoying question "what exactly makes the grand canyon worthy of a visit?"   ;)  [/b]
well, it's got grand in its name. . what more do you need???
OU812

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2007, 06:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by wanderlust featuring j. marshmallow:
  Shows in Vegas are overpriced and the magician shows are a joke. Vegas is worth seeing once. My advice is to not spend more than 2 days there. I don't think I'll go there again, unless I have to.
my best friend at the time and i spent the spring break of our senior year of college (which was um, two years ago) in vegas for the week and had a blast. we didn't do nearly everything we wanted to do either. maybe it's a reflection of age? but i would love to go back and although i do enjoy some gambling, i enjoyed the shopping and partying/drinking a lot more.

also, i don't think we'll ever forget the topless magic show we saw combining our 'need' for both showgirls and magic. AND the drinks were free. but, then again, i love trashy, tacky, kitchsey shit. which is probably why vegas is so much fun for me. oh, that and im in my early 20s... which most of you aren't. *ahem*
nothx

vansmack

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2007, 06:54:00 pm »
Miss P, there was never any doubt which camp you were in.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2007, 11:30:00 pm »
just read that vegoose will allow taping "from behind the soundboard" (realistically, i can't see how they're going to stop folks from going closer to the PA, tho).  so, all you folks don't need to attend vegoose, it'll be online afterwards.  yeah, stay home.  don't crowd the place for those in attendance, it's going to suck, plus it's in vegas.  stay away   :p  

one funny thing i noticed tho is that nowhere is daft punk listed as performing there other than the vegoose website.  pollstar announced it in a news story, but hasn't added it to daft punk's calendar.  not that this is stopping me from buying a ticket (note to those interested: you should do so tomorrow, so that you get your presale code in time for the night show onsale on saturday).

good pix from their seattle show:  http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/44519-photos-daft-punk-seattle-wa-072907
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2007, 11:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

For me, it's hard to imagine why anyone wouldn't want to experience the incredible glory that is the Grand Canyon. Yet, I'll bet there are plenty of people who have no interest in going there.
yup, weird but true.  but i'm not going to ask you the annoying question "what exactly makes the grand canyon worthy of a visit?"   ;)  [/b]
i have been to the grand canyawn, at least thats what i call it.  a big whole in the ground...whoopty doo!!

and vansmack, contrary to what my name makes me seem, i am not french canadian....born and raised in the "slums" of Toronto.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2007, 02:15:00 am »
Originally posted by Cali:
 the weather will be better in new orleans. soo much cooler than vegas.
nope:

festival weekend in las vegas: average highs 74-76 degrees, record 96 (dry desert heat).  average lows 50-52.  mean: 63-64. source

festival weekend in new orleans: average highs 76-77 degrees, record 89 (humid swamp heat).  average lows 56-57. mean: 66-67.  source
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2007, 03:30:00 am »
Originally posted by le sonick:
  and vansmack, contrary to what my name makes me seem, i am not french canadian....born and raised in the "slums" of Toronto.
Then you should change your name to Le Posouer.
27>34

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2007, 07:15:00 am »
New Orleans vs Las Vegas?

if you have to ask that one, you deserve Las Vegas

sonickteam2

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2007, 08:34:00 am »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Then you should change your name to Le Posouer. [/b]
haha, thats Poseur to you sir!

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2007, 10:12:00 am »
Unless you've experienced it on the hike to the bottom, you really haven't experienced it.   ;)  

[/qb]
i have been to the grand canyawn, at least thats what i call it.  a big whole in the ground...whoopty doo!!
 [/QB][/QUOTE]

TheDirector217

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2007, 11:15:00 am »
  Ok, from what I've READ.

Please tell me, what makes Vegas a "great city" worthy of a "proper visit"?

I'll bet there are plenty of people on this very board who have no interest in ever going to Vegas, based on what they've read/heard.

Ummmmmm.  Yeah.  Because strippers, gambling, & ridiculous clubs with model-type women where the party's still jumpin' when the sun comes up is no fun.  None at all.    :roll:  

What the fuck were all these sheep thinking????

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2007, 11:18:00 am »
Not everybody here is as much of an over the top idiot as you are. And one doesn't have to be an over the top idiot to have fun in life.   :p  

Originally posted by TheDirector217:

Ok, from what I've READ.

I'll bet there are plenty of people on this very board who have no interest in ever going to Vegas, based on what they've read/heard.

Ummmmmm.  Yeah.  Because strippers, gambling, & ridiculous clubs with model-type women where the party's still jumpin' when the sun comes up is no fun.  None at all.     :roll:  

What the fuck were all these sheep thinking???? [/b]

TheDirector217

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2007, 12:07:00 pm »
Over the top.  Probably.  Idiot.  Far from it.  You fussy old hag.   :p  

Just because I'm more fascinated with grand cleavage moreso than the Grand Canyon doesn't make me an idiot.  It makes me a perfectly normal 20-something male.  I respect your curmudgeon ways, have respect for mine sir.  

Not everybody here is as much of an over the top idiot as you are. And one doesn't have to be an over the top idiot to have fun in life.    :p  

Ok, from what I've READ.

Ummmmmm.  Yeah.  Because strippers, gambling, & ridiculous clubs with model-type women where the party's still jumpin' when the sun comes up is no fun.  None at all.      :roll:    

What the fuck were all these sheep thinking???? [/b]
[/b]

vansmack

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2007, 12:09:00 pm »
 haha, thats Poseur to you sir!
Thanks,  I'm not really up on my French.  I was drunk last night when I typed that and actually forgot I had said it until I got into work this morning.  It's rare that I can make myself laugh out loud 9 hours later...
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2007, 12:10:00 pm »
  Just because I'm more fascinated with grand cleavage moreso than the Grand Canyon doesn't make me an idiot.  
You should try some grand cleavage in the Grand Canyon.  Now that was a party.
27>34